It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk Internal Markets Bill Passed in House of parliament

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
There you have it folks , what many have called a breach of international law , a bill that was opposed by nearly the entire party of the prime minister
5 ex living prime ministers opposed the bill and multiple MP's from across the house opposed the bill also

yet somehow the internal markets bill has been passed

like it wasnt going to pass as so typical of the tories , many didnt vote or abstained despite being opposed they still allow an illegal bill to be passed absolute shower of #ing sleekit wee bastards they are

dirty robbing #s

is it any wonder that the name tory derives from the gaelic toraidhe ‘outlaw, highwayman’, from tóir ‘pursue’.
dirty thievin swine

internal markets bill passed

The provisions in the bill have prompted significant disquiet, particularly after the Northern Ireland secretary, Brandon Lewis, told the Commons earlier this month that they did break international law “in a very specific and limited way”.

The subsequent furore saw two Tory MPs vote against the bill at its initial Commons vote earlier this month, with 30 more abstaining, although some of these did not vote because they were absent.

No Conservative MPs voted against the bill on Tuesday night, though more than 20 did not vote, with the majority assumed to be abstentions, Theresa May among them.

and of course the SNP have stated this is the biggest power grab to the devolved nations , the internal markets bill has made a mockery of the democracy of the UK if Brexit wasnt the straw that broke the camels back , the internal markets bill broke the camels back then #ed its maw up the arse

edit on 30-9-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Whats the bill about? Link is behind a paywall

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
When some of the withdrawal agreements protocols have been designed to be used against one party in negotiations on trade then there is an argument that a nation is justified in taking steps to protect its sovereignty and the general welfare of the economy and its peoples!! And they are right in passing a law to install that protective mechanism. All this talk about breaking treaties is bull# because if an agreement later appears that it is going to result in bad outcomes for ones nation then a that nation is surely justified in breaching that agreement or certain threatening protocols within that agreement.

This is common sense. If one adhered to all protocols in an agreement knowing that some of those protocols were going to hurt the nation then that would be negligent! And anyone that suggests that we should adhere to those protocols is not a friend of the nation, its interests or the people! They should join the other side (EU)!

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

its not behind a paywall if you click "not right now"

aye so the internal markets bill may have implications which affect the brexit agreement
throwing more spanners into the works as it were

Scottish government believes its a power grab over the devolved nations
article 46 of the bill gives the UK government power over the devolved nations and its "infrastructure"
and infrastructure includes , power , water , etc , things which are publicly owned in Scotland

it also raises concerns over the 4 nations and their food standards in what would be a race to the bottom

here is a BBC article on what the internal market bill row is all about

the UK internal market bill , what is the row all about

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

yes especially when this bill breaks the law

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

yes especially when this bill breaks the law
That is debatable but the law comes secondary to your Nations welfare and that of its peoples!

This bill now prevents the EU from using some of the protocols in the bill to enslave the UK and threaten its union (no divide and conquer)! Not to mention the protection and lift for the fishing industry.

This bill is the best insurance policy the UK has ever taken out! Look to the future because there is where the benefit of BREXIT will be realised!
edit on 30-9-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   

yes but the bill goes against the devolved nations
and has already broken international law to do it
its breaking the brexit agreement and then breaking the acts of devolution

Im not bothered about the EU im bothered about Westminster stealing powers from our devolved Scottish government

its theft by a corrupt government

the tories are yet again ripping new arseholes out of the 4 nations left right and centre
hey you want a new arsehole , the tories are here to rip ye a new wan.

once they rip ye a new wan , they # ye to death

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   

the law doesnt come secondary to anything no man is above the law
the government is instituted among men to protect individual rights and to uphold the law
the politicians swore into parliament and to uphold the rule of democracy and the rule of law
and they have failed us on this occasion

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

the government is instituted among men to protect individual rights and to uphold the law
the politicians swore into parliament and to uphold the rule of democracy and the rule of law

YEA right... NOT

ETA : The UK Gvt has failed on so many ways mate...

Personally I AM SCREWED as a Brit in France for over 30 years....more #ing stupid paperwork and red tape #. .

Screw the UK gvt deeply as they have screwed us for the past 50 or whatever years.

Kindest respects as an ex service man for HM the queen that screwed us over too.

Angrily yours

Lags
edit on 30-9-2020 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

so you dont agree at all that governments should adhere to the law and uphold democracy ?

or you dont agree that the law has been broken and the government have failed us ?

EDIT

I get ya Lags

Hope you are doing well over there
edit on 30-9-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I mean the internal markets bill aside

how does the UK tory government explain the FIN CEN documents leak and the dirty 2.3 trillion tied to tory donations and the worlds top banks and 3000+ UK companies laundering 2.3 trillion of dirty Russian money

so we have a government breaking international law and turning a blind eye to illegal banking activity

the UK government is done for

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

so you dont agree at all that governments should adhere to the law and uphold democracy ?

or you dont agree that the law has been broken and the government have failed us ?

In my opinion the Gvt has failed mate 😪

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

We are not talking about a 'man' but the Nation and that's 65m+ people! And laws if unjust have always been challenged by the peoples of our Nation! And in many cases for good reason.
They only failed the fool Eurofiles, antibrexiteers and those who do not understand the implications of some of the protocols in the WA. The Nation is the winner here!

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Yeh I think this will be it for the UK , its gone beyond the limits and broken the law and everyone said as much
yet it was done in the name of the people.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

sorry which nation ? there are 4

so you are totally cool with the tories breaking the law ?

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Yeh I think this will be it for the UK , its gone beyond the limits and broken the law and everyone said as much
yet it was done in the name of the people.

The people voted for lying bastards and got buggered with a fist full of sand as usual...

Maybe a bucket or thousand! And not a fist full of sand...n

MSM got the better...

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Personally I AM SCREWED as a Brit in France for over 30 years....more #ing stupid paperwork and red tape #.

Your choice......You're probably more French than British by now anyway?

I have cousins who have lived in France and Spain longer than you, and

have no intention of returning to the UK .......Freedom of choice.....

live with it.

Screw the UK gvt deeply as they have screwed us for the past 50 or whatever years.
Angrily yours

Whilst living in a 'new' home you cannot make the rules for your 'old' home.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Personally I AM SCREWED as a Brit in France for over 30 years....more #ing stupid paperwork and red tape #.

You are right and I agrée with you.

However

Your choice......You're probably more French than British by now anyway?

I have cousins who have lived in France and Spain longer than you, and

have no intention of returning to the UK .......Freedom of choice.....

live with it.

Angrily yours

Whilst living in a 'new' home you cannot make the rules for your 'old' home.

New home for over 30 years but still "allowed" to vote...

I have NEVER and NEVER will dictate rules. .

Dont know where you are coming from my dear?

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Thanks

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I think being British is a load of #e

see how quickly the others dropped that idea

we are still the only 4 dafties left

If I were in your position Id be wanting English independence to do anything to stop the runaway corrupt government
now stealing the wealth of the 4 nations

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join