It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Angry at Man Who Protested the 3,200 Shootings This Year.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's his horse.

He's a pretty well-known local figure. He would take that horse into the neighborhoods for the kids to teach them things about animals and animal husbandry to give them a view of a different way ... it was actually a form of positive outreach.

Then he goes and does this to the poor thing. One of the blogs I read did a piece on him, and they were pretty shocked that someone who's been such a positive would go so far off the rails in this kind of way.

The only thing I can think is that they killed someone he'd known or something.

edit on 29-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Then he goes and does this to the poor thing. One of the blogs I read did a piece on him, and they were pretty shocked that someone who's been such a positive would go so far off the rails in this kind of way.

The only thing I can think is that they killed someone he'd known or something.

Seems very strange...I'm sure there is more to the story.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Interesting that she had no problem with the rioting, looting and murders for 3 months until they showed up at her house.
But one thirsty horse gets it's own press conference.

You are skilled in polemic but that doesn't change the fact that this isn't about Lightfoot's response to rioting. Perhaps you could stay on topic?

Animal cruelty in the service of a cause is animal cruelty, and it is right to call it out.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe he isn't aware of the need for shoes to do what he did?

Im baffled by it as well. That anyone who owns a horse would ride it on the highway like that....

I know a lot of rodeo folk. The consensus is generally that he's an asshole for what he did.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Drucifer

The problem is that everyone wants to get angry over all the wrong reasons.

Yes, black children are being shot, but no one wants to talk about why that is. It's not the guns or the poverty. It's the people, and no one wants to talk about why the people shoot each other.

The violence and poverty are symptoms of the problem just like the dead children. Until you fix what's wrong with your people, you won't begin to address any of it, but no one wants to talk about what's wrong with the people.

I certainly don’t disagree with that.

The conversation just has to start on an official level. Right now it’s just being completely ignored. Then again, I know *I* don’t want the government telling me what is and isn’t right or wrong and I imagine neither does the black community. It just doesn’t appear that they’re willing to sort this out on their own.

I thoroughly understand the land mine one is stepping on by discussing this while in office, but it’s got to be discussed. Preferably without finding a way to blame it on Caucasian’s.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If you drive through Chicago to get from Point A to Point B, be advised that 2020 has logged a record number of Expressway / Freeway shootings. 87 of them thus far. These shootings are no longer only in "the hood".

Source: www.breitbart.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Godmother Lori Lightfoot puts foot in mouth again...

CHICAGO — Mayor Lori Lightfoot was again caught in a hot mic moment Wednesday during a virtual City Council meeting.

The mayor was heard muttering to herself after Ald. Rossana Rodriguez-Sanchez (33rd) finished speaking about a Black History Month resolution Wednesday.

“You’ve got to be fu'cking kidding me,” Lightfoot said, before thanking Rodriguez Sanchez for her comments and recognizing Ald. Jim Gardiner (45th) to speak next.
More at: blockclubchicago.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join