It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for leftists: How do you feel about being lied to about Trump's taxes?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: vonclod

I don't think billionaires should exist.

We set a lower limit on income then give welfare to help.

So we also need an upper limit on income at say 100million dollars. That's far more than anyone needs and can be further reduced.

Since the rich will flee justice the policy has to be globally enforced so there's no where to hide the treasures.

You should write horror novels, cause this is the most outlandish and terrifying thing I've read in weeks...

No it's not.
Don't be an idiot.

Give me 1 good reason why 1 man legitimately has rights to more resources and wealth than millions of other humans combined?

Capitalism is a necessary evil but it must be limited otherwise we will all be slaves to #ing Jeff Bezos and all these liberal tyrants like Soros using their vast wealth to destroy republics worldwide.

You don't have 1 reason at all.
Not even a crap reason much less a good one.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Question for leftists: How do you feel about being lied to about Trump's taxes?

I am more pissed about Chi-com 19, Illegally spying,crooked FBI and DOJ,propaganda outlets called news more than Trump haters OBESSION out using the tax code like THEY ALL DO.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
All that means is he has a good accountant. Trump doesn't personally do his taxes. He pays someone to do them and they tell him how much he owes and he cuts a check.

None of these facts will matter though, of course.

He has a whole team that are very good since he basically gets an audit every year. I don't think Trump spends 10 mins a year thinking about his taxes.

edit on 28-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
The biggest issue is the 300-400 million in personal debt. Everyone with this level of debt is denied security clearances, as there is the too high a possibility of self dealing.

Not the President....

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Sure, but a guy who sh@ts on a gold toilet, just doesn't seem right he gets to cry poor, on one hand, and claim he the biggest, bestest billionaire.

"Lied to"..LMFAO

I don't get your connection... So should he pay 80% to show what a badass billionaire he is...lol

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Whats this non sense with these threads about what lefties feels like?
You guys are seriously slacking on the rightwing rhetoric.
Next thing you know you're interested in safe spaces and universal health care

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

So we also need an upper limit on income at say 100million dollars. That's far more than anyone needs and can be further reduced.

Since the rich will flee justice the policy has to be globally enforced so there's no where to hide the treasures.

How do you tax Bezos who may only have 50 million per year but is the riches man in the world with his stocks... That is typically the case...

Also why 100 million, why not 1 million, or 100k? Slippery slop.... Setting "needs" is not something we should do...

At one point Obama was suggesting rich was 260k or higher...

So lets say I make billions....Should I give it to the Goverment to just mismanage it or should I do things like the Gates/Buffett foundation or something like what Musk does...
edit on 28-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: chr0naut

Wow, even more uninformed than usual. It's obvious from this you didn't even read the Times article. You read some headlines and talking points about the story so you could be told what to think. You're incapable of thinking for yourself, as usual.

For example, you claim it didn't show he hasn't been profiting off the presidency, because you've seen the headline that he didn't pay taxes "10 of the 15 years before he became president" and you thought those were the only years covered. If you actually read the story, you'd have seen those weren't the only years covered. Uninformed and simply wrong, as you always are.

And yes you are a coward. You still haven't responded to the OP, because you're not man enough to admit you got fooled by the media, AGAIN.

Another one dishonestly pretending that the media and left-wing members here NEVER said these returns would show connections to Russia. Dishonest and pathetic, as well as predictable. The only time I've ever seen posts from you that weren't full of lies is when you're just being a bafoon, wasting space and derailing threads with your sophomoric "humor." It's sad that the only time you're not dishonest is when you're acting like a high school girl.

I know better than to keep wasting time on you. You're too closed-minded to have a rational discussion with, and that's not what you come here for. We all know that.

Uninformed.

Coward.

Dishonest.

Pathetic.

Closed-minded.

These qualities define you.

So, since you don't want to acknowledge what I wrote, you try and impugn my character. LOL. Well, if I'm as low as you suggest, then it wouldn't upset me unduly, would it? So you would have wasted your invective.

However, I'm none of those things you called me.

To have assumed that, for instance, I am a coward because I said something that was counter to your opinion, is not even vaguely rational. Surely, if I were a coward, I would have shown fear, but there is nothing for me to fear about you, or even about Donald Trump. I'm staunchly speaking my mind and will continue to do so.

It is interesting, though, that you respond like that. Irrationally attacking anyone who differs in opinion to yourself.

I am currently reading Mary Trump's Book, "Too Much and Never Enough" and she (as a Ph.D. Psychologist) describes Donald Trump's psychopathy similar to your own. She describes him as having attachment issues due to his father being a sociopath and his mother being constantly unwell from the time Donald was 9 months old. This led to Donald Trump having a narcissistic personality disorder, where he constantly craves approval but does not believe it when he gets it, because he knows that most of what he touts as his achievements are built on falsehoods. So, his psychopathy is that he attacks, with anger and insults, almost at random, anyone who isn't totally subservient or in agreement with him.

And now that Donald's father and older brother are no longer with us (I wonder if the HQC contributed to the death of his elder brother? That would also pile on additional guilt to his existing condition), I imagine he is feeling increasingly isolated, emotionally, so he is becoming more erratic and responding worse and worse to the minor assaults to his imagined supremacy.

And really, in the terms of an orderly debate, you know someone has lost it when they can no longer speak to the topic, but instead, attack the person of their opponent.

edit on 28/9/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

How do you tax Bezos who may only have 50 million per year but is the riches man in the world with his stocks... That is typically the case...

Also why 100 million, why not 1 million, or 100k? Slippery slop.... Setting "needs" is not something we should do...

At one point Obama was suggesting rich was 260k or higher...

So lets say I make billions....Should I give it to the Goverment to just mismanage it or should I do things like the Gates/Buffett foundation or something like what Musk does...

Of course not.

I'm my perfect world solution Im the boss and I don't need rules I'll just make them as I go and learn from mistakes.

So there's no slippery slope just my whims lol.

They will give the money to me and everyone will just have to trust I know what Im doing and it is indeed for the good of everyone. Then I'll see where its needed and move appropriately.

As screwed up as that sounds, the sad reality is that all of you including Bozo himself, would be far better off under my guidance.

And Im a huge idiot prone to embarrassing mistakes. Yet I'm still above all this # we have currently.

Frankly thats all hypothetical because even if everyone begged me to be king of earth I'm not sure I want anything to do with that nightmare. I just wanted to live a decent quiet life in peace...
edit on 9/28/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
Whats this non sense with these threads about what lefties feels like?
You guys are seriously slacking on the rightwing rhetoric.
Next thing you know you're interested in safe spaces and universal health care

Easy.

The safe space ought to be Earth.

And universal health care can be achieved at less than 1% current cost with honey alone (not mentioning all the other amazing cures in nature).

See how easy it really is?

Problem is humans are wayyy too stubborn for simple solutions.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yet, that's what National Security wants to know. Who, what countries does he owe "paybacks"...er...back-scratching...ah...repay "loans" to.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

They will give the money to me and everyone will just have to trust I know what Im doing and it is indeed for the good of everyone. Then I'll see where its needed and move appropriately.

Just one note to this...I think we both can assume that Soros feels the same way...Kind of scary giving you all the money to "do the right thing"....

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Sure, but a guy who sh@ts on a gold toilet, just doesn't seem right he gets to cry poor, on one hand, and claim he the biggest, bestest billionaire.

"Lied to"..LMFAO

I don't get your connection... So should he pay 80% to show what a badass billionaire he is...lol

That wouldn't be fair tho.
His billion$ came after being taxed.

Taxing someone twice is simply not fair.

If they don't like it they can change the tax code but we definitely need to stand in their way and stop anything they might try.

Id rather keep the failed system as it is now than ever let these idiot tyrants have their say on anything at all ever.

I think I know better but I'm willing to compromise to keep the status quo if my choices are between these 2.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Yet, that's what National Security wants to know. Who, what countries does he owe "paybacks"...er...back-scratching...ah...repay "loans" to.

The President gets a free pass... If you didn't know... The President doesn't even have a security clearance and is above all.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Just one note to this...I think we both can assume that Soros feels the same way...Kind of scary giving you all the money to "do the right thing"....

You'd choose me over Soros tho.

And I'd choose you over him.

The point Im making is that we're #d and this is just like the climate that forced Caesar to cross the Rubicon that fateful day.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

In fact the parallels between our climate and attitudes today is strikingly similar to those at the end of the Roman Republic.

Star Wars is surreal if we look at the parallels too.

Fiction and actual history tell the same story thematically and philosophically.

Our Republic is descending into tyranny quickly and Trump simply isn't strong enough to save it.

I'm not sure it's savable it's like quicksand anything you do just speeds up the sinking.

That why I keep thinking the best course is to do nothing and just think of novel solutions that are feasible which are in very short supply.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

a reply to: vonclod

You should write horror novels, cause this is the most outlandish and terrifying thing I've read in weeks...

No it's not.
Don't be an idiot.

Give me 1 good reason why 1 man legitimately has rights to more resources and wealth than millions of other humans combined?

Capitalism is a necessary evil but it must be limited otherwise we will all be slaves to #ing Jeff Bezos and all these liberal tyrants like Soros using their vast wealth to destroy republics worldwide.

You don't have 1 reason at all.
Not even a crap reason much less a good one.

Give me one good reason why any man should put a limit on my labors and the fruits of them ?

That's called slavery.

Further more you call for a global authority to enforce this slavery... Ya, no thanks.

edit on 28-9-2020 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2020 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

They Feel Nothing , they All Drank the Leftist Propaganda Coolaid and are about to be Scammed .

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. The most iniquitous plots may be carried on against their liberty and happiness."

Patrick Henry

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Apparently they are upset that he needs to pay more taxes because they want the police and military to have a bigger budget.

Defund? Bish defund ya mama, we trying megafund, tax everybady more, tax that baby over there!

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

originally posted by: chr0naut

So, he's been a business success by failing spectacularly for 10 years?

Where did his money come from, his net worth of "tens of billions", if he didn't make any money?

Total net worth is different than liquid net worth.

Many billionaires don’t have billions sitting around in cash. A) because if you have cash idling it’s not working for you and B) it’s likely locked up in a business or hard asset (RE, PPE, etc.).

Said another way, many very wealthy people have their assets locked up in a business that’s worth some multiple of TTM revenue (typically) if the business is privately held. Different businesses have different multiples for what they’re worth - and those numbers ebb and flow. But that’s how they arrive at “billionaire” status.

Also, being illiquid is common for RE guys. They might have a net worth of 50-100 million but only have a few million liquid (stocks/bonds/cash). Still wealthy, but not like folks might think - it also means that come tax time they might not be paying a lot in tax. The goal is to look at broke as possible on paper and run everything through the business or LLC.

Also, to the point of taxes, this is another reason the wealthy like art/jewelry/etc. - easier to transfer that wealth undetected to the next generation. I.e. they buy a 50k painting and then give it to their kid to hang on their wall. The kid doesn’t have 50k in cold hard cash, but they do have a 50k asset that isn’t “titled” - and their net worth is still increased by 50k.

I could go on but suffice to say, this kind of thing can get complicated.

While I understand and agree that capital growth can be tied up in investment, and also that in real-estate the term of 25 years is not excessive at all, still the question arises as to the net worth of a business venture that never seems to turn a profit on one hand, and yet makes claims of both liquidity and viability for recieving investment on the other?

Are they there to fish, or cut bait?

Neither, in many cases.

In a way, your point is conflating profitability and taxation. There’s many profitable businesses that pay zilch in tax. This goes to the point of my other post - they spend that money to get as revenue neutral as possible. Again, a huge tax bill tied to large profits is a business nono. How do they get their money out then? Pay themselves a salary, stock options, business expenses, etc.

Said another way, say you started and own a large privately held business. You pay yourself a 1mm salary. If you’ve done your budgeting right, the business already pays for your golf club, the private jet, possibly some cars, dinners, the second or third vacation home, etc. - which goes against revenue from the business. Those assets are also owned by the business which shields your liability. Win win win.

But then you have a banner year in are bringing in 20 million over your projected revenue. Yikes! Not a bad problem to have, but a problem none the less. So maybe you spend that on advertising, acquiring a second plane, buying more RE for expansion, etc. basically, you just have to spend money. The rules around a “business expense” aren’t exactly Swiss cheese but they’re not airtight either - and what’s deemed reasonable varies by business.

For instance, I had a friend who had a huge year at their business. Had to spend money. Went out and bought their family high-end snowmobiles and slapped a company logo on the side. Boom - advertising. Kept those vehicles in a garage at the business and there you go - you just got 100k+ in snowmobiles instead of giving that to the Feds.

The net effect of all of that spending is a bunch of economic activity. Which is a good thing!

This is also why none of you should fear higher corporate tax rates. All it does is incentivize business to spend more of their money. If they’re doing it right, it’ll just compound and grow their business - and supports a lot of jobs or ancillary services in the process (note, I am not endorsing higher taxes - just don’t sweat them like the media would suggest at the corporate level).

I can’t speak for Trump obviously, but I can tell you it’s hard to make money with a golf course. Much harder than one might think.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join