It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Wins Debate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: dug88

And this is a surprise?

Of course the MSM is going to crown Biden the winner.

So much so that they are also calling for the rest of the debates to be canceled, because; reasons.

Might as well get Trump out now and move Biden in today.

Not a single person is posting what Joe Biden said on stage except maybe the "shut up man!" part.

Nothing about policy or zingers nothing. Everyone is reacting to Trump and I suspect the majority of those people already voted.

I managed to watch about 20 minutes of the "debate" before giving up and popping in the Avengers bluray because I wanted to see something positive.

Even I wanted to say, "Shut up, man! The easiest way to get votes is to let Biden talk, then just smile and laugh." What I saw was like kicking an old man laying on the ground after you took his walker. But, I guess this wasn't a politeness and manners contest. And, I guess if I were in Trump's place, I'd have a lot of pent up frustration after being slandered by the press for four years. I'm sure he got some satisfaction out of being on national TV with millions of people watching and not having CNN or MSNBC edit what he says to take it out of context.

I did get a little insight as to why so many other world leaders don't like Trump. If that's the way he negotiates trade deals, tariffs, and other treaties, they probably give in just out of frustration.

Works for me.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So it's possible to "win" a debate without using any actual facts or discussing any issues with any substance? Or even answering simple moderator questions? Interesting times.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So it's possible to "win" a debate without using any actual facts or discussing any issues with any substance? Or even answering simple moderator questions? Interesting times.

It's how Biden supposedly beat Paul Ryan during the VP debates too. Apparently, Joe has a win debate card or something because he doesn't do it on the merits of what he actually does on the substance.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

My wife can give you pointers on that if youd like.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

originally posted by: Anathros
I'm a Trump supporter. I detest this new democratic party. That said, on a scale of 1-10 on how the candidates did last night. I'd give Biden a 5 and Trump a 3. Trump debated like he was losing the election. I understand that Biden lied numerous times but if someone divorced from politics was watching the debate..I honestly believe Trump lost it.

Still voting Trump.

Just my .02

My post analysis is that Trumps plan was to sacrifice this debate to call Biden out for his corruption. Get people talking about it. Tell will tell if it pays off.

That's the way it seemed. To me, as someone that ready knows the story about Hunter..it fell flat. I don't believe it swayed any voters in his direction. I do lay a lot of the blame at the feet of Chris Wallace but Trump didn't seem to come prepared. I hope that changes by the next debate.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well the white supremacists, nazis and proud boys are all celebrating how trump told them to stand by. a reply to: dug88

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I heard it was like watching a capable grown man, man handling a child.
edit on 30-9-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Cool....5 pages of people arguing over utter nonsense...my work here is done....

Putin, if you're reading this....get them ruples over here.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm not sure how anyone can think anybody won. If those are the two best we can come up with, we all lose.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I'm not sure how anyone can think anybody won. If those are the two best we can come up with, we all lose.

I'm surprised the Democrats don't seem to have a deep bench. The Republicans do, but precious few of them can take the relentless hounding, slander, lies, etc., they'd have to bear up under from the far left and the press (same thing really). And most of the best the Reps have is still young.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'll add this tidbit from Salon:

Trump and his supporters no doubt imagine that his performance was a triumphant display of animalistic dominance.

But like all bullies, their posturing is a thin disguise for the cowardice underneath.

What was really on stage was a man so incredibly terrified of being held to account, even a little, and so fearful of the facts that he lashed out like a cornered rat at even the barest hint that his opponent might say things that are true.

www.salon.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Nobody won this debate.

America put on a shameful display of leadership and the world is laughing.

Biden had a hard time finishing a thought and Trump wouldn't shut up or listen. Neither candidate has the class it takes to be a good leader.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

Well..."class" is at the very bottom of my wish list for potus.

Economy, security, and foreign policy are at the top. Trump gets a 9.5/10 for that. Him being an arrogant ass isnt news.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Most Americans agree with you.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

We're if not for a specific drug, Joe Biden would have been the same guy we've seen on The Campaign Trail the past 2 months.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Animalistic dominance ..." they got their knicker in a twist didn't they?

Why can't the US elect wunderkin panty waist soy boys like Macron and Trudeau? Waaaahhhh ....

Aren't these the same people who will turn around and claim that certain sexual behaviors and dispositions are perfectly natural and normal and we ought not be prudish because they exist in nature? But oh the horrors of ANIMALISTIC DOMINANCE ...

edit on 30-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Most ive talked to do. The only exceptions are never trump types that poopoo his middle east accomplishments.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I have to give Biden props on his performance. Not sure I'd say he won, but he certainly did a hell of a lot better than I expected. You could see him struggling to stay on track here and there, and at times he kinda looked like he was reading something; but he did much better than I thought he would

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The fact that you had to quote a leftist rags editors opinion means you people need as much confirmation bias as possible to try and rationalize some sort of victory for Biden.

Afraid it doesn’t work, his opinion holds no more water then yours or mine.

What we saw was a former VP unable to handle Trump and resorted to Wallace for help, SAD.

...that “animalistic dominance” says the 2016 Hillary voter, lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just to clarify, I didn’t read past the first page of this thread or even watch the debate.

But from the few comments I’ve read here (on ATS) about it, by even the most adamant Trump fan boys, it does seem like Biden won.

Mind you, not because Biden performed all that brilliantly. But more because Trump couldn’t keep his mouth shut for more than a few seconds, which made him look childish and petty.

So in other words... Trump lost by showing his true colours.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join