It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fin CEN Documents Leak and the dirty $2 trillion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This article on the bbc indicates that the UK is a hub for dirty money

Leaked documents involving about $2tn of transactions have revealed how some of the world's biggest banks have allowed criminals to move dirty money around the world.

it also indicates that some of that money was being donated to the tory party

over 3000 UK companies are named in the Fin CEN files leak

this is pretty big news , the UK is named as a hub for dirty money laundering by the US security services

Fin CEN files : all you need to know about the documents leak

what are the files

The FinCEN files are more than 2,500 documents, most of which were files that banks sent to the US authorities between 2000 and 2017. They raise concerns about what their clients might be doing.

what is fincen

FinCEN is the US Financial Crimes Enforcement Network

and this statement here in the report
is pretty damning , the government have allowed this to happen and even suggests they knew about it and were taking money to allow it to happen

The UK is called a "higher risk jurisdiction" and compared to Cyprus, by the intelligence division of FinCEN. That's because of the number of UK registered companies that appear in the SARs. Over 3,000 UK companies are named in the FinCEN files - more than any other country.

edit on 21-9-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
How many banks over the years have been caught doing the money for the mobs and drug trade ? Quite a few IMO. They get fined a few million while they make many millions of dollars doing illegal transactions for whoever has the big bucks... It is what it is whether we like it or not. The government seems to be content as they always get a slice of the action through fines. No one goes to jail.....

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yeh they even mention the previous leaks in the article about who was linked to dirty cash before
but they say this is different this time as there are multiple banks sending these SARs instead of just one or two
there is more evidence now than before

I hope that this time the # sticks and people go down for this , we need to heavily regulate the banks they are just money laundering outfits for crime, we bailed the banks out last time and this is another knife in the back of the people

the government looks like its taking donations to turn a blind eye

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

www.abc.net.au...

"The FinCEN files: Dirty little secrets of the world's banks revealed in mass US government leak"

The records show five global banks — JPMorgan, HSBC, Standard Chartered Bank, Deutsche Bank and Bank of New York Mellon — kept profiting from powerful and dangerous players, even after US authorities fined these financial institutions for earlier failures to stem flows of dirty money.

Usual suspects getting away scott free again

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

then the US government should seize all of their assets held in the US and ban them from operating in US shores
they repeatedly ignored the warnings so it seems

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   

JPmorgan are virtually untouchable. They are in bed with the Fed Resetve

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

JP Morgan , there is a bank here in Glasgow
the employees always look really sad

it is near my office on bothwell street

I wonder if Donald will do anything about them

i hope that the banks involved and the criminals are all caught and the banks pay up for their crimes.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

then the US government should seize all of their assets held in the US and ban them from operating in US shores
they repeatedly ignored the warnings so it seems

What? And anger the democrats and republicans that also have ties to the dirty banks?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

www.abc.net.au...

"The FinCEN files: Dirty little secrets of the world's banks revealed in mass US government leak"

The records show five global banks — JPMorgan, HSBC, Standard Chartered Bank, Deutsche Bank and Bank of New York Mellon — kept profiting from powerful and dangerous players, even after US authorities fined these financial institutions for earlier failures to stem flows of dirty money.

Usual suspects getting away scott free again

And people wonder why the rich keep getting richer? The same elite people that use social justice to get elected, but somehow become millionaires once elected?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Nice post. We had a member recently describe a hassle they were having with their financial institution (USAA IIRC), and it was pretty clear that the member was bumping up against Know Your Customer (KYC) policies at the firm. KYC is supposed to ensure that banks/financial institutions have visibility on the origin and movements of cash for their clients.

BUT BUT BUT as we know too well....such trivialities and burdens are for the little fish. When you're entire raison d'etre as a financial institution is to shuttle the illicit proceeds of state level criminals around the globe, it's funny how the rules seem to be laid aside.

If only we could all have access to a cohort of international lawyers to set up shell corporations to aid us in keeping our money 'dark'.
edit on 21-9-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Yeah, where's Don and his supposed "swamp draining" on this issue???
..........Crickets.

That guy has sucked so many people in.

The big banks here in Australia are involved.... again.... and our right wing government won't do squat, just like last time, and neither will your "swamp draining" moron.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This has been going on fro decades and everyone here knows it is so true. So why do they drop this information now is really the big question.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: homerJ

yeh I wait to see what the government do Ive emailed my MP to ask in prime ministers questions about the tory donations and the 3000 plus UK companies involved

i wonder what our right wing government will do

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The City Of London has always been a hub for money laundering, that's why it was created.
Remember when Brexit was confirmed and the banks said they would move abroad?
Well not may went and they won't either.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I was reading last night how our loving HSBC bank is deeply involved in laudering money from the mexican cartels.
Cleaning the blood money that causes so much suffering and misery in this world..
Making evil people who use chainsaws to murder their oponents rich.
This is no surprise for me as they have been busted for the same thing before.
This is consistent behaviour for them.
After all,HSBC(the hong kong shanghai banking corporation)was created to syphon blood/opium money out of China back to Britain during the opium/boxer wars.

I will watch BBC news I thought,lets see if they mention it...

Surprise! /s -no they didn't-Instead they focus on some obscure Russian(the horror)lady whos been donating to the consrvative party.

Stick to natural history BBC,you are good at that.
Your news "journalism" however,sucks ass at best and is proagandist claptrap at worst.

HSBC's origins and the opium trade:

www.unpublishedarticles.com...

HSBC's own made up story on their origins,failing to mention anything to do with the opium trade:

www.hsbc.com...

The international banking system is a crime syndicate.Nothing more.

Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

sdbullion.com...

Price rigging by JP Morgan

www.gata.org...

"John Kim: Morgan trader's spoofing case still could help liberate gold and silver markets"

5 years after the 2008 GFC.....

JP Morgan Chase to pay record $US13 billion penalty for behaviour leading up to sub-prime mortgage crisis

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
That was me.

Anyway, everyone in the UK knows about Russian and Chinese money laundering. Its the only thing propping London house prices up.

a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
ETA,
nothing happened with the Panama papers, so dont see this making a stink either.

edit on 21-9-2020 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

nothing happened with the Panama papers, so dont see this making a stink either

Exactly, I was going to mention the papers in my post but then I got sidetracked.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If you're not working for profit every day, chances are YOU are someone's "for profit".

Sounds like normal events to me.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Kinda like this OP. old ATS woulda been all over this. I find it extraordinarily important.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join