It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop democrats - they are coming for our guns (their own words)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I understand that we're products of our environment. So its difficult for non-Americans (and even some Americans) to understand the vital importance of the Second Amendment.

I would argue more so than any other Amendment.

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
If there is so much gun violence, maybe laws should change.

Blaming a firearm for violence would be like blaming a knife for a stabbing. Wait, never mind:

Doctors call for a ban on kitchen knives.

An AR-15 is a military style weapon...what do people need that for??

Fortunately, in a freedom based country like the United States, our purchases are not based on "need".

I see relatively small families with very large homes, they dont need that.

I also see people driving around in very large, fast cars, they dont need that.

Then there are people who eat a lot of food, they definitely dont need that.

Hunters should always be good, having an AR-15 and feeling the need to own them....nah.

I'm not sure how or where this narrative started but the Second Amendment was never about "hunting".

The Second Amendment was always about preventing a usurpatory government.

Prior to the Constitution, the United States was governed by the Articles of Confederation.

But a group of guys called the Federalists felt that there needed to be more centralized authority so they created some laws called the Constitution.

But in order for the federal government to have any authority, to even exist, the states had to ratify the Constitution.

One of the powers delegated or enumerated to the federal government was the power to raise and support armies.

This was VERY concerning to the states.

And this concern was raised during the drafting of the Constitution and during the ratifying conventions.

The non-Federalists already mistrusted central authorities. And now that central authority had the ability to raise an army.

But the Federalists said wait, you dont have to worry.

The Second law of the United States will guarantee the right of the states and more specifically, the individual, to possess ARMS (not just guns), without restriction.

The people would never have to fear that government would have a monopoly on the use of force. The people will always be on an equal footing with the government and will always have a protected right to defend themselves, specifically, from a usurpatory government.

So the people are not only entitled and have a right, but actually NEED a lot more than an AR-15 to ensure the security of a free state.

edit on 30-9-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
But you don't seem to understand the situation in the United States. The people must always be armed. It isn't about the caricature you have drawn in your mind of who the typical gun owner is. It's about the very real existential threat that the United States poses to the rest of the world if we ever truly fall to absolute despotism. Today, that possibility looks very real to most people in the US. We are all Americans but we are not monolithic and the fractures that are buried underneath the veneer of American society are dangerously close to surfacing. Something like that could lead to some seriously crazy people in possession of the world's most dangerous military.

YOU need Americans to be armed.

Wise words that will fall only on too many deaf ears.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

a reply to: JBurns

Who cares?
I have spent my life going into the bush and never needed a gun and am going this weekend.
I have never felt the need to shoot people or animals, I have a grocery store to buy my hotdogs and potatoes.

Why are you people so obsessed with guns and weapons??
They take your AR15 away....good!!
There is a reason there are so many shootings...people who NEED guns are 1 of them.

I am happy there are less idiots with guns so I am not going to sympathize with your plight.

OMG...the democrats!!!
I don't even know what that means because I don't do idiocy so there is 0 reason to pay attention to them.

Not personally exercising a right is a pretty dangerous rationale for supporting it's abolishment. By that logic, most of society is correct to abolish abortion, as most of society hasn't had one and doesn't intend to. Similarly, there's zero rationale behind minority Rights as the majority of the country doesn't need them to go about their normal lives.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Thankfully its not up to you or anyone else on the firearm matter.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Who cares?
I have spent my life going into the bush and never needed a gun and am going this weekend.
I have never felt the need to shoot people or animals, I have a grocery store to buy my hotdogs and potatoes.

There is a reason there are so many shootings...people who NEED guns are 1 of them.

I am happy there are less idiots with guns so I am not going to sympathize with your plight.

OMG...the democrats!!!
I don't even know what that means because I don't do idiocy so there is 0 reason to pay attention to them.

Eventually your own government will prove you wrong. They are already not afraid of you.

ETA I've never seen anything more stupid than what you just typed there. MAO would applaud you though, just before your end. Read a history book.
edit on 30-9-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Here is the deal, man. It doesn’t matter if the people retain their guns if there is no problem in losing them. But if for one second, you mistrust either the current politicos or think there may be a problem with ones in the future then giving up Gun rights is the most moronic thing imaginable.

I have yet to seen any worthy of forfeiting such rights. Never forget that JFK was both quite the womanizer which denotes moral flaws of character and would be booted out of the modern Democratic Party for his views. And that even the most extreme end of pro-America ideology, Joe McCarthy, was a heroin addict.

Personally, I’d rather both you and I keep our guns and never need them. Then to ever want them and be unable to have them. And as Patrick Henry said...If freedom is the reason, then in which hands are they most secure: The People or the government in which they may need to be used against?

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Well now Sub, that is just one of his finer moments isn't it?

If only Trump were perfect and didn't say randomly idiotic things from time to time

Regardless, only one party and one nominee has promised to come after firearms that are absolutely vital to defending yourself against heavily armed/and armored attackers.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Woah! I am stricken with this candidate you listed, a truly "liberal" (and Constitutional) approach to firearms/weapons/and more

I apologize for the spineless, cowardly, knee-jerking Republican followers in the party also. For what its worth I support firing them and replacing them with *actual* leaders.

Yeah, I can't stand dems and I'd never vote for them, but I hate my own party with a similar passion. They are simply a means to an end, who I see as having the best chance to support/preserve and defend the Constitution. Sadly the pearl-clutching GOP is the lesser of those evils. The candidate you listed is clearly superior, and if there was a chance in H-E-double you know what she'd win over the disgusting 2 party monopoly she'd have my vote in a heart beat or less
edit on 9/30/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
One thing I can promise, if any govt ever comes to confiscate my guns, they will have mysteriously all been lost and I will be a satisfied "criminal" in my protest.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

For me personally, gun confiscation is a red line.

If they insist on provoking violence by attacking Americans exercising the 2A, it will be them who acted first with reckless disregard and they will have to deal with the consequences of that very bad decision

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Who cares?

OMG...the democrats!!!
I live in the country, bears destroyed our suet feeders on the deck right outside the patio door this spring. That patio door would be nothing for a bear to get through. My handgun is a desert eagle 357 magnum, if it comes through that glass, I need to have a gun and two clips of shells to make sure it does not harm us or THE CATS.

I go into the woods picking berries, there are mountain lions verified here and also bears. You need to carry a gun to scare off the bear, a gun that will make a big bang. I also go stream fishing and a gun is a good thing to have when you have three trout in your fish bag strapped to your side. Bears like fish.

I don't hunt anymore but I still go in the woods a lot and I have been chased by a bear before. It backed off when I came up to others and ran into the woods.

My sister in law always takes a gun when she goes out walking in the woods, it is small and probably won't kill the bear, but it will disable it or the shot will scare it off. She has a conceiled weapon permit so she can have it hidden because others walking in the woods do not have to worry about someone displaying a gun on their side. I open carry when picking berries. When cutting firewood I do not need a gun, the chainsaw will do a job on a bear if you hit it's neck.

If you think it is safe out there, you are misguided, a bunch of coyotes had a logger pinned on his truck one day, he climbed into the cab over the roof, the coyotes get pretty brave when there are a pack of ten of them.

Just saying, maybe you live in an area without predators, others don't. We do have wolves up here, but they have not attacked anyone that I know of, three of them approached my brother one day when he was out snowshoing, he shot three or four times and they went away. He did not even know there were wolves back in the woods just outside of town till that day. Never believe that predators won't attack if they are hungry. Usually they don't, but I have friends and relatives that have experienced being stocked by them. And myself being chased by a bear once.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

If there is so much gun violence, maybe laws should change.

I stopped reading right there.

People who use the term "gun violence" need to back that up with some links... maybe a video or two of guns that have been violent.

News flash sparky... a gun is an inanimate object.

There is literally no such thing as "gun violence."

And to your first post about you knowing all about how to go to the grocery store for your crap food...

Some of us will go to a grocery store once in the spring and once in the fall.

And it has nothing to do with the food there.

So kudos for you for being so non self-sufficient and if that is the life (if you could call it that) that you want to live then kudos to you.

The Canadians I personally know are far better then that.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Who cares?

OMG...the democrats!!!

Depends on which country you are speaking of going "into the bush" in .
Depends on who wants the "guns"
Bad folks will always get them , so pack that idea away....
Far away.
If not , they just resort to other stuff.
Here in the Southern US , we don't want to feel dependent on anyone else to do anything for us.
Especially the government that pass stupid laws to make one dependent .

BTW , it is firearms and not "guns"

I have firearms
And I have a gun
Some are for shooting
The other is for fun.
edit on 9/30/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

What would you use to kill bad guys if they decided everyone under age 25 needs to be exterminated to help control the population? If we all train really hard at martial arts, will that do the trick?

Or are you saying what happened just in the past hundred years with mass-genocides by governments against their own people and lands they've occupied will never happen again?

What should I do if a few dozen terrorists are coming toward my house and family with molotov cocktails and guns? Will they go away if I threateningly swing my baseball bat around?

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have a large number of weapons that the democrats don’t want me to have. I have never shot anyone and am highly trained. My wife and I regularly go shooting. It is part of our entertainment. We also both have our CCW licenses and believe we have the right to protect our family and property.

I don’t think any current law enforcement would come to collect weapons house to house. They might have to get UN or foreign troops to do the collection. I can’t see too many people complying with foreign troops breaking into their homes and violating the Constitution.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

You're from Canada, exactly!
Canada doesn't have our B.O.R.
The whole reason for the 2nd. Amendment to OUR B.O.R. has nothing to to with firearms, "the right to bear arms" for hunting.

It's the law, that guarantees the people's right to defend themselves against the kind of folks that believe they know, what you need or don't need...
Or defend against the kind of treacherous scumb suckers that take an oath to uphold our Constitution then try to change it.

It was and still is a simple concept. A marvelous piece of legislation!

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I have a large number of weapons that the democrats don’t want me to have. I have never shot anyone and am highly trained. My wife and I regularly go shooting. It is part of our entertainment. We also both have our CCW licenses and believe we have the right to protect our family and property.

I don’t think any current law enforcement would come to collect weapons house to house. They might have to get UN or foreign troops to do the collection. I can’t see too many people complying with foreign troops breaking into their homes and violating the Constitution.

blue helmets are excellent targets lmao.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I get it that the USA has a long standing love affair with guns to the point they are engrained in your psyche.

I understand that a carte blanche restriction on their ownership would be shear stupidity as their are so many guns in circulation and such legislation would only result in lots of law abiding citizens becoming criminals and empowering criminals whilst handicapping ordianry citizens.

Of course European gun control laws are not suitable for the USA.

There are literally millions of Americans who require guns for hunting and dare I say sport.....and protection in an increasingly #ed up world.

And of course its a Right enshrined in your sacred and hallowed Constitution.

But only a complete moron could fail to recognise and acknowledge that some sort of reform is required.
What reform?
I have no idea but can someone please tell me why a person in any built up reasonably populated area needs to be able to walk around with an AR-15 or any other semi-automatic rifle?

But sure, just ignore what literally the rest of the world can so clearly see and continue with your wankathon over guns.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   

There is a big difference between going into a wild area and living in one. When you go there for a visit (campout or whatever), you can easily leave. When it is your home, not so much.

We have this disease around here called rabies. It affects the brain of mammals, including humans, and drives them mad before it kills them. We constantly try to wipe it out, but there are just so many critters around here that it can spread in unpopulated areas.

Of the animals that can be affected here, we have: foxes, raccoons, possums, armadillos, squirrels, black bear, occasional mountain lions, coyotes, skunks, cattle, swine, dogs, cats, and several more I have probably forgotten to list. when an animal contracts rabies, which is usually from the bite of an infected animal, it goes into this zombie-like state. It will travel in a straight line in a random direction and attack any critter it comes across, including humans. Any mammal it bites has a very high probability of contracting rabies itself. A rabid animal can be quickly identified by it frothing at the mouth and being out at the wrong time... for example a possum in the daytime. Possums normally sleep during the day and roam at night. One moving in the middle of the day is suspect for rabies. If it is frothing at all, you kill it... quickly without getting too close.

We also get invaded from time to time, speaking of possums. We had one show up in our yard just the other night. They will kill fowl, and we keep birds here. So I killed it. Took 8 shots with a .22 and it still had to finish bleeding out. And no, I'm not a bad shot... the first two hit it center of mass, where I aimed. The following 6 were to the head, since those first two didn't even make it flinch. Possums are pretty darn tough critters, but they are not the toughest we have. Coons are tougher, and coyotes are pretty tough themselves. Then there's the occasional feral dog... ever try to take out a feral bulldog with a .22? I strongly suggest no one try that trick unless they enjoy being chewed on.

So I have a variety of firearms, each one with a specific purpose. That .22 revolver is for little critters and close range... underpowered for the possum, but it was up against the house and I didn't want to crack the foundation with a .45 Colt. The .444 Marlin... that's for seriously big stuff like a black bear or mountain lion. The shotguns are for scaring stuff away I really don't care to kill, or for packs. The Mini-14? That's for deer hunting. OK, it has a 30-round clip. So? I'm only going to use one. There is nothing that says I have to fire every bullet available to me. The .223 is a powerful, high-speed round with a flat trajectory, is cheap to reload, has a wide range of bullet designs to choose from, and is easy on the shoulder.

We also have the potential of someone with ill intent coming here. It doesn't happen very much, but it's certainly possible. I am 1/4 mile from my nearest neighbor, and we cannot see each other's house. Typical police response time is between 30 minutes and 4 hours... depends on where the nearest deputy is in the county and what they're involved in at the time. We are isolated here, and while I like being isolated, it does come with certain requirements... like being able to defend oneself against both two- and four-legged critters.

Well, I've never heard of hunting hotdogs or potatoes. Not sure what caliber would be best for that.

I have no desire to kill anything either. I simply have a desire to not have something hurt me. I also use a grocery store, plus a garden, plus hunting (although I actually prefer to buy the meat from local processors when trophy hunters get lucky). I like having those options, as I consider having food to be a good thing.

Simple: because people are obsessed with taking them away by force of law.

As has been stated, the Constitution does not grant me anything. It restricts the government from taking what was granted me by God. I have the right to protect myself, as anyone else does. I am too old to fight, so I need something that I can rely on to help me protect myself. That's a firearm.

When I was younger, no one was talking much about gun rights. That's because no one was trying to take that right away. If you want the obsession with the 2nd Amendment to die down, the way to accomplish that is to stop people from trying to violate it.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Need is irrelevant. More people are killed with hands and feet in america every year than all long guns combined (rifles and shotguns) .
So why is it crazy to have a high capacity semi-automatic rifle in an urban environment if the statistics show youre more likely to be killed by a nasty punch to your skull or having it stomped on by some sick bastards than someone wielding that rifle ??

Maybe we should restart king Leopolds hand chopping policy from the Congo... You know if it can save even just one life right??

The UK has one of the highest violent crime rates in all of western Europe. You and others that make similar arguments conviniently ignore that banning or over regulating firearms only reduces shootings. The violence and murder does not end, it simply shifts to different weapons and different victims.

What is the actual violent crime and mirder rate regardless of method or tool??

edit on 10-1-2020 by worldstarcountry because: i hate touch screens

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join