It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Moranis a Target of the Knockout Game?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Look at the linked video and see what you think.

67-year-old Moranis was stepping out of his place on the Upper West Side when a passing stranger suddenly slugs him and knock him over. He ended up at the hospital for an evaluation with pain in his head, back and hip.

What’s the Knockout Game? Just what it sounds like. You find a target walking down the street, usually someone elderly and white, and you try to knock him or her out with a single punch. Maybe your friends are recording it, so they can post it to social media and the cops will have an easier time catching you. It’s considered funny, at least among scumbags who enjoy watching old people in pain. It’s committing hate crimes to entertain stupid cowards.

So since it's almost certain this random guy didn't know he was slugging Rick Moranis ... may not have any idea who Moranis is since he's been out of the public eye for so long, then is this an example of the knockout game, and Moranis just got unlucky?

I think it's terribly that someone could just walk up and hit someone so cavalierly and walk off like that, like they hadn't done anything to someone and just left them lying there on the sidewalk. But I guess that's New York.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you kidding me?
WTF
I hope they catch that scumbag and he gets time for assault etc.

Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Ghostbusters, the list goes on

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

That is pathetic attacking anyone like that is wrong when you do it to an elderly person it should be a much more harsh penalty.

I hope they find him and he pays the price of a hefty prison sentence and a very large fine. After he gets out on parole he has to find a real job and keep it to pay his restitution.

Hope rick is alright he is a tiny man to begin with. I always enjoyed him in the movies. Brings back memories from my youth.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I seem to remember this stupid "game" being a thing a few years ago , the internet is a great thing but it sometimes breeds idiots.

Sad for Rick Moranis but also the anonymous victims of such stupidity.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Zuul strikes back!

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah, it was enough of a thing a while back that it even got out into Missouri with a few instances popping up in Columbia of all places.

I don't know whether it died down or whether it just stopped being the thing to talk about.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Zuul strikes back!

Disgusting response but not surprised a liberal would find it funny that an innocent person got attacked by someone much larger than them

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I irony of the hoodie reading 'I love NY' as he lines up for the king hit is not lost on me.

What a #in asshole - simple. I hope they catch the c**t.

Glad Moranis is OK.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: underwerks
Zuul strikes back!

Disgusting response but not surprised a liberal would find it funny that an innocent person got attacked by someone much larger than them

What's the problem?
This is nothing but a disadvantaged individual taking out his frustration on the cause of his oppression.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If the point of the game is for your friends to record you then where are they? Lol. This was obviously a hate crime caused by the MSM constantly demonizing white men.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
“Feed Me Seymour!”

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Someone attacking Dark Helmet? Oh man, this planet has gone from suck to blow...

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

There was a show on TV years ago called Bully Beatdown.

They would put bullies in the cage with MMA fighters.

It should be something you can sentence someone to.
edit on 10 2 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I've always admired his personal life story.

Apparently he just came out of retirement to have a little fun, and then this; senseless, ridiculous and sad. I hope he recovers alright.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hope they catch him and give him a taste of his own meds

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I did not have that on my 2020 bingo card....

Thinking the ILNY sweater was just for the cameras, maybe dark humor, maybe to try to evade identification. Someone is going to know who this idiot is, I imagine and he/she will get turned in.

Someone who can feel ok about slugging some random person unsuspected, they should be put to some serious life retraining. Daily, physical retraining... with a bat.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is a Man who gave up a very lucrative acting career to care for his young children after his Wife died,

I feel for him, he's not the hollywood type, he's a god soul and he didn't deserve that in any way, shape, or form.

I hope the perp gets what's coming to him, damn,...

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Agreed.

Typical Hollywood would have handed the kids off to a nanny and then private schools and continued his career justifying it by saying the money was all "for them".

Instead he did the proper thing and was there for them as they needed him.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Such BS.

Rick has made it a mission to live quietly and discreetly, so much so that personally I thought he had passed a while back until I saw him in that commercial with Ryan Renolds. I'm sure I'm not alone.

If you can leave NYC, do it now. It just isn't worth your life to be in a disgusting sh#hole.

I bet Rick is probably weighing his options as we speak.

I would.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ye3s I remember his story very sad this happened to him...he is small so someone would pick him as a target.....hope his is ok

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
This is a Man who gave up a very lucrative acting career to care for his young children after his Wife died,

I feel for him, he's not the hollywood type, he's a god soul and he didn't deserve that in any way, shape, or form.

I hope the perp gets what's coming to him, damn,...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join