It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utopia - TV Series , strange parallels with current events.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Just been re-watching Utopia as it sort of passed my be when it was first aired.

Has anyone else watched it recently and realised the parallels with current events?

en.wikipedia.org...(British_TV_series)

"A community of comic book fans believe the graphic novel The Utopia Experiments predicted several disastrous epidemics, such as BSE. A rumoured unpublished sequel supposedly contains further information on future world events. When one Utopia enthusiast procures the manuscript, he invites four of his friends from an online forum to meet in real life. However, after getting their hands on the manuscript, the four — Ian, Becky, Wilson, and Grant — find themselves in over their heads, as a secret organisation only known as "The Network" is after it. They find their lives systematically dismantled, while Network operatives kill anyone in their way as they hunt for the manuscript and someone named Jessica Hyde.

Jessica, who has been on the run from The Network her entire life, meets with the group and helps them evade capture. Meanwhile, other characters find themselves ensnared in The Network's orbit, and through their interactions with its agents, the organisation's purpose and secret plot come into focus. The closer people come to understanding what's truly going on, the more dangerous things become. As rumors of "Russian flu" proliferateworldwide and a variety of groups and individuals close in on the protagonists, they try to solve the web of mysteries and conspiracies around them."

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Been saying this from the start of this plandemic, it's like UTOPIA. Been telling those that have not seen it to go watch it.
Yup it's like the whole 'they have to tell you what they plan before they do it' thing yet again.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Yep saw it a few years ago when it was aired by C4, it’s well worth watching even if it didn’t mirror current events. There’s quite a few plot twists and surprises along the way.

No spoilers from me but it will be a very different world by 2030.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
Been saying this from the start of this plandemic, it's like UTOPIA. Been telling those that have not seen it to go watch it.
Yup it's like the whole 'they have to tell you what they plan before they do it' thing yet again.

I keep hearing about the whole telling us before doing something concept but I can't find anything on it. Mind directing me where I can find more info?

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
One of the best TV shows in recent times. Filmed in and around my home city, Liverpool.
Caused an absolute Uproar in the Daily Mail due to that "school scene". A show that hit very close to home on so many levels.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Where can one find this to view?

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Dodgy download. Magnetdl.com

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

Try looking into event 201 with regards to covid.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Brilliant series - loved it, "Where is Jessica Hyde" wwooooaaahhh.

I see US have tried to remake it. Wast of time - the original is ACE!

Everyone should watch it...

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yeah this was awesome! Watched at the time of release. I believe 3rd season was canned due to 'parallels' with another virus in reality (swine flu maybe).... Spooky!

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GrassyNoel
Yeah this was awesome! Watched at the time of release. I believe 3rd season was canned due to 'parallels' with another virus in reality (swine flu maybe).... Spooky!

It does make you think a bit.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The UK version is available to stream on Amazon Prime (s1 s2)

The USA remake is available on Amazon Prime later this year, maybe October I think.

I read a recent interview with Dennis Kelly (writer) in which he says the US version is being adapted very well but with some changes and additions to the characters. He is not involved with the US version. He also said he wouldn't rule out a 3rd series but don't hold your breath.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NinjaCougar
The UK version is available to stream on Amazon Prime (s1 s2)

The USA remake is available on Amazon Prime later this year, maybe October I think.

I read a recent interview with Dennis Kelly (writer) in which he says the US version is being adapted very well but with some changes and additions to the characters. He is not involved with the US version. He also said he wouldn't rule out a 3rd series but don't hold your breath.

Watching it on Amazon Prime now, 5⭐

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I binged it and freaked me out. I cannot even imagine what they could include in a second season that could one up the creep factor or parallel our current events.
Definitely one that everyone should watch.

top topics

join