It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Trump such a threat to our Democracy in 2016?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Droogie
a reply to: network dude

Sorry, I edited my own response in the mean time - ignore the edits.

I totally agree with what you're saying, people can be wonderful. I don't jugde it by personalities. But I think the foundation and structure of your country has gone awry.

Luckily we still have out Constitution to guide us and as long as I am alive, I'll do everything I can to protect it.
Not sure if you have ever heard this, but it's worth a listen. The Artist died this year. he was a true American in every sense of the word.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: JIMC5499

Of course not.

You guys inhabit a reality manufactured by Republican propagandists where the litmus test for something being true is that it’s opposite of what the mainstream media says.

And that’s the entirety of it.

I have been a member of this board for over 11 years.I have learned to never trust any
news source without doing research first.Main stream media is a propaganda platform
for the democratic party! I am not the one living in a manufactured reality,I don't waste
time listening to MSM.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Outsourcing jobs in US started during Reagan´s rule, but you should not blaime republicans for that as it happened all over the world not just US. Outsourcing jobs has been going on for 4 decades globally ( excluding China, India , Japan etc cheap countries at the time and so on), culprits are both of the parties as it goes on and on

Problem is those countries are cheap, there are a lot of cheap work force, quality suffers tho. Trump has been trying to fight it and imho every other countries should too.

We are letting China and India to rule markets, US can´t fight it alone EU should do the same but hey, EU is too democrat to do it and is too blind to even see it. That is why we in EU need Trump Politics and example.

edit on 1-10-2020 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Trump is a threat to our democracy (republic, really), but then you have some clown on MSNBC who's advocating a "bipartisan" commission to vet potential candidates. You know, to save us from any more Trumps.

MSNBC’s resident “legal” expert who served under James Comey as Assistant Director of Counterintelligence, Frank Figliuzzi, went on Stephanie Ruhle’s show today to spout one of the more insane ideas I’ve heard in regards to reforming elections. According to Figliuzzi, what we really need is a commission of elites to pick our candidates for us. That way we don’t make the “wrong” decision.

So basically, you can't just meet the requirements in the COTUS and run. You also have to pass the unelected blue ribbon elitist panel too for their approval before we plebes can be allowed to hold our noses and vote on you.

Ruhle would go on to not even blink at the suggestion that an un-elected, hand-picked commission be used to essentially weed through the objectionable candidates that MSNBC and the like wouldn’t approve of. You know what that sounds like? It sounds an awful lot like the “end of democracy” the media keep crowing about. Who are the real authoritarians here?

But really ... who is a danger to our republic after all? A candidate like Trump or those who would openly rig the system so that only those they choose can ever be put forward to run in the first place?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Trump replaced a "clear and present danger"

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

He threw a giant monkey wrench into the plan to " fundamentally transform America."

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

You just changed the topic didn't you. We were talking about Trump and his poor display during that debate, not the rioters

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

As you wish to see it Mr. Flux. Thing is though, Trump shows no respect to ANYONE if they don't place him at the top of their hierarchy. Trump did not need to respect Biden. He needed to respect the American people who tuned into that debate. He needed to respect the agreed upon rules and decorum of the debate that his campaign signed off on. He offered no respect to anyone in that debate. Can you not see that? If he was not going to respect Biden, or the moderator or the agreed upon rules why did he even bother to show up at all.

In the context of you throwing respect around.

I posted this in the context of respect set by you...

No really. The elite politicians and those sacking and torching cities stop showing respect to me long ago.

And

So I guess you like the soft tyranny of getting her hair done Pelosi and her ice cream collection. With the attitude of let them eat Ice cream while the working person was under the strain of the COVID-19 lockdowns just trying to find toilet paper.

At least Trump is transparent.

————————-

So which is it? Trump showed no respect? Or poor debate performance?

I think Joe was supposed to be the dominant one. (Then the media would be like. “Biden the alpha male.”) But Trump did what Biden was set out to do. So now “orange man bad.”

I think Biden could have played the underdog card, but he lied too damn much.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So which is it? Trump showed no respect? Or poor debate performance?

Actually, both. He defiantly had a poor debate performance
Why do I think he had a poor debate performance?
Because he came out to aggressively . He wanted to swing for a homer rather than taking bunts and singles. He wanted a knockout punch rather than jabs.

In doing that he constantly talked over Biden. Constantly. And what would Biden do a lot of that time when Trump was over talking him? He would stand there and roll his eyes. He would outright laugh at what Trump was saying, He would smirk while Trump,oblivious to how he was being played rambled on and on. Biden would listen to him and find something Trump had just said and toss in a rejoinder . So while Trump was looking for a knockout punch, Biden was quite happy with lots of jabs to the body and face. Jabbing. Now and then he would swing a heavy one like calling him a clown. Like playing him like a rambling idiot when he gave him that bell ringer of ''will you shut up man''.

No, Trump showed no respect for either Biden or more importantly, the rules of the debate that he had agreed to. So both, he showed no respect and in that gambit set himself up for the loss he took. It's all on him right there, not Biden or Wallace but Trump. He did it to himself. But he couldn't see it as his fault. It was all, they ganged up on me. Poor Trump, victim Trump.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I agree that he would be a President that could not be bought scared them. Also I think he knows some secrets.. Also I think that he would unravel that the Dems are in cahoots with communist nations to destroy America and rebuild it into a communist country.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: mamabeth

Because he couldn't be bought out or blackmailed
and he wasn't a professional politician.

I believe that, but what is going on that makes it so you have to control everyone in high places? There is something happening that makes all this necessary.

Because what Trump wants is not best for the country or the vast majority of it's citizens. it's is best for his associates and really no one else.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

He was a threat to the deep state. An outsider too belligerent to be bullied and more concerned about his own image than letting them create one for him. And he may have been a philanderer but he wasn't a sick freak like the last few doozies.
edit on 3-10-2020 by Dutchowl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why?

Because the left doesn't want a democracy, they don't want a republic.

they want China.

They have no regard for the Bill of Rights, they show a complete disregard or ignorance to the Constitution.

The left never talks of freedom or liberty.

They talk of rights only in a right to an income, a right to obligate people to take care of them.

Look at the social media giants mimicking China.

The left hates America as it is and wants it to be China.

no the left liked america like it was you guys elected trump to change it....how do you like it so far...
great anough for you...this is what trump made with america...a # home country with an std

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
I agree that he would be a President that could not be bought scared them. Also I think he knows some secrets.. Also I think that he would unravel that the Dems are in cahoots with communist nations to destroy America and rebuild it into a communist country.

lol the russian already own him...

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The fact that he comes from a enterainment, and entrepreneurial back ground instead of political, and actually succeeded, is like seeing Arnold Schwarneggar being president infront of Stallones eye.

Rambo would be scared for his countries future too and you couldnt hit Rocky enough times ether knock it out his skull.
edit on 3-10-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: mamabeth

Because he couldn't be bought out or blackmailed
and he wasn't a professional politician.

I believe that, but what is going on that makes it so you have to control everyone in high places? There is something happening that makes all this necessary.

Because what Trump wants is not best for the country or the vast majority of it's citizens. it's is best for his associates and really no one else.

could you explain what Trump wants please?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join