It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Board gremlins and dissapearing threads topics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hi was in ther middle of replying to a thread titled something along the lines of 'new standford Uni study shows anti-trumpers unhappy...'

There was no link to a story in the thread or the claimed paper so it may have been deleted due to that but I was in the middle of posting a reply to it and the thread had several replies already (mainly asking for a link to the alleged study or to back up OPs post) - had found the original scientific study (opposite of what OP claimed - see here psycnet.apa.org... and here hai.stanford.edu...

As I trying to post it came up with an error saying 'you don't have permission to post in this forum (1)' then once back on the main screen the thread had dissapeared.

Is this normal when a thread is deleted mid post/reply or is there a gremlin in the board and I borked that thread posting in it? Haven't seen the error before but post didn't meet board t&c (though I thought mods tried to remind OP to provide links etc rather than deleting it).

Not a complaint if anything was deleted, just trying to provide potentially useful info if the thread wasn't deleted by mods (can be an early warning of things crashing code/server wise).

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

It was most likely removed for the reason you mentioned, no source.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

No gremlin.
Unless mods are gremlins.

Sometimes threads are removed for various reasons.
So what you experienced is normal.

Since this has been answered, thread is closed.

new topics

join