It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop democrats - they are coming for our guns (their own words)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Need is irrelevant.

And that is where the USA differs from literally the rest of the world.

Need is very relevant.
Guns are by design made to kill/harm things.

There is no need for a semi-automatic rifle in an urban setting so why would someone want one?

I understand that you and many, many more of your countrymen/women diagree and that is entirely up to you.
I'm not arrogant enough to assume to tell you what you should do in your own country, America will do as America see's fit.....and that's as it should be.

I'm just giving my opinion as I see it looking from the outside in.

The UK has one of the highest violent crime rates in all of western Europe.

But that isn't the topic under discussion.

Comparing the US with the UK with regards to gun control is literally apples and oranges.
What's right for one isn't right for the other in this instance.

There is much that unites our two country's but this is one of the major cultural differences between us.

I would never advocate UK style gun control laws for the US.....that would clearly be impractical, very dangerous and counter to the 'American way of life'.

But what you have at present isn't working and something needs doing.
What?
I have no idea, that's for you guys to figure out.

But I'd suggest maybe the first step is acknowledging that you have a problem and something actually needs to be done.

Perhaps the problem is just a manifestation of a deeper malaise in American society?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

How is it not working?? It seems to be workingg just fine as your more likely to die in a fist fight than being shot in ANY scenario by a long gun. In fact there was a thread on ats years ago that show just that. So how is that not working??

In fact the overwhelming majority of murders occur in the urban districts with the strictest gun control policies. And damn near none of those involved a semi automatic high capacity rifle.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

It seems to be workingg just fine as your more likely to die in a fist fight than being shot in ANY scenario by a long gun.

Still true.

ucr.fbi.gov...

Put in another perspective, there also tends to be about three times as many people killed on bicycles in the US each year as with any kind of rifle.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The shear volume of deaths pro rata suggests there's something wrong.

If you don't think so then fine, no skin off my nose.

I gave my thoughts for what little they're worth.
I've had this 'discussion' so many times over the years, I have no intention of doing so again.

There is no problem and everything is fine, just perfect in fact.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Slight problem with your thesis.

The purpose of a gun is not to kill but the fire ammunition. The decision to fire that ammunition at a living creature is solely in the hands of the operator...even little kids that don’t know better because they were not taught to respect firearms, they too decide to point it at others.

The decision of the operator can be to only fire at paper targets, also known as target shooting which is a legal activity even in the U.K. Now you can make the argument that guns can be held by the shooting club under government regulations. And they could, but I will refer you back to Patrick Henry who called out that con job centuries ago.

But all of that said, guns should be the last of worries for the masses. Because within your own pocket, which can be readily transferred to your hand is a device that you can look up how to make various explosives, shaped charges, E bombs (which unleash a low yield EMP to fry a few city blocks) and so on. All right there, equally accessible to the sociopaths that would do it and the normal person who wouldn’t but might under contrived sets of circumstances such as out of work and hungry but turned down for assistance...all excuses for the operator decision to use against others.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Democrats are following the Nazi Hitler roadmap exactly as it is laid out. Create distrust in the police. Take away guns. Forced re-education camps. Label all your enemies/opponents as not human. When do they get to the part about rounding up anyone they don't like ("racist") and imprisoning them or just outright executing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join