It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The clear winner: Libertarian candidate Jo Jorgensen's website crashed during the debate.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Google Searches For Libertarian Party Candidate Jo Jorgensen Spiked During The Debate.

Google searches for third party candidate Jo Jorgensen spiked during Tuesday night’s presidential debate despite Jorgensen not being on stage.

Google trends showed that searches for Jorgensen’s name increased rapidly during the debate, peaking after the debate was over at 10:48 PM.

Searches began to increase sh0rtly before 9:00 when the debate began and dropped back down again after its peak.

Jorgensen’s name was still searched for Wednesday at a higher rate than before the debate.

This is why I never lose hope in my fellow Americans.

Lets be honest, people are sick of the two-party duopoly.

After watching these two jokers, people were so desperate to find another candidate, that they actually crashed her website.

W ho is Dr. Jo Jorgensen? This third-party candidate’s website crashed during the 2020 debates.

Dr. Jo Jorgensen watched her website crash on Tuesday night — at least that’s what social media said happened — all because of the 2020 presidential debate.

What’s going on? Jorgensen — who is running in the 2020 election as the Libertarian candidate — made headlines Wednesday morning after the first presidential debate between President Donald Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

Interest in Jorgensen popped up Tuesday night during the debate, which reportedly led to her website crashing.

“The media won’t do our work for us. The corrupt @debates kept us off the stage last night and, of course, it turned into a shameful display of name calling, lies, and bad policy,” she wrote on Twitter.

I'm in a Blue state so theres absolutely no point in voting for Trump. Biden is guaranteed to get our electoral college votes.

The Libertarian Party always gets my vote but I actually want to vote for Jo.

I consider myself a single issue voter.

That single issue being the Second Amendment. In my opinion, the Second should have actually been the First.

Because without it, we lose the ability to defend all of our rights.

We know where the Democrats stand.

The Republicans are better than the Dems but they cant be trusted either:

Thousands of firearms confiscated under the Republican Red Coat confiscation bill.

And then theres Jo Jorgensen:

edit on 1-10-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I voted for her by mail about 9 times already, maybe people will wake the hell up and stop voting Democrat or Republican, they are both trash and opposite sides of the same coin.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I hate the two party duopoly and would love to vote third party.

But Trump winning in November is way too important for America to waste my vote on someone with absolutely zero chance of winning.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Yeah but Jack Lemon and Walter Matthau are way funnier...

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I voted for her by mail about 9 times already, maybe people will wake the hell up and stop voting Democrat or Republican, they are both trash and opposite sides of the same coin.

I'm of the opinion 2024 will have a very strong Libertarian candidate that will usher in the dissolution of the democrat party because the far left will eat itself over the next 4 years.

The GOP will restructure to be even more center and become the party of the existing center dems as well.

The Libertarian party will be where anyone that wants a real change will go.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'm hoping the moderate Republicans dump the party of crap that they are presently in and join the sane people in voting Libertarian. They Republicans can keep the religious wackos and right wing loonies.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'm hoping the moderate Republicans dump the party of crap that they are presently in and join the sane people in voting Libertarian. They Republicans can keep the religious wackos and right wing loonies.

Republicans voting Libertarian will guarantee Democrats win every election for the rest of time.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Not coupled with what Vasa said above.

edit on 1-10-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

originally posted by: PurpleFox
I hate the two party duopoly and would love to vote third party.

But Trump winning in November is way too important for America to waste my vote on someone with absolutely zero chance of winning.

It all comes down to your state since the POTUS is elected by the Electoral College not the popular vote.

If youre in a solid Blue state, theres no point in voting for Trump.

Even if youre in a solid Red state with a wide margin, you could still vote for Jo.

If youre in one of the 6 swing states, I would probably vote Trump. I honestly think that Harris may actually be worse than Biden and Trump.

edit on 1-10-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I was one of those looking. Sorry I contributed to the crash.

I have no confidence in Trump or Biden. That may be because I have done my own research. I don't rely on influencers, especially not the highly promoted ones, and I don't have Facebook or Twitter. The video sites like YouTube, are great venues for creativity, and many of their products are quite attention grabbing, as long as you keep in mind that truth is not on the list of must haves, when they are produced.

I think the debates are a joke, serve no purpose and creates more friction between the loyalist, making for hysterically, fanatic, reactive, behavior.

They do nothing for those that have already voted, or those that have already decided. For those of us that have decided to vote for neither, it increases the desire for another option. Unfortunately, they will never let a third party candidate have enough air time to be a real threat. But for me, voting for Jo is better than not voting at all.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Unfortunately, they will never let a third party candidate have enough air time to be a real threat.

See: Ross Perot. He had a legit shot but screwed up his own campaign.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I voted for Johnson/Weld in '16, and it's looking like I may go the same way this year.

Can't say I agree with Ms. Jorgenson's and the party's position on illegal immigration, but IDK, there is no perfect political platform.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
Can't say I agree with Ms. Jorgenson's and the party's position on illegal immigration, but IDK, there is no perfect political platform.

It's no different than what's there now, a pathway to citizenship. You wouldn't have so many issues if we didn't have arbitrary quotas and a onerous immigration process. Legal immigration keeps the country vibrant and economically strong.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It's no different than what's there now, a pathway to citizenship. You wouldn't have so many issues if we didn't have arbitrary quotas and a onerous immigration process. Legal immigration keeps the country vibrant and economically strong.

Absolutely, no argument from me on that. As long as one enters the country lawfully and works through the proper process, I'm all for it.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Absolutely, no argument from me on that. As long as one enters the country lawfully and works through the proper process, I'm all for it.

The problem is our process is cumbersome and onerous, we need more people moving here with their aspirations and dreams and not less.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
She's an identitarian. Sorry, but the Libertarian Party is a joke that partner's with the likes of NAMBLA and is now a woke organization.

After Gary Johnson's unprofessional and cringy 2016 campaign, not to mention Bill "I love gun control and Hillary Clinton" Weld, I have no more love left for the Libertarian Party.

Further, the LP's stated open borders policy is a no go from the start.

It seems to me like the only types we get in the LP are douche bags like Justin Amash who is more concerned with his Chinese investments than actually representing his constituency.

Libertarians are a joke and will never amount to anything because they don't speak to normal Americans. Too busy appealing to people who want free reign on drugs and legal prostitutes.
edit on 10 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

If we all voted for this girl and she won it would go a long way to taking back our power from the tyranny of a two party system.
edit on 1-10-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Did you vote for her this time?

I'm trying to vote for the 3rd party that most others are voting for.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Unfortunately, they will never let a third party candidate have enough air time to be a real threat.

See: Ross Perot. He had a legit shot but screwed up his own campaign.

Ross Perot is how we ended up with the Clinton machine in power.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Did you vote for her this time?

I'm trying to vote for the 3rd party that most others are voting for.

I did, there was no way in hell I was voting for Biden or Trump and Cthulhu was not on the ballot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join