It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans - but not comfortable.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
So what happened - lock-down and whatever.

Two dudes walking into the locker-room.

But wait, you used to be a woman!
Jeepers, not sure I'm happy with this.

I must overcome my own discomfort.
edit on 3-10-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

... part of one is forever gone. That's this virus period and year.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Don't know the name, but my trainer told me, she's going through a transgender thing.

Ja Ok, but in the men's locker-room?

Well, it looks like a man, I suppose can no longer go to the ladies.

Actually just sitting there, playing with the phone for two minutes.

I'm thinking, OK fine, but that was a shock.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Transgender - feels so "abstract", until it happens before you.

And I'm no prude, lgbt myself.

But it's still rather unusual.

We were joking (the dudes) - she took her brother's steroids.
That's how it happened.

Probably not, we must expand out concept of gender.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

It's not about others being comfortable dummy, it's the individual that only has this right. If you do not feel comfortable in your men's locker room anymore, it is a sign of hate and prejudice from your side. You want this individual to not feel comfortable, that is also very racist. In fact if you disagree with me, you are racist and just admit it.

^- this, this is the reasoning the LGBTQ community expresses. I am not heterosexual (bi) either but I have enough ability to self-reflect and see that it is not normal, not a topic for the public and should not be forced on others throat or make them accept my way of loving and living.

I don't know a lot of situations where someone wanted to set me straight for I am evil... but I do remember A LOT of conversations and overheard conversations where LGBTQ rabid missionaries demonized others for their lack of understanding and call it hate, racism or being phobic.

LGBTQ movement is too loud, too aggressive and too demanding.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

It's not about others being comfortable dummy, it's the individual that only has this right. If you do not feel comfortable in your men's locker room anymore, it is a sign of hate and prejudice from your side. You want this individual to not feel comfortable, that is also very racist. In fact if you disagree with me, you are racist and just admit it.

^- this, this is the reasoning the LGBTQ community expresses.

You had me in the first half not gonna lie, I was about to write an angry paragraph.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

imagine how that trans person felt to sit there knowing that just them BEING there, just being alive and a trans person, makes other people uncomfortable and will always be hated. Imagine how uncomfortable it was when they were insulted, called out for being a "man" or a "woman" and "doesnt belong there" or that they cant pee, or use a restroom because they dont look or fit into the norm of what a man or woman "should look like".
imagine the pain and confusion that trans person suffered when they were a teen or preteen and had to fight inside with who they think they are. (whether it is right or wrong, and whether its a "choice", the fact is there was pain and turmoil inside as a child)
imagine the life long struggle of trying to be accepted for who they WANT to be, for the rest of their life! Imagine that at any given time, that trans person can be called out, mocked, shamed, and even beaten or killed if they are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I wasnt born tall, or muscular, or good looking... but i exercise to build muscle to be muscular. I sometimes wear thicker shoes to make me an inch taller. i cut my hair and wear nice cloths to look more attractive and good looking . Since i wasnt BORN into those things, shall i be mistreated or hated for wanting and trying to BE those things now?

the mind and soul of a trans person is who (and what ) they are. Not what they look like on the outside. The outside tries to catch up to who their soul is. I.E. changing their appearance. Trans people were never really "used to be a...." they were always that on the inside. Perhaps they "used to look" like another gender in the past. But it is all just looks.
The soul of this person was always male, in your instance. And to that person, was as normal as if it were you walking into the locker room. (except for the turmoil, fear, anxiety, self doubt in their mind, and potential for harm or death by others) .

try this little trick next time you are anywhere around people. this is the cure for all those people that are racist , anti gay, anti trans etc etc person our there... ( im not saying you are, im just saying watch how this solves everything...)
next time you or any racist is in that situation do this:
Close your eyes!
100 % of racism, anti trans, etc etc, is all based on your vision!!!!!!! If you had no clue what a person looks like, then you would have no clue if that person was a male, female, black, white .... and it would not matter one bit.

getting back to my original thought, this trans person whose soul was always the sex they thought they were, in your case a dude walking into a locker room, was thinking the exact same thing as the other dude walking into the locker room. the mind was a typical male, thinking about the game they just played, what they want to eat, are they going to watch the game this weekend, or eat Chinese food tonight.... they werent going into the locker room for sex, or the bathroom to pee thinking that they want to see someone naked, or molest someone. They were thinking just like you:
" i want to live a life of freedom and be rich and have lots of nice things, free from persecution, hate, insults, fear of bodily harm. I want to enjoy the gym, enjoy my dinner, watch a movie, etc etc."

just let them and everyone else live their life. If anyone has an issue, simply close your eyes and realize that all our problems are based on what we think or want someone to LOOK like. If you didnt know that person was trans... would you feel uncomfortable or even be thinking about the situation if you assumed it was 2 genetic dudes walking in?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I should feel flattered.

Somebody actually wants to be a man.

You must be out of your mind.

But OK, welcome.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement
*sinister chuckle*
I hope the blood pressure did not rose too much.

Sometimes dry sarcasm is the best to point out the flaws in an idea. The flaw here being that 0.5% of the population are trying to dictate what the rest of the 99.5% have to think, feel and do.

You should see the angry responses I get on a different social platform. Me, bi, speaking up against this. Around two thirds of the younger generation (I am 30ish, so I talk about 18-25) identifies with the totalitarian view that you all must bow down to what they think they deserve.

It's really the latest batch of us that is that crazy, too but I can not connect to the spirit of 25 year olds thinking that the world turns around them. They wear this as a sign, they define their whole life around this. Even though I will tell on the forum, I wont do in real life anymore. Where I live, nobody knows my preferences and I want to keep it with that.

No ones business what I do in my bedroom and with who.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: loueber

Lots of creepy things make people uncomfortable...

We were born that way....got a problem with that?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Maybe if there are more than two genders we need more than two locker rooms? Put the gender confused in their own room instead of forcing their delusions onto the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
But there aren't and so we don't need those additional locker rooms. It's a give and take, here, 99+% give and 1% take. As a business owner (just a one women show) I can not afford three bathrooms. As soon as I hire someone, I need a separate bathroom by law and according to your idea, I would need a third one, too, to not be exclusive.

What if I wanted to include a shower, too? Or god knows the labor laws, at one point I need to integrate one? Now I need three showers. It's a lot of money to bring up for a non issue, for a small start-up it's near impossible.

The skin care plan I have to implement as soon as I hire someone already gives me the creeps. Lately I am more into laws and paragraphs than earning money. I had to put up signs for the emergency exit. There's only one exit and it's visible from everywhere except one spot. In that spot, I had to mount a sign with an arrow so in case there is an emergency and a clueless person stands behind that wall, they will find out of that two squaremeter place and find the exit.

With all these things in mind, some no doubt are useful...

If I ever hire someone, do you think I will pick the ones that know how to identify the correct toilet or not, besides their qualification?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: loueber

I wasnt born tall, or muscular, or good looking... but i exercise to build muscle to be muscular. I sometimes wear thicker shoes to make me an inch taller. i cut my hair and wear nice cloths to look more attractive and good looking . Since i wasnt BORN into those things, shall i be mistreated or hated for wanting and trying to BE those things now?

Yes but thats only redecorating/refreshing not a major construction job?

try this little trick next time you are anywhere around people. this is the cure for all those people that are racist , anti gay, anti trans etc etc person our there....next time you or any racist is in that situation do this:
Close your eyes!
100 % of racism, anti trans, etc etc, is all based on your vision!!!!!!! If you had no clue what a person looks like, then you would have no clue if that person was a male, female, black, white .... and it would not matter one bit.

Thats all very well and would work for colour/racism ....... but when a person

is blind they have to feel to acknowledge what is in front of them and the bits

on the sex's are I believe are different?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
More than two genders?
Maybe, but this person went from female to male.
In that sense it actually reinforces gender binaries.

But if you think about it, didn't bother the lads. Looks like a male. Although they don't shower there anyway. Think "he" was just waiting for a cubicle, head bent, playing with his phone.

Hasn't yet discovered the male joys and camaraderie of peeing upright, and having a good fart.

Ja, well, let me tell you a secret ... men are actually piggies.

And if you really want to be one of us, you better not be shy in that space.
edit on 3-10-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I get that a person who thinks they ought to be a sex that isn't the one they were physically born might feel uncomfortable if they can't be in the company of others of that sex. Do you know why? Because *I* feel uncomfortable in the company of someone who isn't the same sex as me too.

They can say they are mentally that sex all they want, but physically they aren't.

And if they feel that discomfort then what makes them think that their discomfort is more important to be alleviated than anyone else's such that the same discomfort they feel has to be foisted off on us, and we have to simply shut up about it?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Why no Trans Am?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It's trans PAM

Just do what s(he) does.

And if the plane really goes down - I guess we'll all be kissing the same ol' orifice goodbye.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Autobot or decepticon?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's entitlement and echo chambers, is the answer to your last paragraph.

You see, the crux here is, if you happen to be an outcast because of a homo-, bi- or transsexual way of living, these people tend to group. People that have something in common like to group / gather, it's only natural.

I know this because I visited homo- and bisexual round tables, we call them "stammtisch" here, a table that is reserved for example every first Saturday of a month, for a special group, in a restaurant or bar. It's such a grief-fest I stopped going there. There, you will find personalities of all kind, but mostly and that comes with the LGBTQ association, ultra progressive students. These students are spoiled back and front, never had to work physical. Just theory all the time. Entitlement towards "accepting" them in our society is strong. All the stuff that builds up over years like ridicule or hate towards them, piles up and vents there.

The reasoning behind their demand for accepting them as they are, is blinded by their grown hatred because of who they are and what they went through. They sort of radicalize, not everyone but a lot of them. Like I wrote, I stopped going there because of this and I was unhappy with the sudden influx of teenagers. This has been around 2015, I was 27 back then and not felt comfortable around that young people anymore. I could not connect to them on a mental layer.

When I first started visiting such round tables, I was 19 (over the age of consent) and it was very different back then. There wasn't this doctrine and you didn't see so much colorful, irritating or rebellious participants. Terms were not that important, everyone knew why they were there, to have some conversation and meet like minded people.

Today it's feels like a contest who is the most flashy, crazy person, you must politicize or go. I hope I could give you some insight in this closed world and the base reasoning that seems to float around.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

And that's all i got to say on that

top topics

<<   2 >>

join