It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What great things has Donald Trump done as President? -- Sources Required

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
As the title says, I am opening the floor for an honest, sourced list of all of the great things Donald Trump has done to earn your vote for another term? Since the overwhelming majority here on ATS these days seem to be Trump supporters, this should be easy, right?

The only rule is you have to have a credible source (something besides a Twitter post from a guy with "patriot" and a bunch of American flags in his bio) and you can't use logical fallacy ("well Joe Biden is old and I hate liberals and ANTIFA blah blah).

You have to give me honest to goodness net positive things that Trump has done during his 3+ years as President of this great nation and you have to have at least one or more credible sources to play along, please.

Before you go piling on, I'm not a liberal, democrat, republican, etc. I'd probably best describe myself as a mostly conservative Libertarian. I try to vote for the lesser of two evils every election, regardless of parties, as there are no perfect candidates. I was not happy with either candidate in the 2016 election - although I was secretly curious about what would happen if some random outsider just suddenly became President. I was rooting for Trump to do well after he got elected and genuinely tried to have an open mind. Definitely not an Orange Man Bad guy, but I haven't drank the Kool-Aid either. Unless I'm completely missing something, I'm just not convinced at this point though. Change my mind?

So what say you, ATS. Sell me on Donald Trump - why should I vote for him in 2020?
edit on 10/1/20 by JusticeIsComing because: Title formatting

+30 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JusticeIsComing

not gotten the US into any new wars. I'm sorry, my only reference is reality.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Dig in...

www.frcaction.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Dig in...

www.frcaction.org...

Which of those things were most important to you?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Dropped a lot of bombs

www.jacobinmag.com...

Trump has dropped more bombs and missiles than George W. Bush or Barack Obama did in their first terms, and there are still roughly as many US bases and troops overseas as when he was elected.

www.afcent.af.mil...

More than Bush or Obama

Assassinated a foreign government official in a another foreign nation.

Stuffed the cabinet full of corporate insiders and lobbyists

Repealed net neutrality

A few off the top of my head.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Pissed off liberals. Sources? Every single cover story of CNN the past 3 years.

+3 more 
link   
Pissed off liberals.

Source:
www.google.com...

+15 more 
link   
Hello.

I won’t list a bunch off or give you some list with a link, rather I’ll focus on one that I think deserves merit as I go along, with some extensive research.

HBCUs (Historically Black College Universities) for a long time were used as a bargaining chip in Senate funding bills that would determine whether they get a raise, nothing or a decrease. Under President Trump, who pushed for a bipartisan bill, the result is the “Futures ACT”. This meant that no longer will they be used as a point of leverage, rather, cement funding permanently for HBCUs.

In fact, prior before this historic passage, no less then 30 days after President Trumps inauguration, he signed an EO, “The White House Initiative to Promote Excellence and Innovation at Historically Black Colleges and Universities.” that sought to empower HBCUs.

The results are as mention,

President Trump has given more money to HBCUs than any other president in history for both undergraduate and graduate studies. Federal funding for HBCUs is up 17% under the Trump administration with an increase of more than $100 million, which surpassed the previous record set by President Obama amid the first black president’s tenuous and love-hate relationship with HBCUs.

In March 2018, the Trump administration provided financial relief to HBCUs impacted by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita that struck the Gulf Coast in 2005. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos issued full forgiveness of loans in the amount of $322 million to Dillard University, Southern University at New Orleans, Tougaloo College, and Xavier University of Louisiana under the HBCU Hurricane Supplemental Loan program. The monies saved can be repurposed to provide tuition assistance and expansion of curriculum, where feasible.

To comply with President Trump’s executive order for more strategic partnership investments in HBCUs, Congress has drafted the HBCU PARTNERS Act (Propelling Agency Relationships Towards a New Era of Results for Students). HBCUs are in 19 states which gives those academic institutions greater access to compete for more than $52 billion in state-based federal agency research and development investments.

This accomplishment is historic as typically HBCUs were always overlooked and pushed aside, they didn’t get the respect an funding needed to help disenfranchised young Americans from attaining a good education because the facilities are need of REAL funding.
Will this change your mind? Probably not, but it’s meant to illustrate a promise made and kept, resulting in a Bi-partisan bill. Any notion that the President is a racist is blatantly false and should show that he is a President looking to break the political road blocks to get policy and legislation done.
As you, I and we know, the Executive isn’t a dictatorship, thus we have to work within the system. This is Trump, whatever it takes. If anything, this should convince you, to ability to break political road blocks and introduce Change.

Source: www.blackenterprise.com...

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

the one thing that makes him better than all the previous POTUS combined before him for the last 4 decades is exposing the people to the fact that the MSM cant be trusted . source trump saying fake news every chance he gets

it's not much but the previous POTUS before him have set the bar so low and did more damage than trump could ever do by playing along with the MSM and their corporate oligarch narrative.

now dont get me wrong i didnt vote for trump nor am i sold that we arent just getting a different puppet master , but getting people to focus on the fake news is an important step .

secondly he has exposed republicans (which im not one ) to the fact the republican party is just as bad as the corporate controlled democrat party. source the fact that republicans are calling out neocons like mcstain and romnuts along with the bush as neocons.

thirdly , exposing china for the threat they are.
edit on 531031America/ChicagoThu, 01 Oct 2020 13:53:54 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Trump would have got lots more done if the Democrats and MSM were not attacking everything he says or tries to do. Right now I have been thinking that the Democrats would destroy our country to get Trump out of office, Pelosi is trying to make Trump look bad with her way out of reasonable stimulus package, they will hurt all Americans just to make themselves look good. She is not negotiating at all, yet she says she is negotiating. We cannot put that extra unnecessary debt onto our kids and grandkids, The Dems are unreasonable, they seem to be willing to hurt everyone, no matter what color or sex, just to gain political power.

So, Trump has accomplished something, but has not replaced the Obamacare yet, something I originally was a step in the right direction, but now I feel Obama sold us out to the medical industry. Obama should not have had so many medical industry professional trixter salesmen set up Obamacare, that is like having the person you are buying a car from filling in the amount of the blank check after you drive away with the car.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

He invented a new word.
www.urbandictionary.com...

Pure genius.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Manufacturing jobs due to less government interference

www.google.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Multiple leave deals like this one

www.google.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well for one the Prison reform act signed bt trump was long overdue.

www.nbcnews.com... /nightly-news/video/trump-rolls-out-most-sweeping-prison-reform-agreement-in-decades-1370792515523

Low unemployment specifically minority unemployment.

www.washingtontimes.com...

and here is a great recent article about just this topic and his failures.

www.businessinsider.com...

Heres hoping some of these resonate with you and you do vote for him, even though in Illi oh no it's likely to get swamped with old time Chicago politics

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Donald Trump has been the biggest agent of change in my life time.

source

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Tax cuts and the source is your paycheck. Removed the individual mandate from ObamaCare, again check your paystub, lowered energy costs, again check your finances. Notice a trend here of helping the average American? Now let’s see a list of Biden accomplishments for comparison.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I haven't seen this resource shared yet: www.promiseskept.com...

However, I still don't see smaller government or lowering national debt (it has gone significantly up), which are 2 of my biggest issues.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Myself, I have had to pay more in taxes due to the lack of a tax write off on real estate. However that doesn't really bother me as I always thought that was more for the benefit of elites that held millions in property and would essentially make it so they would pay no or little taxes at all - which is wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Do you have an idea how long it would take any of us to document the hundreds of President Trump accomplishments?

It is best to Simply give people this link and let them see it with their own eyes.

promiseskept.com...#

Some are surprised.

Some don't care.

The really dense and hopeless do not believe it, even though they've been wide awake (not comatose) the past four years.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Good thing you’re asking people not voting for Biden for sources. Because when you ask anti-Trump folks here to list just one single example of how Trump has said or been a fascist, or dictator, or racist or granny killer and every other thing they shout around, they don’t even give a single example, much less a source, much less a source with stipulations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join