It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists Found 115,000-Year-Old Human Footprints Where They Shouldn't Be

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: LABTECH767

As soon as i read the OP your first video came to mind. That shoe print is undeniable.
Mystery History what a great channel. Youtube are demonitising his video's because he speaks a lot of truths

The shoe print is natural. It's one of hundreds of similar amorphous shapes in the stone in that vicinity. This one just happens to look a little like a shoe print - or a peanut.

Homo Sapiens has been dated to 315,000 ybp from fossils found in Morocco. I don't find it odd at all that some might be found 200,000 years after that in the Arabian peninsula. I can't even see why anyone would think it would be unusual.

Harte

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
To be honest, the fossilised impressions of footprints just show that a biped had walked by. It’s a leap of faith to say they are “human”. They could be any type of Homo (Homo Sapiesn fit the timeline), or even something else.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Ok, i did not know of the hundreds of similar shapes in that area.

Thanks for informing me

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: StallionDuck

I just want to say thank you for uploading the video.

I wonder how long the Grand canyon would last if science, academia
or the elite could cover it up? I doubt it would be millions of years old
if that were possible.

There was a video I saw on Amazon not all that long ago. I might be able to find another source. It spoke about fossil beds and the sediment layers in that area that doesn't make any sense to some Geologists while others stick to the 5b year time span. Some say it's impossible because of how the sediment layers are universal around the world yet erosion didn't explain how the layers were the same everywhere but (without specifics) yet the way they're eroded doesn't match up and looks more akin to something happening 10-12 thousand years ago that could be explained by a world wide deluge.

They go on to explain how fossil beds looked more like places where many, many animals (dinosaurs) were picked up by the mad waves of water and displaced in a mess of tumbled bones in what we know as fossil graveyards. It showed also how the smaller animals all the way to the larger animals would be separated in a way that would look like fossil time records according to the layer they're in but in reality, it all happen at the same time.

I'll do my best to dig that one up. It's tinged in Christianity but the information, if you focus on just the information and for a moment exclude divine intervention, it does appear to make sense.

Though, I'm not a scientist or a geologist (though I always wanted to be a geologist) but I think I'm decently educated and I feel there is something to this.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

As soon as i read the OP your first video came to mind. That shoe print is undeniable.
Mystery History what a great channel. Youtube are demonitising his video's because he speaks a lot of truths

Besides, didn't the information show that the soles of the prints actually appeared to be sewn with threads? The imprints could be seen in the print.

Though I may be confusing 2 different stories here on the same thread unless they're the same.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Since this topic is one of my all time faves.. Here are a few vids I've watched on the subject. Out of the many I've seen, these are the most informative and most believable.

I get that some of these are a bit religious in their explanations and if you're not, that's fine... Just ignore the aspects of just that but watch on for what I feel are very plausible theories as to what happened.

The first isn't so long. It's pretty much quick to the point and lays everything out in a way you can understand it. It's not full of fluff like much of the junk we see today.

The next vid is a lecture. This lecture is very informative about the fossil layers.

The next is displacement theory. He attempts to explain the events that took place to the geology that we're left with today. It's all about the tectonics..

Unfortunately I have not found the video I've desperately searching for. It's a really good video. Lots of details, little fluff, lots of pretty pictures and very informative.

I'll keep searching. It showed specifics on sediment layers vs erosion plus fossil record information and how they came about. Out of all of the vids, it was by far the best one I've ever seen. I wish I had bookmarked it. When I saw it, I planned to post the info here but I got lazy and left it aside.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
yet the way they're eroded doesn't match up and looks more akin to something happening 10-12 thousand years ago that could be explained by a world wide deluge.

This is why marine fossils are found on mountaintops. Even the Himalayan mountains:

Polystrate fossils are trees that are found upright through geological columns. Popular theory would wish to argue this is somehow occurring over millions of years althewhile the tree remains upright and nice? No way. This proves a rapid deposition process:

Not to mention all the stray boulders that are laying around not near any mountaintop... the most reasonable explanation is a massive global flood that moved these all over the place:

They go on to explain how fossil beds looked more like places where many, many animals (dinosaurs) were picked up by the mad waves of water and displaced in a mess of tumbled bones in what we know as fossil graveyards. It showed also how the smaller animals all the way to the larger animals would be separated in a way that would look like fossil time records according to the layer they're in but in reality, it all happen at the same time.

I think you're referring to hydrologic sorting. Organisms, as well as minerals, will settle at a different layer of strata depending on size/density after being totally immersed in water.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yes that is what happens to the truth, similar thing happened to the guy that found the Ica Stones in Peru, they were from a cave that had been exposed when the river washed away the side of a mountain ravine and the farmer who found them was illiterate and poor so he started to sell these things to tourists, one European recognized what appeared to be very complex depictions of dinosaurs, human's and even medical operations or ritual sacrifice perhaps so he sent one to be dated and it came back very old indeed.

This did not sit well with Academia specifically the Smithsonian and they pulled string's that got the US state department involved, they then complained to the Peruvian authority's and the Peruvian police arrested the terrified farmer and forced him to CONFESS to having made them and them being fake.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Besides, didn't the information show that the soles of the prints actually appeared to be sewn with threads? The imprints could be seen in the print.

Though I may be confusing 2 different stories here on the same thread unless they're the same.

Yes they did say the prints appeared to be sewn with threads. But Harte knows a lot more about the topic than i do

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
This did not sit well with Academia specifically the Smithsonian and they pulled string's that got the US state department involved, they then complained to the Peruvian authority's and the Peruvian police arrested the terrified farmer and forced him to CONFESS to having made them and them being fake.

So Lab how do you know this? Seriously can you explain how the Smithsonian would do this? I mean you're making the Smithsonian into a world wide archaeology suppression organization?

Can you tell me now they do that?

Where is the department that monitors all aspects of archaeology world-wide? Who reads the 15,000 or so papers that are published each year in 50 different languages, what's the budget? Whose in charge? Why would they have influence over other countries?

www.si.edu...

Do I expect you to answer? Nope because you don't have clue how the Smithsonian or a large science organizations works or you wouldn't be repeating this stuff other people tell you to believe. LOL

www.si.edu...

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritofsoul

The fact is this planet has many civilizations yet to be found, because they are covered by 1000's of things, never to be discovered by anyone in this lifetime and many more to come.

This sentence here makes me think of when people talk about ancient “high tech/fallen angel/annunaki” type civiliations and why nothing outside of local lore and cave drawings has been found. Perhaps it could’ve been an exploration/colonization adventure. A group of 10-30 beings arent going to leave behind much, if any, of a trace. They could’ve attempted to spread their knowledge to the more primitive locals. Which could be why there was a somewhat sudden spur of advancement.

Now, i’m not saying thats what i believe with that. Just that’s the thought that popped into my head when i read that sentence of yours.

Cultural and technological advancement happens at an exponential rate. For thousands of years wars were fought with swords and bows. Then we invented firearms about 700 years ago. Wars were fought with that for nearly 600 years. Until about 70 years ago very basic missiles were invented. And now we have rockets that can go to other planets, can travel nearly halfway around the world with the capabilities of destroying entire cities. One small step in tech advancements leads to TONS of unimaginable others. Hell, 50 or so years ago a computer the size of an entire house wouldnt be able to do a fraction of what your usual cell phone can do these days.

We will almost certaintly never know.
edit on 24-9-2020 by PhatalError because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Your lack of bias is what should be of the highest order thru
out the world of science. I find that most essential to any Phd.
Thank you for your effort.
edit on 24-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
To be honest, the fossilised impressions of footprints just show that a biped had walked by. It’s a leap of faith to say they are “human”. They could be any type of Homo (Homo Sapiesn fit the timeline), or even something else.

Could be true, I'm assuming they could tell. Still not even eyebrow-raising.

Harte

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I dont think its that unusual at all. What i thought was strange was finding elephant and camel footprints together.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhatalError

originally posted by: spiritofsoul

The fact is this planet has many civilizations yet to be found, because they are covered by 1000's of things, never to be discovered by anyone in this lifetime and many more to come.

This sentence here makes me think of when people talk about ancient “high tech/fallen angel/annunaki” type civiliations and why nothing outside of local lore and cave drawings has been found.

It's not found in the lore either.

Harte

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yes they did say the prints appeared to be sewn with threads. But Harte knows a lot more about the topic than i do

This is the Fisher Canyon Print. I was thinking of the Meister print. The Meister print is the result of selective photography. This is the print with the claimed stitching, the Meister Print is where some guy wearing a shoe stepped on a trilobite. It seems the Fisher Canyon Print is just a collection of apparent lies.
See why here.

Harte

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: spiritofsoul

Sometimes I really believe that archaeologists , at least in the area of dating, are in the dark.

What if geologic things don't actually take 100's of thousands or millions of years to happen.

What if pigs can fly? What if the moon is made from Cheese?

A random person like you can't just decide that mountains of evidence and 1000's of scientists are wrong ffs.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ziplock9000

What if pigs can fly? What if the moon is made from Cheese?

A random person like you can't just decide that mountains of evidence and 1000's of scientists are wrong ffs.

Stop with the appeals to authority. Mass appeal doesn't make something true. Follow the actual evidence ffs.
edit on 25-9-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
There is no known reason why those footprints "shouldn't be there." The dating is well within the known age of Homo sapiens. Further, footprints don't equal a "civilization." The article suggests these guys were near a watering hole just like all the other animals. In other words, this is not a big deal.

I'm fine with suggesting there were "other civilizations" in the past we don't now about. Hancock and others have presented plenty of evidence for this to be true. But "civilizations" suggests cities. That's what the word means. And they didn't find cities here. They found a few footprints.
Exactly. Homo sapiens had been around almost 200,000 years at that point. They started exhibiting “behavioral modernity” 100,000-70,000 years ago: abstract thinking, planning, art, better flintknapping, etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join