It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump and the First Lady have tested positive for Covid

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have a cat as well and I haven't looked under my bed for
awhile either,too scary!
edit on 2-10-2020 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
The way the left has been celebrating this is disgusting.

You can argue the right would be doing the same thing if Biden got it.

But isn't the left supposed to be morally superior to the right?

They've been working overtime the last 4 years to prove they absolutely are NOT. This might be the capstone.

Sadly, I’m not surprised. It’s disgusting to think anyone would wish this on anyone else, let alone celebrate it.

It certainly doesn’t help with the divisiveness.

Among other things, anyone on the left celebrating this needs a refresher on the definition of hypocrisy.

I tend to think real moral fiber is beyond the grasp of many folks on both sides. Tribalism sucks.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

Sometimes I want to hide thinking about my 15 friends that have died.
Most of them were young, under 50.

I did some quick math and assuming you have 1,000 friends, your chances knowing 15 that died from COVID are about
one in ten million

or you are a complete liar just trying to spread fear.

15 friends does seem high but knowing of quite a few people does not. 4 people from the building I was working in passed away. My daughter knows of 2 relatives of her school friends, another daughter had a coworkers daughter pass. I do have 4 friends who had it. Sick as a dog for 2 weeks at the least, but recovered, one friends mother hospitalized for weeks and another friends wife hospitalized and on a respirator for a week.

Consider yourself lucky if you know of no one. It really isn't a joke or like the flu or a cold.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Not really.

There is a reason why they deal in percentages out here more than in hard numbers. When you break the percentages down into hard numbers, people start to feel like they're being scammed.

The county where my husband's job is has been under precautions for months because there is a meat-packing plant there. That jacked up the numbers, but when you break things down out of percentages, the case count is the only thing that seems high. Otherwise, you are talking a few dozen who went to the hospital and less than 5 out of those hundreds who have died.

In a county with a mid-sized city, you have to be unlucky to personally know one of those 5 fatalities in some way or you are playing the 5 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: M4ngo

All I know, as someone who used to be quite the progeny at hating others, is that holding onto hatred causes a wide range of physical ailments, ranging from ulcers to aneurysms. And, somehow, those ailments find themselves in the body of the haters, not the targets of the hate.

I get being angry at political figures. I was pretty angry at Obama at times. Never, though, did I wish him to die. I wished him to go away. He finally did, although it took 8 years that were very painful for me. Same with Hillary; yes, I think she is the most evil person on the planet... but I will not rejoice should she die. I will actually say a prayer for her. I disagreed with just about all of RBGs decisions, but when she died I did bow my head and say a prayer for her.

It's a new concept I call "being human."

I think we need more of that. A guy around here was recently diagnosed with having had a stroke he never knew he had had. He called a lifetime friend of his to talk, as he was a little worried and confused. As soon as he told his friend, his friend replied, "Well, we all have to die sometime." He wasn't even dying.

Now the President of the United States has been diagnosed as positive for a potentially deadly virus, one which almost killed the British Prime Minister, and the responses are actually joyful that he could die? And no matter what anyone says, yes, that's what we are seeing in this thread. Maybe not to the extent it is showing up on places like Twitter, but we are still seeing that. Anyone who can express joy at this situation then claim they are not drowning in a sea of endless hate is just fooling themselves. I can see them for what they are; I cannot see them for what they falsely claim to be.

The sad thing is, they are hurting themselves. That anger does not hurt Donald Trump... Donald Trump is beyond their power to hurt. Even if he were to leave the White House this afternoon, he would simply go back to MaraLago where he would live in abject luxury for the rest of his life, his every need and desire made into a reality for him, while he lounged by the pool with a supermodel for a wife. He'll never want for anything else in his life, and there's not one damn thing any one of us can do about that. What we can do, and what many are desperately trying to do, is shorten our own lifespan, increase our own pain in this life through ailments brought about by the continual stress of hatred, place our own economic well-being in jeopardy again, ensure that our health care will again become unaffordable, and let our very souls die and wither on the vine.

We also show our true colors to anyone watching. When Boris Johnson was diagnosed and hospitalized with the same virus, I bowed my head and said a prayer. Now, maybe he was a bad Prime Minister; I don't know as I don't live in nor do I wish to participate in the politics of, Britain. But I saw people actively celebrating his potential death, and that just made me consider Britain as a barbaric place I would never go to. I do not wish to have any association with anything British after watching that display of hate. As a country, Britain has lost all my respect. I wonder how many people across the world are watching this display of even worse behavior and making that same conclusion about the USA?

I would guess plenty. I wish there were some way I could convince them their perspective is wrong, that we are not all like that... but then, I'm not sure I can convince myself of that at the moment.

Perhaps the naysayers are right after all... maybe America was never really great. But I know this without a doubt: if it was never great, it was never great because of people like them. Nothing they say can ever change my mind on that; their own actions speak so loudly as to drown out their words. I certainly can never listen to those kind of people again... they have made their own opinions useless to those of us who choose not to hate. How does one overcome self-destruction of this magnitude?

May God find a way to show mercy on us.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

15 friends does seem high but knowing of quite a few people does not. 4 people from the building I was working in passed away. My daughter knows of 2 relatives of her school friends, another daughter had a coworkers daughter pass. I do have 4 friends who had it. Sick as a dog for 2 weeks at the least, but recovered, one friends mother hospitalized for weeks and another friends wife hospitalized and on a respirator for a week.

Consider yourself lucky if you know of no one. It really isn't a joke or like the flu or a cold.

So I work in a company of 1500 and no one even went to the hospital. We know no one among many friends and I have one kid in college and one in 12th grade with no stories of anyone dyeing...I live in Washington state too.

As I asked the other poster, were do you live? lol

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

The divisiveness that conservatives are always blamed for.......imagine that......

what is now the left is like being in an abusive relationship. Continual gaslighting, blaming, pointing fingers, getting violent when they dont get their way, and then acting like everyone else is the one doing it. The same MO of every abuser ever

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Gandalf77

The divisiveness that conservatives are always blamed for.......imagine that......

what is now the left is like being in an abusive relationship. Continual gaslighting, blaming, pointing fingers, getting violent when they dont get their way, and then acting like everyone else is the one doing it. The same MO of every abuser ever

By their very nature, divisiveness and tribalism have two sides—and neither one can claim innocence.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm in SE Michigan. I can't upload pictures or I would provide the daily graph. Currently there were 90 cases yesterday, one death in my county. Over 15,000 cases and 1000 deaths so far within my county. I can't say all of the people I know are in the same county. All within the same region except the friend with the wife who was on a ventilator. They are in Kentucky.

I will say they do seem to have a better knowledge of how to treat COVID when people are hospitalized which of course will lead to better outcomes now. At first it was all too new and very different than other viruses.

It's not that hard to know people. Some wealthy teen had a bonfire while showing symptoms and about 30 people there became infected.

These current numbers are with strict precautions in the state as we all know.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

Sometimes I want to hide thinking about my 15 friends that have died.
Most of them were young, under 50.

I did some quick math and assuming you have 1,000 friends, your chances knowing 15 that died from COVID are about
one in ten million

or you are a complete liar just trying to spread fear.

I wish I was lying

I am a military brat, (lived all over the world) I went to a couple different colleges and moved all over for work.
I know a lot more than 1000 people.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Daughter2

An abnormally large number of friends, friends with really bad comorbidities, lots of really elderly friends, friends in places like Wuhan, Italy, Mexico, Iran, others with sky-high death tolls, or hit a prime genetic cluster in her friends (family in Jersey that was nearly wiped out comes to mind), won the odds lottery in a bad way ...

Yes I do have an above average number of friends because I have moved so much.
I'm friends with a lot of people in cities, Seattle, Chicago, New York and a family in Atlanta that took 3 lives.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I mean think about it. So far, it had avoided all associations with Trump, and now it's confirmed. COVID and Trump are tied together.

But I'm sure you appreciate the irony....trump the no mask man for his staff and inner circle, now wanting people to wear masks in the WH.

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Covid19 is not a very efficient killer. Even those age 70 and above only have a 5% chance of dying if they contracted it.

As is always the case, the media and timid people blow things way out of proportion.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

So the county I live in is highly populous seeing as how we're the north side of Kansas City.

There have been 40 total deaths in this county breaking out to 8/100,000 people.

You are far more likely to know someone who came down with it, but the closest it has come so far to us is one person tested positive and part of our training cohort had to undergo Zoom training for a couple weeks at martial arts classes.

I've had a couple of relatives get it, and they got over it just as quickly.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

a reply to: JAGStorm

It helps ... make you feel better about the big, scary, germy world.

Yep, and Pence wears a mask about as much as Trump.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: litterbaux
a reply to: DBCowboy

I also noticed the vitriol from then general twitter populace. What a disgrace. If my party of choice acted like that I'd certainly reevaluate where the morals of my people are. I'm not saying Biden is bad or the democrats are bad but the people that gravitate towards that party are very detrimental to the cause. But you know the old saying "when in Rome" and "misery loves company".

Sad state of affairs.

I have republican friends that literally prayed for hillary's death when she was running.
Are you part of that party?

Should you leave the party because some of the members are dumb?
Should a person be judged for the actions of strangers?

I've got hard right Conservative friends and never once did any of them ever wish for Hillary's death. You need new friends.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't wish illness or death on anyone, even a despicable human being like Trump.

If there's a silver lining to this, maybe his cult will realize the virus is real and not a hoax, and that not wearing masks in public can have consequences. It's been noted that Trump's family at the debate removed their mask after they sat down

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Of all the useful idiots they left have, and they got Michael Moore spouting a conspiracy that its fake?

I didn't think liberals believed in many CTs these days, guess I'm wrong

I hope they get well soon!

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
President Trump's doctor just stated what medications he is taking now. Zinc.. vitamin D, and some other things.
edit on 10/2/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde

If there's a silver lining to this, maybe his cult will realize the virus is real and not a hoax

It is my wish that one day the actual facts and full context will sink in and someone on the left will stop regurgitating bullsh!t MSM lies.
A lofty dream I confess.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join