It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this important that it transcends death?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I am baffled by all this. I enjoy the fray of politics. But if it came down to the end, I was dying, about to be six feet under forever......would I still give a rats ass about politics?

According to a statement obtained by NPR, Ruth Bader Ginsburg told her granddaughter just days before her death that her "most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

www.cnn.com...

So here is a woman who has been fighting cancer for years and is in the end days of life. And her wish is to be sure the politics of the living go on unabated?

Then there is Biden. He is not able to do anything without a teleprompter, yet seems to think he can run the nation? Why isn't this man enjoying his grand kids for a few years before he dies? Why is the political end game so damn important? There has to be something there driving all this. But for the life of me, I cannot imagine what could be so important that it would transcend death.

I'm, reminded of Kali. I sparred with her often, I never had a chance to get to know here on a friendship level as many here did. But in her last days, she realized how foolish the bickering was and had good talks with all of us, myself included. She brought a perspective to this that we all seem to miss at times.

And then Benevolent Heretic did the same when she had her stroke. She would scrap with the best of them, but after her stroke, she would spend hours trying to type out a post here, just to say something friendly and positive. She got it as well.

So what is really going on here? Why is THIS so damn important that people who are dying are willing to spend their last breath to unseat Trump. We have had almost 4 years of him. He has said some dumb things, pissed some people off, but largely did a good job. (YMMV) No new wars, built a good economy, and is working on bringing troops home from the previous endless wars. If nothing else, he didn't needlessly kill a bunch of our kids. So with him in charge, we can expect diplomatic vs militaristic responses to issues. A continued effort for peace in places that haven't known peace for generations. Again, if you don't like him that's cool. But hate him for real reasons.

I'd love to hear some ideas. I doubt we can count out the really nutty ideas either. The problems seems to be a bit over the top in and of itself.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

To hate someone is wrong imo. I dislike the man for his tomfoolery and childish behavior.
For the most part I try to keep a cool head here unless I feel like trolling. As you witnessed the other day

All in all great thread, but I really don’t have much else to add. But this

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Are you calling her a liar?

Or RBG was somehow something because of her opinion on Trump?

Why attack anyone with an opinion other than worshipping trump.

Are you angry at her final words against the God?

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

It's all about legacy to the left.

They had to elect Hillary to continue Obama's "legacy".
Then they had to elect Biden to "save" Obama's legacy.

Now the left says Trump has to nominate a progressive to save Ginsburg's legacy.

(When they're not knocking down statues and burning books to eliminate others legacies)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I'd ask why you have to be this way, but I already know.

Aside from your TDS, what do you suppose makes removing Trump more important than your final moments on Earth?

link   
Human beings are really easy to control but there is only ONE thing that we all understand....pain and suffering which humbles ourselves and makes us to take a hard look at ourselves and nothing else.

We get lazy, love comfort and need our ears tickled. We want to be praised by others and respected. We ALL want to be special and we are in our own way....

Ruth has been a bitch her whole life and she died one too. Being a bitch is not grounds for a HELL punishment but enough for her suffering on this planet which she had for decades...

Ever hear the ....the GOOD die young? Ruth was 87.....

originally posted by: network dude
I am baffled by all this. I enjoy the fray of politics. But if it came down to the end, I was dying, about to be six feet under forever......would I still give a rats ass about politics?

According to a statement obtained by NPR, Ruth Bader Ginsburg told her granddaughter just days before her death that her "most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

www.cnn.com...

So here is a woman who has been fighting cancer for years and is in the end days of life. And her wish is to be sure the politics of the living go on unabated?

Then there is Biden. He is not able to do anything without a teleprompter, yet seems to think he can run the nation? Why isn't this man enjoying his grand kids for a few years before he dies? Why is the political end game so damn important? There has to be something there driving all this. But for the life of me, I cannot imagine what could be so important that it would transcend death.

I'm, reminded of Kali. I sparred with her often, I never had a chance to get to know here on a friendship level as many here did. But in her last days, she realized how foolish the bickering was and had good talks with all of us, myself included. She brought a perspective to this that we all seem to miss at times.

And then Benevolent Heretic did the same when she had her stroke. She would scrap with the best of them, but after her stroke, she would spend hours trying to type out a post here, just to say something friendly and positive. She got it as well.

So what is really going on here? Why is THIS so damn important that people who are dying are willing to spend their last breath to unseat Trump. We have had almost 4 years of him. He has said some dumb things, pissed some people off, but largely did a good job. (YMMV) No new wars, built a good economy, and is working on bringing troops home from the previous endless wars. If nothing else, he didn't needlessly kill a bunch of our kids. So with him in charge, we can expect diplomatic vs militaristic responses to issues. A continued effort for peace in places that haven't known peace for generations. Again, if you don't like him that's cool. But hate him for real reasons.

I'd love to hear some ideas. I doubt we can count out the really nutty ideas either. The problems seems to be a bit over the top in and of itself.

link   

Well if your going to exclude nutty ideas I can't post here.
And I had some good ones previously asking this in a number of
threads.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Its really quite simple.

Humans are shallow simple beings and judge on face value jumping to conclusions based on very little.

Trump has the personality of a arrogant entitled condescending over achiever who ruffles feathers with every breath he takes - but he underneath that is a very calculated intelligent individual.

This exact recipe is the torment of all self entitled individuals who believe they hold a higher than average entitlement rating.

Trump may be feral but he is dragging the country along a more moral path of advancement even if the country is kicking and screaming and the self entitled jealous wanna bees are besides themselves and will as witnessed countless times do and say anything in absolute denial to chip away at biological trump tower.

Common man relates (to trump) and those 3 simple words are highly toxic to the efforts of 'the others'

"So what is really going on here" - clutching at straws and nothing else, they know they've lost but will ride that wave all the way to the shore.........idiots.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

To hate someone is wrong imo. I dislike the man for his tomfoolery and childish behavior.
For the most part I try to keep a cool head here unless I feel like trolling. As you witnessed the other day

All in all great thread, but I really don’t have much else to add. But this

what's really funny is I dislike his childish behavior, but tolerate it because I look at the results and am pleased with them.
I'd bet that most of the things you find offensive, are also noticed and felt by a few on the right. Even by his "supporters".
He has been Donald Trump his whole life. Possibly the most consistent person in the public eye. And not always for good reasons.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

threads.

I said we CANNOT exclude the nutty ones. This topic is nutty from the gate.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

TDS much?????

He's not attacking her- he's asking why she would say such nonsense at such a typically sensitive time before someone's passing.

If that's her true last statement then good ridance to a clearly misplaced person of authority.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

threads.

I almost went the biblical route with this, but I just can't do it. I'm a believer, just not a thumper. But I treat the Bible as a guide not a history book. I'd be more than surprised to hear it was spot on with any prediction based on how many times the stories were passed along before they made it to print. (reminded of the telephone game)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Trump could have been enjoying his billions but chose to take on possibly the largest responsibility in the world as POTUS.
I think he is qualified to replace her.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I almost went the biblical route with this, but I just can't do it. I'm a believer, just not a thumper. But I treat the Bible as a guide not a history book. I'd be more than surprised to hear it was spot on with any prediction based on how many times the stories were passed along before they made it to print. (reminded of the telephone game)

I thought you were talk'n about nutty ideas?

Seriously I try not to be a thumper but I get caught up in the whole
refuse to deny Jesus thing and away we go. But I will refrain.

Carry on sir

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Overall?
No, it isn't important. AT ALL.
The life you live and how you live it, is what is important. Being kind. Loving those who love you, and just ignoring those that don't.

Maybe in her last days, given that she gave her life to the law, she was just wanting her legacy to be remembered for a little while after she was gone, before the fighting, that I'm sure she knew would start, began?

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Politics have become identity politics (everyone identifies with their group) and in doing so they take politics personally.

If you feel like you or your loved ones are being treated unjustly then you will desire justice (in order to obtain peace and/or happiness you will seek justice).

If you identify with a political side and you seek justice (if you judge instead of humbling yourself) then identity politics will enslave you. If you judge then you cannot be at peace without being justified.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Statements like that from somebody like RBG are proof of mental illness and sever upper stage TDS 😃

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I almost went the biblical route with this, but I just can't do it. I'm a believer, just not a thumper. But I treat the Bible as a guide not a history book.

Well, the Bible certainly answers your question for you, as I'm sure you already know...

John 12:25 - He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

John 12:43 - For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

1 John 2:15-16 - Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Ginsburg was obviously so wrapped up in her worldly life and the praise of her peers that she didn't make room or consider what was important.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Because they are slaves.
To what is the question. Greed? Blackmail?
They have all made more than enough to retire on and probable enough for their kids to retire too(if they lived like the rest of us.
Why else would you even get your blood pressure up of this nonsense?

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

threads.

I said we CANNOT exclude the nutty ones. This topic is nutty from the gate.

Dope I missed this post sorry lol I feel stupid lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join