It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyclist suspended from team because of a one word tweet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

He may be... but I think he got railroaded.

Every road cyclist at the level might as well be riding for WalGreens, CVS, and Pharma companies. You can't compete at that level without doping of some kind.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Every road cyclist at the level might as well be riding for WalGreens, CVS, and Pharma companies. You can't compete at that level without doping of some kind.

Well, he talked a good game, but then got caught..I hear ya though, doping is a huge problem. I don't doubt the majority have done it at some point. You have to wonder how much time and effort invested to get by drug tests.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Edumakated

Well, he talked a good game, but then got caught..I hear ya though, doping is a huge problem. I don't doubt the majority have done it at some point. You have to wonder how much time and effort invested to get by drug tests.

He definitely seemed like an arrogant a'hole. But most people who win at that level and that many times are... you almost have to be. It seemed like a witch hunt to me. EVERYONE was doping. I don't get why it is necessary to act like the sport at that level is all pure. It isn't. Just accept it and move on.

The reality is that some sports like running and cycling is that talent alone can only take you so far. These sports aren't like say baseball where no matter how much juice you take, you still need the skill to hit the ball.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Sounds to me that they are trying to suppress freedom of speech as to political choice. The person who tweeted the original crap had a right to make a statement

They are past that point now, its if you speak you will
lose your job. Next up? Firing sqauds, apparently.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The PRC does the exact same thing to people in China. The left is a spitting image of that.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
As ALWAYS.

I expect there is more to the story.

This

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Isn't it more likely that they simply had a clause that restricted their social media use, which they broke?

That would be something enforced by a capitalist company, not a communist government.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The dozen or so folks i know who either know him or have had to deal with him describe him pretty unfavorably

I have heard he's a bit of a dick.

He has money and some influence. That is the only reason anyone deals with him.

most wealthy people, or folks with an audience already, are jerks. Dealing with the Instagram influencer freeloaders is a good example.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I can't say I am terrified of being beat up. I am more terrified some lefty loony will try and attack me, and I will be forced to defend myself. I don't have bloodlust, would rather not kill someone. If someone attacks me, they put me in a them or me situation, and it's easy who I choose. If someone is deranged enough to attack me for an opinion or politic, they just might be deranged enough to cripple or kill me for the same. That they are not, is not a chance I am willing to take.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
These progressives are real sickos. They have a searing hatred for all things American, and will literally and factually stop at nothing to ruin what we've built together.

Very sick and hateful individuals. I truly hope the people in their lives, their employers, their friends and their communities know the types of sociopathic haters they have in their midst.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They should slow down in time when they approach or they will miss it. It's that tiny.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
19 years old riding at that level, yea I would expect him to be a dick.

If those few simple tweets are damaging people then we are far worse off than I feared.

made statements online that we feel are divisive, incendiary, and detrimental to the team, professional cycling, its fans, and the positive future we hope to help create for the sport,”

lets review he said Bye with a hand wave emoji.. was called a trumper and said thats right with an american flag... oh the horror.
edit on 3-10-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Surely Hilary would have kept him in the cycle team and just had him mysteriously run over

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
How about they suspend or fire the mouthbreathing hysterical unhinged lefty who spewed lies & hatred for our President?

Saying "bye" is worse than that? Just like that teacher who was fired a few months back, they are targeted for supporting Trump.

I SUPPORT TRUMP. I HATE THE MOB. And I'd say how I truly felt but it wouldn't go well, for them. Suffice it to say if the entire mob dropped dead tomorrow I would toast over them. Disgusting, terrible, horrible, aweful, evil, godless, souless monsters.

HINO's
edit on 10/3/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
How about they suspend or fire the mouthbreathing hysterical unhinged lefty who spewed lies & hatred for our President?

Who on the race team did that?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The person he was replying to in the first place, who he said "bye" to

Wasn't she on the team? Or am I mistaken?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The person he was replying to in the first place, who he said "bye" to

Wasn't she on the team? Or am I mistaken?

It was directed at a Dutch journalist, it's in the Original Post.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Ah, my mistake

Even more ridiculous then, wonder how many of those other cyclists post anti-Trump things?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Even more ridiculous then, wonder how many of those other cyclists post anti-Trump things?

Does it matter? It's f****** Luxembourg for Christ's sake. Who cares what they do.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

True

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join