It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple 'water bodies' found under surface of Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Surprised this hasn't been picked up yet on here? I understand that it's been long suspected water exists on the red planet but never to this extent:

Several liquid bodies have been found under the south pole of Mars, according to a major new study.

The findings give extra credence to previous research that suggested there could be a large saltwater lake underneath the Martian surface, the researchers claim – and also led to them discovering a number of other wet areas.

The findings could be key in the search for alien life on the planet, the researchers note, given life as we know it requires liquid water to survive.

They will also be key to “planetary protection” work that ensures that humanity doesn’t contaminate other planets with life from Earth during missions to explore them.

Source

Mars is my favorite planet and I've watched countless moves about various manned missions there... the fact we're in 2020 but still so far from that reality is just crazy to me. Hopefully this revelation will bring out more hope..... it's a matter of how much water is available and accessible on the planet..... as the idea of carrying payloads of water from Earth is definately not feasible..

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Would love to see if there is any life in those bodies of water, it seems highly plausible.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Water bodies or liquid bodies.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Water bodies or liquid bodies.

Well I'm uncertain what else it could be? Lava? Moving debris? Unlikely... Mars is pretty much dead....

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Posted moments earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

CLOSED

new topics

top topics

join