It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take Me Home, Country Roads covers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I have fallen so in love with this song. I have a playlist of the various covers of it, but this is at the top of the list. The Vitamin String Quartet- great for weddings

Another interesting version.
My little boy is really into this version and the original. I fully intend to help him learn it and maybe he'll sing it for me one day!

The real deal, for those who wanna give it a listen.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

edit on 140000000602pmb20America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The absolute best version of this song, is when 60,000 fans sing it following a Mountaineer win...

(West Virginia University home football games, for those that don't follow American sports...)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I love that song, our English teacher would riff his guitar to it and we would all sing that song with true passion. Well most of us!

I am sailing is also one of my favorites but "country roads" was the best! German school!

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
it's a great song. But I'm a metalhead.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I grew up on that sound, my grade 2 teacher used to play it on piano all the time.

In grade 1, they tried to make me listen to cassettes and I used to listen to Dr. Hook instead.
At 16, I got to eat dinner with them and we did their sound and it was like a boyhood dream come true.

I was lucky to grow up musical, sorry if I am straying from your thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A couple different style covers.

edit on 21/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Leo is THE BEST! I am addicted to his channel.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: HummaKavula

He has a lot of good!

Glad you like.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I love hearing about other's childhood music links! Not straying at all!

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I love the Toots and Maytals version too! That was the first "other" version I heard.
I feel sheepish admitting this, but the thing that got me really into the song was the movie Alien: Covenant. Now my heart is set on my 4 year old wearing overalls, a cowboy hat, and maybe a guitar to strum a couple notes on- and him sing it! If that ever happens, I will share it here.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Toots and the Maytals are awesome. It's too bad they never really got the level of fame Bob Marley did.

Sadly Toots died a couple weeks ago. I thought of posting a thread about it here, but didn't think there'd really be anyone here who even knew who he was.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Country roads cover for the weebs

edit on 21-9-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Much agreed. The Toto Africa is when I learned of Leap Frog. And a few other honorable mentions. I'm in my 50's and this guy keeps them coming.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to: Bigburgh

F'ing fantastic.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Quality tune, you can find about 100 drunk Scottish people belting this out near the end of every wedding reception or family party. I also get the urge to play songs on repeat once they get stuck in my head. Last week singing along in the car every night it it was Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton, this week it’s Everybody’s Talkin by Harry Neilson.

I listen to predominantly rock, blues and soul although right now my guilty pleasure is Charles Manson (yes that guy).

edit on 22/9/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I don’t suppose our American cousins over the pond know this but the song was adopted a few year ago by Manchester United fans and sung at most games change of words though.

Take me home United road
To the place I belong
To Old Trafford
To see United
Take me home United road

Search YouTube champions 20 take me home United road
edit on 22-9-2020 by redchad because: (no reason given)

join