It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ratched... good stuff !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
At first I didn't pay much attention when it was announced that this TV series was coming up but.... Later I noticed that Sharon Stone was in it...that did draw my attention to have a closer look. I mean..Sharon Stone..chances it be interesting became much greater. It was then I learned there are some other brilliant actresses performing in this TV series. There is Sarah Paulson which is a very good actress which I enjoyed watching in American Horror Story. I am not so very familiar with Cynthia Nixon and Judy Davis but recognise them from TV series and films I have watched in the past and are very professional performers.. And then I noticed something I had seen before in the way Judy Davis was acting and made me smile.

What happened... if you have seen the movie Absolute Power with Gene Hackman and Clint Eastwood you know exactly what I mean. It is as if the story line from episode 5 is especially written for her because it is almost the same as she played it with Gene Hackman in Absolute Power. And she played it brilliant and very funny. As you can understand I will not spoil the fun and tell you what it is I mean...you really need to see it yourself and if you have seen Absolute Power you know exactly what I am talking about.

Anyways..it is a great TV series and can recommend it highly..great story with great acting.

edit on 19/9/2020 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara
The sets are lavish and the costuming robust. The cars are primo 1940s vintage. The whole show is a feast for the eyes. The musical score is ominous suggesting a constant Machiavellian tone of manipulation.

There is a ton of madness in the institution that is not limited to the patients.
My wife and I decided to not stream the whole series but rather take the episodes singly to stretch it out.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Absolutely...now that you mention it, I was thinking where the darn holy automobile saint did they got these beautiful mint condition cars from. Someone is doing good business hiring them out to the studio thats for sure. As if it is one big CGI project..even the streets are clean. I was born in 64 but can surely appreciate how the women in those days paid attention to their public appearance.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Another eye feast was Broadway Empire. Atlantic City circa 1925ish. Costuming was elegant and the early autos excellent. Many of the cars were limos at the time because they were owned by the rich mobsters and those cars were really something. The art deco throughout was boss. I always have loved art deco from that period and that just made it better for me.

A lot of the scenes in that one were placed in or around some of the ''clubs'' in that era and the music was just jammin, lots of rag , dixieland and bluesy jazz.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
The sets are lavish and the costuming robust. The cars are primo 1940s vintage. The whole show is a feast for the eyes. The musical score is ominous suggesting a constant Machiavellian tone of manipulation.

There is a ton of madness in the institution that is not limited to the patients.

What a well written review.

top topics

join