It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think no matter who wins, the Vice President will be appointed President.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Pence has stuck with Trump through a lot of scandals or alleged scandals. The grab em by the [snipped] tape, the Russian collusion/obstruction probe, the Ukraine-Quid Pro Quo scandal, and many more. He could have threw Donald under the bus at any moment like John Bolton, James Mattis, Jeff Sessions, and so many others.

Pence could have sold 10 New York times best sellers, been the most beloved man in America to the Democrats, and perhaps been appointed President himself after testifying during the impeachment proceedings. And frankly, Trump is getting up there in age. It makes me think there's some kind of backroom deal where if Trump wins, Trump will resign. This will reward Pence for years loyalty and shift the spotlight away from Donald Trump, allowing the man to retire.

As for Joe Biden? Just listen to the man speak. I doubt his ability to get through a state of the union, let alone fulfill the traveling and day to day requirements of being a President. Plus the Democratic Party has an obsession with FINALLY getting us that first female President.

By year three - 2023, there's no doubt in my mind that the Vice President will be appointed President regardless of who wins. It will give Harris or Pence a year to become a household name in America and one year of experience as President. And then they can spend the fourth year campaigning and arguing the case for a first term.
edit on 22-9-2020 by Michigan72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2020 by Michigan72 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Sep 22 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: vulgarity snipped

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Again, I will vote for the best vice president. Pence is way better than Harris ever would be at running our country.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Michigan72

In year three, 2023, there's no doubt in my mind that the Vice President will be appointed President. It will give Harris or Pence a year to become a household name and one year of experience as President. And then they can spend the the fourth year campaigning.

Do you think the Vice President will be appointed President after 2020?

In the case of Trump, just... no.

The idea is quite frankly ridiculous.

Pence by himself could never run for and be President.

He is a foil, a useful tool, a really good supporting actor.

In the case of Biden, the Democratic voting base already knows they are voting for a Harris administration.

Harris in the primary won exactly ZERO delegates and got a resounding 2% of the vote before quitting.

SoOoo...

The only turnout for the Democrats this year is going to be "Orange Man Bad" voters.

With no Independent voters to speak of... we've all been called every name in the book for years because we haven't fully embraced the Burn Loot Murder (but we are loving and tolerant!!!) cult of the left.

I don't see that as working out well for the Democrats, because statistically they are only about 26% of American voters.

But a star and flag for you for your imagination!

edit on 22-9-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If it were to happen, it would be the result of the "deep state" murdering President Trump.

Biden will not win. He will lose in an absolute landslide. The left will no doubt throw a fit, and try militant litigation... along with riots and unrest... it won't work.

The only hope they have... is to give him the "JFK" treatment... this isn't without precedent.

The President's most vocal opponents, Dems and Repubs alike, are the ones most in danger of criminal prosecution.

There's your potential motive...

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Michigan72

Pence could have sold 10 New York times best sellers, been the most beloved man in America to the Democrats, and perhaps been appointed President himself after testifying duTrumpring the impeachment proceedings. And frankly, Trump is getting up there in age. It makes me think there's some kind of backroom deal where if Trump wins, Trump will resign. This will reward Pence for years loyalty and shift the spotlight away from Donald Trump, allowing the man to retire.

For sure. It's the only way any of this makes sense. I don't know if Pence will "House of Cards" Trump is he wins, but Trump is going to need Pence's pardon, one way or the other.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Pence could have sold 10 New York times best sellers, been the most beloved man in America to the Democrats, and perhaps been appointed President himself after testifying duTrumpring the impeachment proceedings. And frankly, Trump is getting up there in age. It makes me think there's some kind of backroom deal where if Trump wins, Trump will resign. This will reward Pence for years loyalty and shift the spotlight away from Donald Trump, allowing the man to retire.

For sure. It's the only way any of this makes sense. I don't know if Pence will "House of Cards" Trump is he wins, but Trump is going to need Pence's pardon, one way or the other.

It is the only way it makes sense to you.

Which does not translate into making sense to a rational person.

Pence is not there to sell books, be "beloved by Democrats" (you know, like Trump once was before he changed his job title) or anything else.

He wants to serve his country.

A foreign concept to the left.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Trump is going to need Pence's pardon, one way or the other.

Only in the mind of a liberal could such nonsense be believed.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I think he wants to be president. After a Trump win, If Trump is impeached, Pence wins. If something happens and Trump is 25th Amendmented, Pence wins. The GOP wins because Pence can run again, pretty much able to secure, unless things go real bad, another years for the GOP.

edit on 22-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Drivel.

Followed by more drivel.

Your fantasies are interesting though.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

I think he wants to be president. After a Trump win, If Trump is impeached, Pence wins. If something happens and Trump is 25th Amendmented, Pence wins. The GOP wins because Pence can run again, pretty much able to secure, unless things go real bad, another years for the GOP.

Honestly, you believe that tripe?

Pence has no desire to become POTUS which is what makes him such a great VP. I can't believe you don't see this for what it is.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Trump has 2 terms according to Kim Clemet in 2007.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This reminds me of all the predictions made during the 2016 campaign.

Trump is doing this for publicity and will drop out of the primary.

Trump won't win the primary.

Trump doesn't really want to win and will intentionally lose the general election.

Trump won't win the general election.

Trump will be impeached and/or resign.

Trump won't run for re-election.

It goes on and on. Never ending predictions of what Trump will or won't do.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Trump's ego is too big to step down, in my opinion. An ego too big to fail or be wrong is what has made home such a great president.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I genuinely feel sorry for you.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
This reminds me of all the predictions made during the 2016 campaign.

Trump is doing this for publicity and will drop out of the primary.

Trump won't win the primary.

Trump doesn't really want to win and will intentionally lose the general election.

Trump won't win the general election.

Trump will be impeached and/or resign.

Trump won't run for re-election.

It goes on and on. Never ending predictions of what Trump will or won't do.

Predictions by people who are completely out of touch with most of the country.

Progressives really do live in another world.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So you're saying the race is down to Religious Wacko versus Strong Brown Woman? I pick Giant Meteor in that case.

join