It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisville PD issues state of emergency ahead of impending Breonna Taylor announcement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is just coming in
Still some details to be gathered, But the Gateway Pundit's Cassandra Fairbanks just posted a copy of the memo obtained by journalists....

twitter.com...

What could this mean?

Does this assume that the officer will be exonerated?
Or do they anticipate violence and mayhem no matter the decision?
We will soon find out

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

If the warrant was issued incorrectly, then is it the officers' fault? It would seem to me then that the actual fault should lie farther up the food chain.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If the warrant was issued incorrectly, then is it the officers' fault? It would seem to me then that the actual fault should lie farther up the food chain.

I don't know what the heck you're talking about?
My OP didn't mention that
The link I posted was to a copy of a LMPD memo calling a state of emergency due to a pending announcement
Nothing you posted even remotely addresses those items

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
ie the Judge. that 'writ' it
a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
This is just coming in
Still some details to be gathered, But the Gateway Pundit's Cassandra Fairbanks just posted a copy of the memo obtained by journalists....

twitter.com...

What could this mean?

Does this assume that the officer will be exonerated?
Or do they anticipate violence and mayhem no matter the decision?
We will soon find out

Judging by that, either slaps on the wrists, or a dropped matter entirely. The family got their money, I highly doubt they care about anything further. They're even asking artists to cover up her image in murals in Grand Rapids. Now if THAT isn't telling.

My bet is they (family) cut a deal (for said moolah) and the public ain't gonna like it. The Street Rat Riots will begin anew.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
You're probably right
I thought that settlement happened awfully quick
usually takes a couple of years, even in the most clear cut cases

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You are probably correct. Here take this money but you agree to not persecute this any further and we can just sweep everything under the rug.

In this case there is no need to riot because there was an agreement between the parties. However all the anarchist and white supremacist agitators will use this as an excuse to cause trouble.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It looks like the Feds are closing up shop for the week in L-Ville too
something's about to happen

Some federal buildings in downtown Louisville, Kentucky will be closed this week in a move believed to coincide with an expected announcement by Attorney General Daniel Cameron and his office's investigation into the killing of Breonna Taylor.
The Gene Snyder United States Courthouse will be closed to the public through Friday, September 25, according to an order by Greg Stivers, US District Court for the Western District of Kentucky. All scheduled in-court appearances will be continued or converted to videoconference proceedings at the discretion of the presiding judge, the order says.

www.cnn.com... 17%3A55%3A05

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Something Is Rotten In The State Of Denmark.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yeah, those damn White Supremacists
all 10k of them
Just move from state to state causing trouble
Have you ever had an original thought in your head that didn't involve Leftist talking points?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

You are probably correct. Here take this money but you agree to not persecute this any further and we can just sweep everything under the rug.

In this case there is no need to riot because there was an agreement between the parties.

Cutting out the useless conversational pork comment, and getting to the meat of it here.

Personally, I think it went down more like this, in all likelihood:

"We won't drag this out in the media and in court if you pay up immediately. We'll go away quietly into the shadows and never come after you again. How does a reasonable $12 mil sound, instead of suing for a couple hundred million?"

If I were the lawyer team for the PD, I'd be all over that offer like white on rice. It would be an EASY pre-emptive out for both sides not really up for everything the drawn-out #storm alternative would entail.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This stuff is getting kinda scary.

Could we also be in store for a government shutdown?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I meant if they have to announce that the officers aren't being charged (or not being charged with murder) because they went somewhere by mistake and things happened.

That won't make the mobs happy because they'll want direct justice and may not get it. That doesn't and won't mean no one is at fault, but that the fault may lie higher up the food chain.

edit on 21-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

In this case there is no need to riot because there was an agreement between the parties.

Cutting out the useless conversational pork comment, and getting to the meat of it here.

"We won't drag this out in the media and in court if you pay up immediately. We'll go away quietly into the shadows and never come after you again. How does a reasonable $12 mil sound, instead of suing for a couple hundred million?"

If I were the lawyer team for the PD, I'd be all over that offer like white on rice. It would be an EASY pre-emptive out for both sides not really up for everything the drawn-out #storm alternative would entail.

I'd bet it has something to do with Breonnas name not being dragged through the mud because of her very real connections to criminal activity.

All of that would come out in a big case, and the family attorneys likely decided they could not win that game.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
This stuff is getting kinda scary.

Could we also be in store for a government shutdown?

Probably not, but this SoE isn't for nothing, they seem to hint Louisville is expecting the worst.

I'm going to guess that Federal police to protect federal property is probably in order, and the NG might be an option, depending on how the animals conduct themselves.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

In this case there is no need to riot because there was an agreement between the parties. However all the anarchist and white supremacist agitators will use this as an excuse to cause trouble.

LOL throwing white supremists in there LOL if there there is rioting and BS it's BLM and anarchist losers period. The KKK and thier ilk are laying low.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Nyiah

I'd bet it has something to do with Breonnas name not being dragged through the mud because of her very real connections to criminal activity.

All of that would come out in a big case, and the family attorneys likely decided they could not win that game.

That's also possible, but I really think the family is less media-hungry than advertised via it. I think they just wanted adequate compensation, and for everyone to leave them be afterward. I get the distinct feeling they didn't want to be a part of this crap at all, and want that distance a lot.

I may be projecting here, but that's the route I'd take, even if the dead relative wasn't as squeaky clean as portrayed. Not everyone is ok with being used as a cause pawn.

link   

They may have settled just to put pressure on Daniel Cameron. A local article tipped the hat mentioning it.

I don't know why exactly, I doubt he's really close to the top of the nominations board even being Mitch's guy. He could be, but I would say that's what got him the mention.

He's going to be running against Andy Beashear for our Governor spot most likely,as I don't believe Andy's test for the big time went as well as expected. It snowballed fast and picked up steam, then a steady nosedive of a cliff when Adolph Andy came out.

You should have seen the people so easily appeased in the beginning from his coloring book hour. Dems loved it, because he had a children's segment as to easily explain the virus to them.
edit on 9/21/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hopefully, the mob will see through the bull and abandon their reaction because the family sold out the cause and were bought off.

I know I'm dreaming, but it would help bring a little credibility to the real protestors if they made it a point.

After which, they really need to "mob" Chicago and get in front of these shootings and killings every weekend. The numbers are staggering.

Quite frankly, there's a MASS SHOOTING every week in Chicago. Period.

Media? Mostly silence.
edit on 9/21/2020 by EternalShadow because: eta, correction

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Her boyfriend shot through the door and hit a cop in the leg supposedly. The cops returned fire and Breanna got hit in the the process. The cop is off the hook.

As for the city they better call in the national guard the marines and the 82nd airborne because the literal # is gonna hit the fan.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join