It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump and the First Lady have tested positive for Covid

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

while i do agree that being surrounded by water has helped us, you argument falls down because we are closer to Asia than you are. we stopped all international travel. that was really what helped that and to prove that point, the NSW government let a cruise ship dock and let people get off without quarantining and guess what happened. that led to an outbreak that killed people. which also let to QLD shutting down the boarder. So we have our geographical issues too. but again to prove you wrong Taiwan should have been over run with the virus but they weren't because they did the right things. masks, social distancing, contact tracing. Having mexico next to you is no excuse for implementing proper actions to slow the spread

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OzBoomer77

You are for a draconian rule. You can hide behind an obfuscation and distraction, but it's obvious that you prefer to live under a dictatorship than any other system.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

As if nobody seen this one coming or on the cards???

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

i live in a state that gets up to 105 with 90% humidity. lol it's a great story but you can actually lift the mask when walking to your car if no one is around you. lol i love these I almost passed out stories. australia is one of the hottest countries on the planet so yeh try again. it's not an excuse for not doing the right thing and honestly, i think you're full of s...

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

no understand that laws have reason and purpose, i don't agree with all of them and that's why i vote, so i do have a say in who makes those laws. do you vote? if you don't then you have no say

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

As if nobody seen this one coming or on the cards???

I'm glad to see some still have a sense of humor.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Trump mocks Biden for wearing a mask.

I love the smell of irony in the morning....

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

That was the first thing I did when I left the store,
I took off my mask and nearly passed out before I
got to my car! I have a witness to all of this as well.

Did I mention that I have asthma as well?

YOU will never get on my cookie list!
edit on 2-10-2020 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What has been seen ... cannot be unseen.

Forget injecting bleach. I need it for my brain.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You must not have asthma at all if you think it's full of sh!t.

I didn't realize how much of a difference a mask makes until I had to work out in one. Stuff that didn't bother my asthma previously had me wheezing in under 10 minutes with one on.

I've had to break out my inhaler and experiment with different masks to try and find one I can handle working out in.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

At least he's got pants on, i think.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

it has been advised and is a personal choice

I have no problem with that. It's about how I go about my day. If anyone mentions me needing a mask, I just say "medical exemption" and go about my business. They accept that, probably because I walk with a cane. People treat it like an advisory.

But it is also the law legal requirement that everyone wear masks inside buildings. Sure, I have a legitimate medical exemption... but I shouldn't need to tell people that to not wear a damn mask. It's a personal decision.

I have added a zinc supplement to my diet... just in case. My immunity is strong... probably strong enough to cure someone who is standing beside me! My legs are not strong any more. The legalities that are being forced on us here would hurt me more than they would help.

That's what we are griping about... not an advisory, an actual enforced (and illegally enacted) restriction. Just because you don't have such a legal requirement does not mean others do not.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

then asthma is the issue not the heat, or does the heat effect your asthma but again, you can take it off if you aren't around people and on top of that asthma is a respiratory issue, ya might want to not go outside too much with a pandemic running around...just a thought

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I am not sure which states have mandates over there but wearing a mask is a condition of entry not a legal requirement, the company has a legal right to refuse your entry based on a number of reasons and now wearing a mask is one. but as far as I know there has been no federal law here or there to wear a mask

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Can I have his cookie?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Our laws legal requirements are state, not Federal. Alabama still has their order in place until November 7th.

Some states, like New York, are threatening jail time. That would, incidentally, be in the exact same jails that violent criminals were released from because they might catch the virus in them. There have been arrests in several states, and fines in more.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OzBoomer77

then asthma is the issue not the heat, or does the heat effect your asthma but again, you can take it off if you aren't around people and on top of that asthma is a respiratory issue, ya might want to not go outside too much with a pandemic running around...just a thought

It's normally extremely mild, so mild it doesn't impact me unless I'm doing certain things like trying to run distance over the road or it runs into certain specific triggers like strong chemical fumes or wildfire smoke loaded with allergens or exertion in cold, dry air in the winter.

It doesn't even normally trigger with respiratory illness (not even if I happen to get mild brochitis), so I'm not even truly concerned about that. I might be as I get older, but right now I'm still in the under 50 cohort, at the proper weight, maintaining a good exercise regime (no thanks the mask overlords) and healthy.

I honestly didn't think the masks would bother it ... until I had to wear one to work out in and found out otherwise. Apparently rebreathing my own CO2 tends to trigger it like distance running would.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Yes, you may have his cookie.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

There are some localities that have decided they won't even allow for exemptions for disability too. I know there are some places down in the south of Kansas City that have decided that they won't allow for the hearing impaired exemption for example which is another one we sometimes need to use in our family.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I wonder how the MAGA campaign donors at $250,00 a ticket, that attended trumps campaign fundraiser bash at Bedminister NJ, Thursday nite are feeling? Betrayed perhaps?

www.nj.com...

I love American politics.

edit on 2-10-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join