It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defining a Corporate Cleptocracy and the ramifications.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
We are seeing clearly now, that in a sense the West has taken a path which defines the ending of the Empire, where the colonies supply the cheap goods and labor for its sustenance, where the infrastructure collapses, the alienation of the once citizens, into opiate addiction, where para military police forces occupy the suburbs of discontent. Where the prisons themselves are busting to overflowing and pat themselves on the back for the increased business. A president who in the grand scheme of things built the Taj Mahal, closed now wherein its decline mice fought on the carpets and junkies shot up in the elevators. As we ever edge forward to the necesary totalitarianism which will be needed to sustain this model.The argument is that total collapse will have to be achieved before anything changes, and the reasons for this logical unfolding are going to be more Dystopian than any of us realised and unfortuanatly unstopable. Simply because any real government by and for the people was taken over by Corporate entities, and since America is a violent place it all starts there.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Chris Hedges gives the harsh reality of America, and paints a grim detailed picture of corporatism around the world. One of my favorite journalists.

This interview he gave is only the tip of the iceberg for him. He was one of the first people to call out the democrats, is suing Obama, and was a strong advocate for occupy wall street.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

We shall see but it's just as likely it continues to sail on. Somewhere people seriously thought there would be an uprising of support and it had a chance and now it's wallowing in it's own stupidity and stubbornness. Sure after Trump gets reelected there will be some protests and riots but it just doen't have the momentum to sustain itself.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I think the point he makes is when its on this path, everything mentioned is unstoppable, once certain foundations have been removed, free press for one. You just cant stop it.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Unfortunately it shouldn't have to be defined. A healthy free market wouldn't make it such a concern.

Unfortunately they are treated as gods gift and too big to fail. Yet we always have to help them out.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: putnam6

I think the point he makes is when its on this path, everything mentioned is unstoppable, once certain foundations have been removed, free press for one. You just cant stop it.

I have no doubt the country is at a crossroads and if nothing else. Most times when there is radical change there's a defining moment in history. It could be right around the corner or it could be 10 20 50 years down the road.

I can remember in 1979 having a speaker come in and talk about America was in it's last 1000 days, 3 years... Mostly I believe the academia takes advantage of down times and and just ponders the worst. Doom sells.Big business needs consumers and nobody consumes like Americans, that aren't going to piss on their market place. Chaos and disruption is bad for business, big business got a boost from COVID reality that they don't need huge office spaces with hundreds of on site employees among other bonuses.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Fixing the country and the world is as simple as changing our attitudes towards life and each other. Nothing is more powerful than attitude to overcome any hardship.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Fixing the country and the world is as simple as changing our attitudes towards life and each other. Nothing is more powerful than attitude to overcome any hardship.

That is so true, something our older generations know but the younger ones have no clue. I include my generation we had it easy so now this is our challenge to navigate.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Attitude is everything isn't just some maxim. It is a truth. I was taught that at a young age and have tried to pay it forward with younger generations. They need to understand our kind of society is at its best when we have positive attitudes and take personal responsibility for what we do in life. These days personal responsibility and positive attitudes are few and far between. Be the change you want. Change truly starts at the individual level with decisions made.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Defining a Corporate Cleptocracy and the ramifications.

When corporations become so powerful that they essentially ARE the government; profitable companies and banks get bogus bail out money from the taxpayers....yes that's a kleptocracy!

www.politifact.com...

www.factcheck.org...

Large international corporations don't need to exercise any financial responsibility, they control the govt. purse strings and know the taxpayer dollars will always bail them out.
edit on 26-9-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join