It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Trump such a threat to our Democracy in 2016?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The China US trade wars so far hasn't done any good. But let's wait and see how things develop with that covid # that messed things up too a lot.

And there are more solutions than just force. He could've offered to start a dialogue, investigations, reforms, a task group....
He just fueled the fire.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

The China US trade wars so far hasn't done any good. But let's wait and see how things develop with that covid # that messed things up too a lot.

And there are more solutions than just force. He could've offered to start a dialogue, investigations, reforms, a task group....
He just fueled the fire.

He's pissed that he can't do what I suggested. I firmly believe he would send in the military, guns blazing if he could. Of course if that happened, the haters would say "see, he's a dictator!" which is why he can't win, but another thread of it's own.

These cities have the means to fix this. But as you remember, their decision was to vilify the police, and not prosecute the criminals. The fix seems rather easy from this angle, but it requires to be honest about who the criminals are, and admit that BLM might be somewhat of a problem. But with how deeply they are imbedded with the left, I don't see that taking place.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I have to disagree with that. I've seen a lot of companies that were bringing back capabilities that were sent to China. There were problems with getting parts and qualified people. It was just ramping up when we caught the double wammy called COVID. I call it a double, because I believe that COVID was a deliberate attack. It wasn't so much to kill people as it was to damage the world economy. Then we had the 15 day shutdown that has lasted over six months and still isn't completely over. That killed almost any progress that was being made.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Why was Trump such a threat to our Democracy in 2016?

Why?

Because the left doesn't want a democracy, they don't want a republic.

they want China.

They have no regard for the Bill of Rights, they show a complete disregard or ignorance to the Constitution.

The left never talks of freedom or liberty.

They talk of rights only in a right to an income, a right to obligate people to take care of them.

Look at the social media giants mimicking China.

The left hates America as it is and wants it to be China.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
In the real reality that the Leftist trolls in this thread are so far removed from, the real threat to our democracy is the Democrats.
When Trump wins, it will be 4 more years of derangement from them.
It’s going to be glorious watching them having the meltdowns.
They spew so much crap, you would think they sewed their assholes shut.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
because the dems left the door open for Hillary and Trump walked in.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I don't look forward to that. I wish we could come together and get things done. We have a better opportunity than we have ever had to make positive change. I'd like to see the country better for everyone. But for some reason, riots and burning seems to be the direction a large portion wish for the future.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: baddmove

Why would the Dems try so hard from "day One" to keep trump from trying to accomplish anything?

Why wouldn’t they? Are you new to politics? That’s the name of the game for both sides, has been for years. The real question is why on earth would you expect Donald Trump to just be given leeway to enact whatever policies he wants? When that’s never happened in the history of America?

Try answering the question for once and not make some BS up for once...

What other response would you expect to such an asinine question like the one the OP titled the thread with? A little reality never hurt anyone. Well, except for you and the OP.

If I could give you a million stars I would. Trump supporters just don't understand. Mitch McConnell did everything in his power to block president Obama. Including preventing him from filling court picks.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: walkinghomer

Yes, they had control of the Senate. tell me, if Obama had the Senate, would he have pushed Garland through, or would he have listened to Mitch and suffered that loss? be honest.

eta: who was it that changed the vote total for a SCOTUS seat to a simple majority?
edit on 1-10-2020 by network dude because: where the hell is my beer?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Yes, they had control of the Senate. tell me, if Obama had the Senate, would he have pushed Garland through, or would he have listened to Mitch and suffered that loss? be honest.

eta: who was it that changed the vote total for a SCOTUS seat to a simple majority?

I'm not even talking about the SCOTUS because I do believe the Dems would have pushed Garland through if they had it. I'm talking about lower court judges. Trump even bragged out it in the "debate". Obama became relativity ineffective due to Mitch blocking everything he did once they took the senate in 2010. Obama was able to save the economy and implement Obamacare during his first two year with both congress and senate. Trump had the house and senate and the only thing he could do is try and eliminate Obamacare and gave a huge tax cut to the rich. Now that the dems have the house, they're doing the same thing to trump what they did to Obama. All POLITICS!

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: walkinghomer
If I could give you a million stars I would. Trump supporters just don't understand. Mitch McConnell did everything in his power to block president Obama. Including preventing him from filling court picks.

First. When he took office Obama had a Democrat majority in the House and Senate and didn't do anything with it.

Second. Pelosi started blocking Trump before he was even sworn in. I believe "We're going to impeach him." is an exact quote from November 2016 before Trump was even sworn in.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Because orange man bad, duh.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: walkinghomer

originally posted by: network dude

I'm not even talking about the SCOTUS because I do believe the Dems would have pushed Garland through if they had it. I'm talking about lower court judges. Trump even bragged out it in the "debate". Obama became relativity ineffective due to Mitch blocking everything he did once they took the senate in 2010. Obama was able to save the economy and implement Obamacare during his first two year with both congress and senate. Trump had the house and senate and the only thing he could do is try and eliminate Obamacare and gave a huge tax cut to the rich. Now that the dems have the house, they're doing the same thing to trump what they did to Obama. All POLITICS!

I'd ask that you re-read your post, review history, then reflect on the two.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
To be honest; the U.S. is quite F'ed with or without Trump, and has been for quite a few years. Trump or not. And not to mention any other country that's consuming your news and culture. If what you have to choose between is basically two corrupt and stupid rich pensioners, one battling dementia and another his own narcissism, does it matter who wins?

It's stupefying how much other countries alligned with the U.S. adopts your national/international policies, or otherwise crap culture that's being force-fed through the television and every other media. At some point, some very few enlightened people will realize; holy god, we are soooo screwed because we put so much stock into what those crazies were saying. Better pack it up and leave, dudes.

In fact - if you've seen Monty Python's Holy Grail - they mention travelling to Camelot? King Arthur, after some deliberation, says: "In fact, let's not go to Camelot. It's a silly place." That's you America, that is you.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Droogie

that's a fair assessment. So we won't be setting you a plate for dinner?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Would love to come to your house for dinner, probably not at 99% of the other houses.

Although, I do believe there is a large chance of the uncovering of an immense international pedo ring. But don't think it can
be attributed to Trump.
edit on 1/10/20 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It's pretty simple. Trump ran with the billionaire crowd. He doesn't drink and doesn't do drugs and was therefore it was probably almost impossible to blackmail him into doing what "they" wanted. And to add insult to injury he was a democrat and switched sides. To a fervent democrat there is nothing worse - it is similar to a devout muslim hearing his children are converting to hinduism.

The funny part is Trump is pretty much advocating policy wise what any democrat would have lauded 30 or 40 years ago.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Droogie

Would love to come to your house for dinner, probably not at 99% of the other houses.

you would be welcome. But in all honesty, you should check out America before you write it off completely. Only a few cities are burning, and they seem to like it.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

and he seems to be open to just about anyone with an idea. He listened to some nutty Kardashian and made a solid political move. Whodathunkit.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Sorry, I edited my own response in the mean time - ignore the edits.

I totally agree with what you're saying, people can be wonderful. I don't jugde it by personalities. But I think the foundation and structure of your country has gone awry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join