It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton got the smackdown....LOL!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Just seeing the judge denied the motion Bolton brought to have the DOJ drop their case against him for disclosures in his book.

He is totally screwed.

www.nbcnews.com...

A federal judge on Thursday denied former Trump national security adviser John Bolton's effort to get the government's lawsuit over his book dismissed.

That allows the Justice Department to proceed in its effort to seize his profits from the book, "The Room Where it Happened," a harsh condemnation of the Trump White House and its handling of foreign policy.

Federal District Court Judge Royce Lamberth said the government "alleges sufficient facts to support its claim" that Bolton violated his obligations to get written permission to proceed with publication after the book was reviewed to remove any classified information. The judge found the government has a sufficiently strong case to move on to the next step.

He is going to likely end up paying much more than he made. And if the disclosures were illegal then he is in for quite a bit more trouble.
edit on 10/1/20 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And all he had to do is play by the rules. the same rules that have been there for much more than 4 years.
edit on 1-10-2020 by network dude because: where the hell is my beer?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

No doubt the giddy leftists were cheering him and pushing him on to get his dribble published ASAP only for the fact it said something negative about Trump. Guess Bolton will learn the hard way.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Never liked that guy.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Never liked that guy.

Nobody did until he had dirt on Trump to offer. then the left would fluff his pillow.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yeah, even the hard righties reviled at his mention. The worst war hawk in politics.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hopefully that wipes the smugness off his face for a while.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I have to believe that Trump had some reason to bring him in. he has done some dumb things, but this one seemed calculated. Just glad he's gone.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Warpig gets exactly zero sympathy and lots of laughs from me. I hope the government make lots of cash from the proceeds of his triggered writings of a globalists' utopia and that good ol chestnut of why Trump is infinitely worse than Hitler.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: network dude

Yeah, even the hard righties reviled at his mention. The worst war hawk in politics.

Absolutely.

I personally took offense to the fact he wanted to quarterback a war with Iran. Never mind the fact it isn't our problem, and regionally they have two stronger adversaries they'd have to square up with first. He wanted to send our young men and spend our money on tripling down on a failed initiative in that God forsaken patch of desert.

He was willing to tie up our resources when it would behoove us more to stay strong in case China started getting out of check, who actually could be a threat if they already aren't.

Good riddance Bolton. Have fun on your shi**y book tours with your coffee cup out begging for liberal money. Because let's be honest, they're the only one's that are happy about your piece at the moment because it fits their agenda. What an utter cuck, the worst kind of neocon doing a dance for his "opposition". Bye bye now, have fun giving them mustache rides.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Never liked that guy.

Nobody did until he had dirt on Trump to offer. then the left would fluff his pillow.

Fluffers for sure

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If there is classified material in his book, no matter if it is a threat or not, they should charge him with Treason...they do when someone leaves out classified stuff on a Democrat president.

Whistleblower myass. Trump spanked him and he squealed like a pig.

edit on 1-10-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I have to believe that Trump had some reason to bring him in. he has done some dumb things, but this one seemed calculated. Just glad he's gone.

Bolton could have easily piled on with the anti trumper's who accused the president of bad-mouthing brave soldiers.

But he did not. In fact, he said he was on the airplane with the president and the president had nothing but good things to say about the troops who died in battle.

Contrast that with video of Joe Biden calling our brave men and women in uniform stupid bastards...and dull.

If if video surfaced last month of President Trump saying that, even as a joke, he would have been impeached and removed by now.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Next up: Brennan.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Bolton could have easily piled on with the anti trumper's who accused the president of bad-mouthing brave soldiers.

But he did not. In fact, he said he was on the airplane with the president and the president had nothing but good things to say about the troops who died in battle.

Contrast that with video of Joe Biden calling our brave men and women in uniform stupid bastards...and dull.

If if video surfaced last month of President Trump saying that, even as a joke, he would have been impeached and removed by now.

I despise Bolton. I think he is a terrible human being and can't for the life of me understand why Trump hired him. A bad, bad call.

But credit where credit is due. He backed up what POTUS and others said really happened and that he didn't badmouth the troops, but in fact said only good things about them. He would've been the darling of CNN/MSNBC/Politico for weeks and made a lot of money had he said the "anonymous sources" were right.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Somebody needs to be made an example of. There has been too much flouting of the law when it comes to running to the media and publishers to relay classified information.

No one deserves to be in jail more than Bolton.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Bolton fell for the rope a dope program.

I'm sure there are some leftists out there
that are laughing their carcasses off.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
LEAVE BOLTON ALONE!
He's a HUMAN!

RADIO EDIT
edit on 1-10-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Am so glad Bolton didn't get his

other people ... not so much so. LOL

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I hope the government win his moustache as well as his money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join