It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Cope When A Family Member supports Domestic Terrorism?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: bastion

You had experience up close and personally during the The Troubles era?

Good. Then you know damn well it has to start small before it blows up & out of control. Terrorism doesn't go from 0-100 in the blink of an eye, it has to grow first. Thus, you don't have much of a leg to stand on by dismissing burgeoning terrorism groups stateside. The IRA was small and burgeoning once upon a time also. I could always brush off those early confrontations prior to full-on bombings and such as "not real terrorism", also. But both of us know that's inaccurate, and a falsehood.

Yes, it was nasty. The Troubles was caused on the bollocks of Henry the VIII in 1532. It didn't start in the 70s/80s. The IRA was armed by the CIA who gave them semtex for their bombs, please don't pretend to know anything about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: bastion

You had experience up close and personally during the The Troubles era?

Good. Then you know damn well it has to start small before it blows up & out of control. Terrorism doesn't go from 0-100 in the blink of an eye, it has to grow first. Thus, you don't have much of a leg to stand on by dismissing burgeoning terrorism groups stateside. The IRA was small and burgeoning once upon a time also. I could always brush off those early confrontations prior to full-on bombings and such as "not real terrorism", also. But both of us know that's inaccurate, and a falsehood.

Yes, it was nasty. The Troubles was caused on the bollocks of Henry the VIII in 1532. It didn't start in the 70s/80s. The IRA was armed by the CIA who gave them semtex for their bombs, please don't pretend to know anything about it.

I know The Troubles has a lengthy history that has origins not in modern times, however it should have been plenty evident I was referring specifically to the 70's-90's in this particular context.

You can of course understand my point, as truncated as the example is.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
You thought that this person was a 'good and kind' person. How is it that you never noticed that they support ''Murder'' before. Just how did this manage to slip by you. How is sit that their support for cop killing never reach your threshold of awareness.

It never came up before now. I don't know if you notice something new in the news this year.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavocIf you loved this person, how is it that the fact that they support murder never came up in conversation before.

You loved them and thought them good and kind yet never noticed how racist they are, how selfish they are, how supportive of violence and abuse they are? Never even got a glimpse of this? Hard to believe.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

a reply to: CryHavocIf you loved this person, how is it that the fact that they support murder never came up in conversation before.

You loved them and thought them good and kind yet never noticed how racist they are, how selfish they are, how supportive of violence and abuse they are? Never even got a glimpse of this? Hard to believe.

Some folks are damn good at hiding their real selves from others. I kicked a few friends to the curb this year when their true colors came to light during the riots. These were people I've known for years in some cases, decades in others. It's more than a little eerie how good some people are at playing two different versions of themselves based on their present company, and when they're caught slipping up, it's sickening. I DID second guess my ability to suss people out at that level, but in honesty, this is no one's fault but the lying bastards who were never honest with us from the start.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

At what other point do you think they could have shown me that? At what other time that you're aware of when U.S. based Police were being ambushed and murdered?

You must be very young.
edit on 29-9-2020 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I've been hearing about the rights plans for domestic terrorism my whole life. They can't wait to kill liberals to "take our country back". Spare me.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighasAkite
I've been hearing about the rights plans for domestic terrorism my whole life. They can't wait to kill liberals to "take our country back". Spare me.

Exactly, the same way you love your relatives who are gleefully waiting to kill members of their community because of the upcoming "Civil War"

The same people who shout they are pro-life but could care less about possibly bringing a potentially deadly illness to an elderly parent because a mask infringes on their rights, or are not outraged that the President's treatment included a drug made with embryonic stem cells.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
I would look through the shock and question WHY that would affect you to begin with. Quite possibly it comes from reading too many things on the internet, watching too much "news" on TV and listening to too many folks who think they have their finger on the pulse of society.
Then ask yourself are you truly discouraged because someone has their own opinions? Also question how that person might view you.

Sometimes it's best to focus on other, non-polarizing aspects of humanity

(not criticizing you personally friend. Just explaining how I've reacted in such situations)

To be fair, these are some petty radical views/opinions to support (BLM/Antifa etc...). This isn't Yankees vs Red Sox kind of stuff here. If someone in your life supports this and you do not, it could mean not being able to live together (for either person).

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: CryHavoc

this friend of yours is still a good and kind person at heart - you should rather ask yourself what has become of you.

the way this person thinks is the way most people on this planet think. to say she/he supports violence because there is violence during protests is the same as saying that everyone who goes to church abuses children. it is just cheap populism. you won't make the world any better with it.

and once and for all: antifa is not a group with structures but more an idea that is unfortunately sometimes being abused by extremists. the term you are looking for is: left-wing radicals. they can also be terrorists. we are very familiar with that in germany. keyword: RAF. a dark part in german history.

Left Wing Terrorists

You are part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

You thought that this person was a 'good and kind' person. How is it that you never noticed that they support ''Murder'' before. Just how did this manage to slip by you. How is sit that their support for cop killing never reach your threshold of awareness.

It never came up before now. I don't know if you notice something new in the news this year.

Exactly, what used to be a simple difference in political affiliation in some case has really blossomed into some nasty business this year thanks to the media especially (on both sides).

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I saw a post on Facebook that I would like to paraphrase;

My son decided to wear a Biden hat and t-shirt to measure the social reaction. So far he's been hit, beaten, had bottles thrown at him and he hasn't even left the house yet.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

If they are over 30 they are probably beyond saving.

Spend your energy and time on someone else.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join