It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Wins Debate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Sorry AM and many thanks for the corection nI'm just pretty new to the electioneering in the States and all the groups............ It The Proud Boys

No worries, man, you're not expected to know each homo erotic group that pops up over here in the Colonies.

You're trying to make yourself look virtuous and tease gay people at the same time.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: njd2025
a reply to: dug88

The post debate polls will determine the winner. Let's see if Trump gets a bump in the polls with swing voters.

His white supremacist base is very happy. But he already had that segment of the population.

I don't think Trumps middle finger populism and debate bully behavior is going to help him with swing voters.

Trump's recent police-reform executive order, the First Step Act, released thousands of people from jail (90 percent of whom were black). He has promoted opportunity zones that incentivized private investment into marginalized communities, and also increased federal funding to historically black colleges and universities by 17 percent — a total exceeding $100 million, more than any president in history. Meanwhile, the Obama administration infamously removed a two-year Bush-administration program that annually funded $85 million directly to these prized institutions.

link   

originally posted by: NightVision
You're trying to make yourself look virtuous and tease gay people at the same time.

I am 100% not virtuous and I tease everyone the same. I'm an equally opportunity offender.

In this case it's the Proud Soys.

link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Sure, that is how you see it. Others see it differently. Others saw that Wallace did jump in but jumped in to try to control the rambling of one of the debaters. He was trying to ''moderate'', he was after all the moderator. There were protocols established for this event that both sides agreed to abide by once it began. Trump was not abiding by the rules that his own campaign agreed to follow.

So of course, the moderator tried to do his job and keep the debate on track. Trump however was not having it.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

its sad to say that they are likely correct. Trump screwed up. The double whammy. He was overly aggressive and continuously interrupted Biden instead of letting Biden talk and sink himself. There was plenty of time to hammer Biden after Biden was done talking.

Trump has to sit back and give Biden rope. His failure to do this made him look petty and angry, and it kept him from having a clear and concise message.

Lets be honest: these debates are purely spectacle. No one is undecided. There is nothing to really gain by having them, other than giving pundits a few news cycles of material to talk about.

I really didn't like how Chris would throw in his own perspectives/opinions and say them as a truism before he actually got to a question. One example is when Chris said something long the lines that what Trump did with reducing the price of drugs was superficial. Of course Trump would come back instantly...

Trump a number of times found himself debating Chris' pre question comments that were full of opinions that Chris would bloviate for a while and then when Trump commented back on his bloviating Chris would say can I ask the question... yes ask dumb sh!t stop bloviating.

He really didn't do this with Biden, and didn't push Biden who really said nothing but OMB. I expected Chris to say OK we get your OMB point, what are you going to do? But he didn't...

edit on 30-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

While singing Proud Mary on karaoke night do you cover the CCR, Tina Turner or The Osmonds version?

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I don't want to see him in heels dancing. I hope its the ccr version.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
While singing Proud Mary on karaoke night do you cover the CCR, Tina Turner or The Osmonds version?

Dude, Marie Osmond for the totally sissy win.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I don't want to see him in heels dancing. I hope its the ccr version.

You lose!

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
I'm a Trump supporter. I detest this new democratic party. That said, on a scale of 1-10 on how the candidates did last night. I'd give Biden a 5 and Trump a 3. Trump debated like he was losing the election. I understand that Biden lied numerous times but if someone divorced from politics was watching the debate..I honestly believe Trump lost it.

Still voting Trump.

Just my .02

My post analysis is that Trumps plan was to sacrifice this debate to call Biden out for his corruption. Get people talking about it. Tell will tell if it pays off.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

its sad to say that they are likely correct. Trump screwed up. The double whammy. He was overly aggressive and continuously interrupted Biden instead of letting Biden talk and sink himself. There was plenty of time to hammer Biden after Biden was done talking.

Trump has to sit back and give Biden rope. His failure to do this made him look petty and angry, and it kept him from having a clear and concise message.

Lets be honest: these debates are purely spectacle. No one is undecided. There is nothing to really gain by having them, other than giving pundits a few news cycles of material to talk about.

I said the same thing to my wife last night. I told her that if he was smart he would lay off and let him get every single word out. He is a gaff machine but Trump played right into the hands of Biden’s campaign. I have a feeling that this is really going to cost Trump, he came off like a short fused madman. Trump could have done better.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The only song I remember from that blue colored 8-track. That might even predate the Donny and Marie Show come to think of it.

For your enjoyment and to prove I am not a lying dog-faced pony soldier:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think the mainstream media knows Biden lost the debate. If they resoundingly thought that Trump lost and that Trump's behavior were going to further turn off voters (especially independent voters), then they would be clamoring to do the next 2 debates. They're not.... In fact, they are all in lock-step saying that Biden should NOT do any more debates. They know they have nothing to gain and only more to lose...
edit on 30-9-2020 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree fully. Mostly, Biden did what Trump should have done. He let the other guy ramble and stumble all over himself. With Trump rumbling on and on and on, it gave Biden time to think of his next jab. Rather than go into any number of long punches like Trump was trying to do, deliver a knock out punch, Biden just keep dodging, which of course we knew he would do and jabbed and jabbed with his one liners unlike the diatribes Trump was swinging with.

I think that Trump was itching for a fight much more than Biden was. He came out scowling and that stayed on his face throughout allowing Biden to quietly stand there and just smirk and roll his eyes in amusement at much of what Trump was saying.

But the bit I really loved was when Trump really decided to press the issue of Biden's son. Trump had been trying to bring that into the debate but when he finally jumped on the chance he did not say Hunter, he just referred to Biden's son. Biden took that energy from Trump and flipped it . He began to respond in defense of his son all right , but his son Bo instead, playing up his service and patriotism and sacrifice. Great Dodge that. Then when Trump finally realized that Biden was talking about Bo, Trump said Hunter and kind of mentioned that he did not know anything about Bo.

That gave Biden the moment he needed to mention Hunters drug problems, '' like so many others'' and how he has gotten a handle on it and is moving on.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: njd2025

I don't think Trump's performance will convince any swing voters to vote for him. On the contrary, I think Trump turned off more swing voters than before the debate with his style of leadership.

You seem to be projecting your own personal take on the event. Don't worry, people do it all the time, the media even more so.

It's why people have an excuse for not thinking for themselves.

"Yeah! What he/she said! That's it!" 🙄

Personally, (see what I did there?) the left deserves no mercy for what they did to a sitting President for first 3 YEARS of his presidency.

You gotta imagine all that he's done and trying to do, and all he gets his negativity, negativity, negativity, negativity..

Three time Nobel Peace Prize nominee and it's practically crickets...

Think that doesn't take a toll or foment frustration and or anger?

Why anyone would swing towards Biden simply because his opponent lacks candor at this point just shows how utterly neutered and fragile those people are.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

a reply to: JAGStorm

Trumps only issue was his combative nature.

Bidens issue was using ad homs.

Wallace's issue was his abhorrent bias.

It was not really a debate given the behavior of the moderator. But had Trump been less combative he would have made moves against some of Bidens vote without losing his own.

I agree, Trump seemed very flustered and let Biden get to him. I'm sure behind the scenes there are a lot of psychological experts giving their two cents, the problem is that Trump probably wouldn't take advice from people and just wanted to wing it.

Wallace was a terrible moderator, seriously cringeworthy!

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Im shocked no one is asking why hunter certified he was broke when he was ordered to pay child support after all that money.

Takes a lot if crack to burn through 3.5mil.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I was likely the mod referred to.

Its a stupid name.

Then say it's a stupid name, LOL isn't this what all this tolerance is about? I suppose he is using gayest and homo erotic as flattering adjectives?

Not a hill I want to die on, but think about all the derogatory terms we could come up for BLM for instance. Or for Augustus Masonicus or Big Furry Texan for that matter.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm not sure who won. Frankly I don't care anymore.

I know for sure that America has lost.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Not a hill I want to die on, but think about all the derogatory terms we could come up for BLM for instance. Or for Augustus Masonicus or Big Furry Texan for that matter.

Coming up with derogatory terms to discribe Augi and Tex is one of my personal pastimes.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join