It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Azerbaijan and Armenia clash over disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Didn't see this posted already. Mods can remove if it is.

"Clashes have begun between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces over the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region, with at least one Azerbaijani helicopter shot down. Armenia said Azerbaijan had launched an air and artillery attack. It later declared martial law and total military mobilisation. Azerbaijan said it was responding to shelling along the whole front. Both sides have reported civilian deaths. The long-running conflict has flared up again in recent months"
BBC

I guess this ties in with troop columns moving in a few months back (if my memory serves me right).
Edit: links from ATS in relation to this:
Link1
Link2

From the norwegian paper Verdens Gang (VG), it says, according to the DPA news agency, that "all citizens over the age of 18 are asked to prepare for war"

VG

I have no further comments on this as I'm not well versed in these sort of disputes.
edit on 27 9 2020 by Skeletonized because: (no reason given)

edit on 27 9 2020 by Skeletonized because: spelling

edit on 27 9 2020 by Skeletonized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Few news sites report that Armenia has send PKK/YPG units to Nagorno-Karabakh region, i dont know is it true thought or war propaganda. If it would be true, i would guess they are headed for war .

Look`s like both sides are willing to recruit Syrian fighters , again if true...

Fatwa by Sheikh Abu al-Yaqdhan al-Masri on Going to Azerbaijan to Fight

edit on 27-9-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Looks bad with tanks and helicopters destroyed

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This twitter shows several videos about tanks destroyed on boths sides....i guess the war is on allready

Rob Lee twitter

Azerbaijan has buyed a lot weapons from Israel, and Russia seem to send weapons to Armenia.....Turkey seems to support Azerbaijan .

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i met One Armenian in my life....

back in college days, my then wife, befriended a gal named Helenee Sadd

the 'Helenee' is derived from Greece... the Sadd sounds Iranian/Persian to me

they are a overlooked people as far as genocides go

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Skeletonized

If my opinion is interesting for members of the forum, then I will speak out.
The fact is that I, a Russian, was born in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan, but left for Russia in the 90s of the last century. I have never been a citizen of Azerbaijan, immediately after the collapse of the USSR I received Russian citizenship at the Russian consulate in Baku.

I have a lot of close friends, Azerbaijanis and Armenians, my classmates. Every September we gather at Kazkaz, on the sea, with a large group of former classmates from dozens of countries in the world, and enjoy communicating in nature with barbecue and playing guitar with songs.
Now in connection with this war, for me personally, a very difficult situation. I phoned many of my friends, Azerbaijanis and Armenians, in many states. All my friends have the same opinion.

Everything that comes up is a provocation by Turkish President Erdogan. He cannot resist Russia in Syria, he decided to take revenge in the Caucasus. The current president of Azerbaijan, Aliyev, a former citizen of Russia, professor at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), the forge of cards for Russian diplomacy, decided to bend under Turkey. 2 days ago, there were many reports in the Russian media that 300 terrorists from the organization "Sultan Murad's Division" arrived in Baku on two flights from Turkey for the war in Karabakh. Erdogan wants revenge.

In fact, the whole war will end in less than a week, when Russia will once again come and give all sides, how to say without obscene expressions, blows to the heads. Putin is absolute authority in the Transcaucasus, and this conflict is another blow to Russia. Turks and Armenians fought for centuries, and only Russia could make them live in peace as part of one state, the Russian Empire or the USSR. And so it will be.
All my friends are sorry for only one thing - a lot of people will die.

Thank you for reading my opinion on this conflict to the end.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Russia should eliminate erodogen. the US would not sweat it if he was gone. just him. Erodogen started this so he cannot call article 5.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Skeletonized

Hellmutt has a long running thread about events in Nagorno-Karabakh if anyone wants to learn anything about the history surrounding this.

Sorry, I can't seem to find it to post a link.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Erdogan seems intent on stirring up # whenever he possibly can.

I don't think any of us would be too upset if he were to have an 'accident'.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Russia should eliminate erodogen. the US would not sweat it if he was gone. just him. Erodogen started this so he cannot call article 5.

It will happen someday. The Russians will defeat Turkey, occupy Constantinople (Istanbul) and give this city to the owners - the Greeks. Everyone knows about it - Russians, Greeks, and Turks.
edit on 27-9-2020 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
From the videos I've seen so far Azerbaijan is going to need a lot help from Turkey. The Azerbaijan army is rolling in with tanks lines up next to each other. The Tank commanders don't seem to have any idea what a formation is or the concept of dispersal. It looks like amatuer hour with Russian equipment. Both side have long range missiles that can reach the other capitals. Unless Europe and Russia step in and stop this it's going to get ugly real fast.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

Too right.................. When I saw the news on the BBC the other day regarding the Armenians and Azeris the first thought was, check out Hellmut's thread

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: yuppa

It will happen someday. The Russians will defeat Turkey, occupy Constantinople (Istanbul) and give this city to the owners - the Greeks. Everyone knows about it - Russians, Greeks, and Turks.

The idea that Russia will "give" the city to anybody is laughable. Remember when the Soviets gave back all that territory they seized while fighting Germany? Me neither.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mash3d

Yup, and then this stuff happens to them.

I also read that leadership in Armenia will activate the Russian made iskandar missile systems if Turkey flies out the F-16's. This marks Turkey's fourth active battle zone after Syria, Iraq and Libya. Dont forget theybalso have a dual use naval port in the Sudan and have been training soldiers for the Somali army in Mogadishu for two years now after the end of AMISOM .

I'm sure none of those poor bastards are being exported discreetly either. Saudis use sudanese mercenaries, Turks use Syrians. Although most were never actually Syrian, just remnants of the worlds psychos that poured unchecked across the Turkish border into Syria for nearly five years straight!
edit on 9-29-2020 by worldstarcountry because: replied to wrong person, fixed

Also Iran is unhappy that shells are landing on their side of the border, and have proclaimed to get involved if the activity continues.

Azerbaijan is getting in its licks as well, recently neutralizing 2 armenian tanks
edit on 9-29-2020 by worldstarcountry because: more content

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

This analysis group put out a collage footage including the fotageof the Armenian tanks loss. Its straight up tanks wars over there I see.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Some imagez today of armenia positions along the front lines of combat. You can hear the drones in the air. At one point some soldiers seek cover as they claim to hear grad missiles and expect them to impact their positions. Turns out they were fired in another direction.

Another video shows old fashion 20th century human wave storming the front lines.
This footage and much more is included in a domestic news update where it also appears they have some footage of the Syrians recruited by Turkey under false pretenses cowering in fear as shells land around them seemingly begging god for mercy??
the bbc did an interview where some of these guys help explains they were misled when offered 2000$ a month for guard positions only to find they were beingg sent to the front lines without any actual combat training. Also, the armenians released flight radar data showing Turkey F16 flight path just before the shootdown of the Armenian Su27. armenia has managed to shoot down some Harop loitering munitions drones after crossing into their airspace. Images of each action are included in each link courtesy of Armenian government.

Unfortunately these actions were not without consequence as the Azerbaijan ministry of defense released a series of videos confirming many successful hits neutralizing dozens of armenian positions and equipment. The war diary project released a collage video of those actions as well as their analysis.

That sure was alot to type up. I guess I will see what is happening in libya too.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well Azerbaijan has made some nasty offensive actions against several Armenian convoys traveling down a road/highway last night. It isnt pretty. They are making very effective use OF Turkish Bakyarat (sic?) Drones and Israeli Harop loitering munitions aka kamikaze drones. Armenia is not syria and i suspect they may target the Turkish command and control systems in the sky soon. The electronic warfare systems they possess may explain why the Armenian sixe has also lost several Pantsir S 1 anti air systems. Although it is odd because for some time Turkey was losing multiple drones a day over Libya many just after taking off from base. They must have taken lessons from that theater and applied them here in Nagorno-Karabakh for better survivability . Iran has also shot down now two Azerbaijani drones that violated their airspace as well . although they are not placing blame understanding the often spoken phrase "# happens" in war, they will still counter every violation of their border according to a spokesman

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The armenian government showed a video of their air defenses activating to counter an aerial threat over the capital city Yerevan last night, the target was said to be a uav of some kind. They have not mentioned specifically what model it was, but i personally speculate that it waz a Harop loiter munition. Obviously the Capitol would be well guarded so the only logical delivery would be a unit that does not need to return to base. It appears to be a successful intercept. I wonder if Azerbaijan was intending to attack government buildings and/or officials??

According to the AMN article , this was one of seven drones shot down over armenian territory yesterday.

The Armenian air defense forces shot down an Azerbaijani drone that was seen flying towards the capital city, Yerevan, last night.

The press secretary for  the Armenian Ministry of Defense, Shushan Stepanyan, tweeted last night:

“According to the air defense location data, as of 00:15 four UAVs were shot down by the AF of #Armenia- 1 in Kotayk, the 3 in Gegharkunik regions. The destroyed drones were all used for S and R. Thus, today a total of 7 drones were destroyed in the airspace of #Armenia.”

Kotayk is located northeast of Yerevan and deep into Armenian territory.

In the video released from Kotayk, the Azerbaijani drone can be seen being shot down as it flew over the small province in central Armenia.

This airspace violation by the Azerbaijani drone marked the first time since the start of these clashes that Armenia has shot down an enemy aircraft near its capital city.

Also I noticed in an earlier poat I wrote an su27 was shot down. It was a mistake of my fat fingers on a tiny keyboard screen at 5 am i did not notice. The actual jet was an su25, not a 27.

My suspicions were accurate, as I continued to investigate someone did post images of the disabled unit on social media.
Yerevan is summoning the Israeli ambassador as a result to discuss and no doubt protest/condemn these weapons deals with Azerbaijan. Business is business though i suppose.

edit on 10-2-2020 by worldstarcountry because: adding images

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Some action from Sunday.

On Sunday, the Artsakh Defense Army confronted a large attack that was carried out by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces along the southern and northern axes of the Karabakh region.

These attacks by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces violated the humanitarian ceasefire that was agreed upon on Saturday, October 17th.
In the short video released by the Armenian Ministry of Defense, the Artsakh Defense Army can be seen hitting a number of armored vehicles belonging to the Azerbaijani Armed Forces; thus, resulting in their subsequent destruction.

A collage of video clips showing drone attacks by azerbaijan from 10/14 -10/17
P3KeeC74ug4

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join