It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there really had been an ancient super-advanced culture ..........

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
I think Quantum Mechanics, and especially use of waves, are the two biggest weak areas of modern technology. Where the biggest future inventions will come from.

He said while typing on his machine that utilizes the rules of the quanta practically everywhere in its workings.

Harte

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

I think Quantum Mechanics, and especially use of waves, are the two biggest weak areas of modern technology. Where the biggest future inventions will come from.

He said while typing on his machine that utilizes the rules of the quanta practically everywhere in its workings.

Harte

James Clerk Maxwell's theories of electricity predate the rise of "quantum mechanics" by decades, and are sufficient to describe very nearly ALL of what happens in a computer.

You might need QM to describe how silicon semiconductors work, but that's a stretch.

Quantum computing is starting to become a thing, though. They made lots of progress this year. A computer that actually uses QM is able to solve interesting problems that might take a normal computer literally hundreds of years to compute an answer to.

Quantum mechanics technologies are able to do crazy weird stuff. Weird to the point where science fiction authors barely even want to touch it. (Or they only scratch the outer surface, and seriously overgeneralize it.)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: Hanslune

I'm thinking during the ice age.

A wooly mamoth is easily 2 tons of food. During winter, you can use nature's refrigerator.

Beside that, I'm betting they were able to use the fat as tallow to fuel their fires, so gathering wood might not have always been necessary.

Neolithic Lake Dwellings in the Alpine Region. These folks stored meat in the lakes which had little oxygen in the water and the temperature preserved the flesh.

www.researchgate.net...

upload.wikimedia.org... gs._Wellcome_M0015374.jpg

The same thing was done by plains Indians in North America as well. www.pnas.org...

originally posted by: Hanslune

I'm thinking during the ice age.

A wooly mamoth is easily 2 tons of food. During winter, you can use nature's refrigerator.

Beside that, I'm betting they were able to use the fat as tallow to fuel their fires, so gathering wood might not have always been necessary.

Neolithic Lake Dwellings in the Alpine Region. These folks stored meat in the lakes which had little oxygen in the water and the temperature preserved the flesh.

www.researchgate.net...

upload.wikimedia.org... gs._Wellcome_M0015374.jpg

That is so awesome.

Thanks for that!

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join