It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MiG-15 versus F-86 Sabre - the truth about the conflict

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Not really the point.
Your claim of 580 aircraft built as indicator is not telling the whole story.
After some modifications the f4u became one of the best planes in the Navy.

Not sure why you feel like this is a gotcha attempt when I'm only disagreeing with your opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You will also say that they all had folding wings)))

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Not really the point.
Your claim of 580 aircraft built as indicator is not telling the whole story.
After some modifications the f4u became one of the best planes in the Navy.

Not sure why you feel like this is a gotcha attempt when I'm only disagreeing with your opinion.

Do you not believe your own Wikipedia, the link to which I gave you ???
Look, you are now undermining the foundations of your propaganda.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

And the air cobra was garbage.
That's why we sold them to you....lol

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

And the air cobra was garbage.
That's why we sold them to you....lol

The greatest pilot - ace of World War II Alexander Pokryshkin - is flying on the Aircobra. He shot down 59 German aircraft.
True, he slightly improved the plane. Pokryshkin reduced the shots from all machine guns and cannons to one button. That is, he fired a simultaneous volley from all weapons ..
Russian pilots knew a lot about good airplanes, and many chose the British Airacobras, which proved their effectiveness in real battles, not simulations.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It's just as much as F4U as the "original" F4U was. Or are you also claiming that the MiG-15bis was a totally separate aircraft from the MiG-15? Or the F-16C is totally different than the F-16A? That's basically what you're claiming with the F4U.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
British Airacobras,

The P-39s were all built by Bell in the US and supplied via the Alaska-Siberia ferry route.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's just as much as F4U as the "original" F4U was. Or are you also claiming that the MiG-15bis was a totally separate aircraft from the MiG-15? Or the F-16C is totally different than the F-16A? That's basically what you're claiming with the F4U.

Let's go back to the original post by a colleague of NightFlightHavin Fun and see what plane his uncle flew on? It will be logical, right?

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

An F4U. It doesn't matter if it's an FG1, an F3A, an F4U-1P, F4U-2, they're all still F4Us. Your claim that they only built 580 F4Us is wrong. That was the initial order placed by the Navy with Vought, delivered in 1942. They expanded that order with later orders, and began license building them, hence the F3A-1, and FG-1A. All were built to the Vought design, and standards, although none of the 430 F3A-1 and F3A-1D ever reached frontline service due to production issues.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

We talked about a specific modification of a specific aircraft that our colleague's uncle flew. And about nothing else. They are trying to convict me of lying on the basis of a very dubious assumption. This is unworthy of a simple opponent. This is akin to a troll, in which for some reason they accuse me, but they try to troll me. I studied the theoretical foundations of trolling, which is quite an old science. If you wish, I can show with all the links what method of trolling they are currently trying to use against me. Let's stay logical.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

And you are wrong. There was an initial order of 584 aircraft. The different modifications of the aircraft are still F4Us. The same way that all the different variations of the MiG-15 are still MiG-15s, or the different variants of the MiG-29 are still MiG-29s.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And you are wrong. There was an initial order of 584 aircraft. The different modifications of the aircraft are still F4Us. The same way that all the different variations of the MiG-15 are still MiG-15s, or the different variants of the MiG-29 are still MiG-29s.

Everything is possible. In fact, the point is that our colleague considered this aircraft to be the best. This is his personal subjective opinion. I expressed my opinion, also subjective (IMHO), about the best Western aircraft. I was told the British Airacobra is crap. I substantiated my opinion with facts - the opinion of the aces pilots. It is this that is the subject of debate, and not the number of aircraft built with numerous modifications.
In any case, every opinion is personal and has a right to exist.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The biggest factor was the pilots. The better the training the more kills they would get. Trick is to know the strengths and weaknesses of each plane.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

This is a rare case when I agree with you, colleague)))

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You keep calling it the British Airacobra. As I said above, Britain didn't have anything to do with it. It was the Bell Airacobra, built entirely in the United States and flown through Alaska to Siberia.

You also said that only 584 Corsairs were built, which was wrong, regardless of your opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I am very glad that you completely agree with everything else that I have said. ))
Yes, I was mistaken, calling the Aircobra British, I did not know that you have such a fundamental difference. But I am very glad that all my other words did not cause objections in you. Thanks!
Note that it was not I who called the Airacobra crap. On the contrary, I defended her in every possible way.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I don't.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Don’t waste your time.
Every one of this dudes threads is “Russia is the bestest evar!”..
I figure it’s brainwashing.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Regardless as to which is the better aircraft, I'm happy to see both fly at airshows together. Wouldn't mind getting to fly either one someday.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join