It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lydia" Groucho Marx's Tribute to Tattooed Women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
In the 1930s arguably the most popular comedy stars were the Marx Brothers. Their antics stretched the limits of movie censorship by employing at very subtle, and sometimes not, sexual innuendo.

In those days tattoos were primarily a pursuit of men and women did not get them much. Circus's and carnies on midways often had tattooed women on display as oddities. Here then is the most famous Marx brother singing and dancing his ode to his love, Lydia the Tattooed Lady.

Watch and have fun. As well listen closely to the lyrics as they are very nicely put together and if you listen well enough you can catch some of the innuendo and even compounded innuendo. Watch his famous eyebrows to accent many of those innuendos.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
they used to plays songs like this on dr demento!!!! brings back great memories!

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

I remember Dr. Demento. Late night listening . I felt so subversive.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

What a clickbait, I expected to see Lydia at least. But the lyrics are funny, I dig it.

Here where I live, tattoos are more accepted but women with tattoos are rare. I mean beyond the occasional star, bird or Chinese letters. Good tattoo artists are rare here, too, but now the good ones have time because a lot of people skip their appointments.

Got myself an appointment in November by someone who goes by the name translated "inkJet", incredible artist. Getting a redone of the colors after fifteen years and maybe some changes.

new topics

top topics

join