It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for leftists: How do you feel about being lied to about Trump's taxes?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So, after all the noise and hype what we end up with is: Trump suffered losses that mitigated his tax obligation and he used every legal option available to him to lower his taxes.

Did I miss something? I don't see a problem here.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Omg Goonies has been referenced to me 3 times in 24hours now.

What the #??

It's weird you can go 20 years without more than 1 or 2 incidents than suddenly a whole wave of them flows in all at once, totally unconnected.

My only explanation is that we're falling into a black hole and this synchronicity is a time dilation effect of the immense gravitational field.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
So, after all the noise and hype what we end up with is: Trump suffered losses that mitigated his tax obligation and he used every legal option available to him to lower his taxes.

The only tax I pay is sales tax.

If the IRS creates a tax code that exempts me and reduces my burden to zero why wouldn't I utilize it?

I think we should eliminate the federal earnings tax altogether because all they do is waste it and steal it for personal gain.

We have no need for a Fed Reserve or a World Bank.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: face23785

So, he's been a business success by failing spectacularly for 10 years?

Where did his money come from, his net worth of "tens of billions", if he didn't make any money?

Total net worth is different than liquid net worth.

Many billionaires don’t have billions sitting around in cash. A) because if you have cash idling it’s not working for you and B) it’s likely locked up in a business or hard asset (RE, PPE, etc.).

Said another way, many very wealthy people have their assets locked up in a business that’s worth some multiple of TTM revenue (typically) if the business is privately held. Different businesses have different multiples for what they’re worth - and those numbers ebb and flow. But that’s how they arrive at “billionaire” status.

Also, being illiquid is common for RE guys. They might have a net worth of 50-100 million but only have a few million liquid (stocks/bonds/cash). Still wealthy, but not like folks might think - it also means that come tax time they might not be paying a lot in tax. The goal is to look at broke as possible on paper and run everything through the business or LLC.

Also, to the point of taxes, this is another reason the wealthy like art/jewelry/etc. - easier to transfer that wealth undetected to the next generation. I.e. they buy a 50k painting and then give it to their kid to hang on their wall. The kid doesn’t have 50k in cold hard cash, but they do have a 50k asset that isn’t “titled” - and their net worth is still increased by 50k.

I could go on but suffice to say, this kind of thing can get complicated.

You don’t even have to be rich to understand. It’s just basic money managing. If your money isn’t invested, it isn’t working for you and you are losing money. Trump very well might not have a million dollars, but if he wanted a million dollars he could produce it by selling an asset. It’s not Trumps fault the common person doesn’t understand money, taxes, and investing.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The biggest issue is the 300-400 million in personal debt. Everyone with this level of debt is denied security clearances, as there is the too high a possibility of self dealing.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
The biggest issue is the 300-400 million in personal debt. Everyone with this level of debt is denied security clearances, as there is the too high a possibility of self dealing.

Again - yet another rehashed argument from 4 years ago - that relies on people not understanding the real estate business, or asset to debt ratio.
Have you guys got nothing new?

2016... NYT again...
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 28/9/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

That's exactly what we have - AGAIN. This is deja vu. Same discussions in October 2016. Same source - NYT.
Rehashed for the consumption of willing idiots.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You are so convinced of your imaginary opponents and what they think that you've lost all objectivity.

You don't have to be at Trump's seniority to have your affairs managed by shell companies or in trust or offshore trusts or any other legal tax avoidance schemes.

By tilting at "leftist" windmills, you are choosing to ignore what is in front of you.

Still, I can understand why that's better than facing reality if you are heavily emotionally invested in the man.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

The only tax I pay is sales tax.

If the IRS creates a tax code that exempts me and reduces my burden to zero why wouldn't I utilize it?

I think we should eliminate the federal earnings tax altogether because all they do is waste it and steal it for personal gain.

We have no need for a Fed Reserve or a World Bank.

Sure, but a guy who sh@ts on a gold toilet, just doesn't seem right he gets to cry poor, on one hand, and claim he the biggest, bestest billionaire.

"Lied to"..LMFAO

edit on 28-9-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Most people I hear bitching about other people's taxes, have never once in their lives paid their own taxes. They been on a payroll their whole lives, never ran a business or a non-profit. I ran a smalltime business out of new york, between 1 and 2 million before taxes. Even my smalltime business was under audit roughly every three years or so. After the third audit I got smart and got myself a tax lawyer to handle that stress for me. All I had to do was give him the bank statements and every receipt related to business and he handled all the rest. No more needing to restrain myself from getting up and clobbering some pencilneck sitting in my livingroom implying I am a liar. A load of unneeded stress off my shoulders.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
What I do not understand:

* Are these documents true or fake?

* Trump said, its "fake news". Did he lie?

* How many times would you estimated did he lie to you all?

* How many of those lies were of important matters, nationwide or international?

I could go on, but I guess you can see where I am leading you to - Trump denies everything, routinely, even with hard evidence in front of him.

Why would you believe him another word?

Probably about 50% of the time "fake news" is just news his nibs doesn't like

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I don't think billionaires should exist.

We set a lower limit on income then give welfare to help.

So we also need an upper limit on income at say 100million dollars. That's far more than anyone needs and can be further reduced.

Since the rich will flee justice the policy has to be globally enforced so there's no where to hide the treasures.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

* How many of those lies were of important matters, nationwide or international?

I could go on, but I guess you can see where I am leading you to - Trump denies everything, routinely, even with hard evidence in front of him.

100% of the time anything in the MSM is inaccurate falsehood.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

So we also need an upper limit on income at say 100million dollars. That's far more than anyone needs and can be further reduced.

Since the rich will flee justice the policy has to be globally enforced so there's no where to hide the treasures.

It's a pretty tricky thing, and won't fly..not until the world burns down anyway, but a sentiment I can agree with!

Pure unbridled capitalism is pretty far from perfect.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I hear you, there is some big time bull sh#tting going on for sure. I still think a kernel of truth at times, you just have to "un spin" it. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd a brocken clock is right twice a day

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Balance is the key to health and happiness.

This world is a pile of # currently because we are totally out of balance.

Economically mentally emotionally spiritually politically morally - everything is out of whack!
edit on 9/28/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You should write horror novels, cause this is the most outlandish and terrifying thing I've read in weeks...

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I hear you, there is some big time bull sh#tting going on for sure. I still think a kernel of truth at times, you just have to "un spin" it. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd a brocken clock is right twice a day

If time is a mere illusion than no clock was ever right because it's all an abstraction based entirely on our preferences.

But in that same vein every clock was always right if its observers considered it to be right.

3 o'clock simply never existed.
Or alternatively it exists everywhere simultaneously.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Balance is the key to health and happiness.

This world is a pile of # currently because we are totally out of balance.

Economically mentally emotionally spiritually politically morally - everything is out of whack!

I believe it!

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

If time is a mere illusion than no clock was ever right because it's all an abstraction based entirely on our preferences.

But in that same vein every clock was always right if its observers considered it to be right.

3 o'clock simply never existed.
Or alternatively it exists everywhere simultaneously.

Nice! ..time is an illusion, made to gauge our existence on this plain.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join