It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golf One Length Clubs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I've been playing golf since about 2010 , I picked it up in the military .

We would go to the local course on the weekends and Play front or back 9 just depends , and of course we would have a cooler of beer good times and a great way to relieve stress.

There were 4 of us and At first we were all pretty terrible , Golf is extremely challenging it requires immense focus and body mechanics control . But none the less I grew to love the Golf , and for years I have played with an old set of Dunlop tour pro Irons not the most forgiving clubs but I got used to them .

I digress I'm droning on let me get to the point , I have always struggled with transitioning from Short Irons to Long Irons I have to take like 10 practice swings to get my mechanics in motion for the long Irons .

I heard about the Cobra One length Clubs and at first I turned my nose up at them like most traditional golfers assuming they were a gimmick at best , Then I read an article Written by a Golfer named Bryson DeChambeau he is a PGA pro using one length clubs and he won the US Open in 2016 , so I took notice I did some research on One Lengths and the Principle is simple each Club is the Length of a 7 Iron 37.5inches so no matter what club your playing whether it's a PW or a 3 iron the club is the same length so you use the same Swing pattern .

No changing your feet width, no moving the ball forward or back none of that Long Iron sweeping motion , Just swing every Club as if it were a 7 Iron.

To those new to Golf , A 7 Iron is probably the easiest Club to hit it is a neutral club requiring a middle ball setup .

So I bought a set of One Length about 8 monthes ago , and My Golf game has become unbelievably consistent at least compared to what it was . It's like I was working against myself all those years playing varied length clubs were like an exercise in futility . These Clubs are going to change the Game of Golf , now I'm not saying these Clubs are for everyone because there not it honestly depends on your swing mechanics .

But they worked for me, My handicap is between 10-12 which is not amazing but it's much better than what it was.

Has anyone else switched to OneLengths ?
edit on 30-9-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I was thinking about it,but as a lefty you can never find demos, so Im not gonna drop 800 on an experiment.

Now, I would like to try that single plane swing like he has. He took that from Moe Norman.
edit on 30-9-2020 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I was thinking about it,but as a lefty you can never find demos, so Im not gonna drop 800 on an experiment.

Now, I would like to try that single plane swing like he has. He took that from Moe Norman.

Yes his swing is Unique .

But I listened to him explain the theory of a Single plane swing , He said it is basically impossible to pratice a single plane swing with varied length clubs .

Which is why he went with the single length clubs .

Moe Norman was a master of his craft way ahead of his time.
edit on 30-9-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

join