It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tourism is really bad these days in Asia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

I know there's several of us here that live in Asia different parts of Asia that is and we all see the same thing stores closed travel agencies closed airports empty areas are deserted like many many deserted little towns it's really really bad.
Most of us that live near tourist towns or see the travel agencies on a daily basis empty closed down it's really a sad situation the airports are empty or near empty traveling overseas like what you really their airplanes are still flying overseas it's kind of like that type of attitude recently.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Asians don't like other ethnic groups, some more than others, so this is ace.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: musicismagic

Asians don't like other ethnic groups, some more than others, so this is ace.

I heard well actually I had no I heard many times that and the tourist business money talks.
But you are right I'd love to travel to a few other Asian countries but unfortunately well well actually you can't travel now anyway but in the past going to Korea or Hong Kong or Thailand I mean I could do it but the other half it put a big stop sign in front of me because of what you're talking about yeah so it's real it's very real.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Some of the countries in Asia require a 14 day quarantine in an approved quarantine hotel at very expensive prices. Considering the normal Visas are for 30 days why would anyone go any place where you lose control of doing anything but being stuck at a hotel for two weeks ?

Yes millions have lost their livelihoods and businesses.

The big boys who own most everything anyway are crapping their pants and losing big bucks....they (hisos) are trying to entice the big spenders to please come back (even the Chinese who started this pandemic).

In the mean time airlines are cancelling frequency of flights and jacking up the prices on those that remain while doing furloughs of employees as all businesses dealing with tourism are hurting big time.

Golf courses are even doing specials around here to try and get people to travel to play..50% off on green fees and hotel rooms etc etc.. Many were to expensive to begin with, as only the Hisos played and could afford the old prices.

The world has changed as far as travel and good places to go to IMO. I just hope things get better soon for there are allot of people who are hurting.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

What's a hisos

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

High-society, context.... I agree with 727Sky, why would anyone travel now, with quarantine on arrival and possible quarantine after arrival in home country.

It just not makes sense. We had a great vacation inside our country, I will start to visit more places and will not set a foot into a plane for the next two years for sure. Until we can leave this insanity behind, although I want to travel to a warm country with nice reefs and beaches, just not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It’s gotta be Trump’s fault somehow.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul
a reply to: 727Sky

What's a hisos

Hi society ... the richly rich

Besides the 14 day quarantine they also require a doctors note saying within the last 72 hours you were COVID free. That and the $100,000 medical insurance policy have just about killed any prospect of a rapid recovery .. The Chinese will do a group thing for everyone if they decide to come back whereby the normal tourist is pretty much out of luck as far as a hassle IMO.

I for one will be glad when and if this stuff goes away....if ever....
edit on 727thk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I’m super pissed at many Asian countries. Travel would have been possible if they just allowed tourists that test before flight and quarantine for a while after arrival. But no! Almost all Asian countries are still shut off completely for people outside of Asia. I love Asia but I hate it. Now they only want wealthy tourists. While I could now travel to Thailand or Cambodia, their approach to only allow wealthy tourists is a no-go for me. Not that I could not afford it. But in my opinion what made Asia so great is that whole backpacker vibe they had going on there. Now I imagine Asia with just a couple of 5-star hotel tourists - I was twice in such a setting because of family visiting when I was traveling Asia: it’s so dull and boring. No way I want to travel Asia without the hippie backpackers and expats present.
On another note. Some said at least nature could recover during this time. But then it was always the Asian tourists that had no sense to be careful when in nature. Stepping on corals because they cannot swim, stressing out wild life because they have no sense for the well-being of creatures, polluting everything because they just throw their trash away wherever they stand.
I hope there won’t be any tourism from the Europe, US, Australia or NZ for a while, so they learn to appreciate western tourists and the backpackers foremost.
Sorry for not making distinctions among Asian countries, they are certainly there. Some are more ungrateful and more racist than others. However, I hope yall go bankrupt and learn your lesson.
I’ll be traveling Subsaharan Africa for now. My heart is longing for adventure. Something I cannot have in Asia right now - let alone Europe. Europe is #ing boring, I cannot stand it.
On another note, also # Australia, NZ and the US. The US has way more cases than my home country (Switzerland) yet I cannot travel there. #it, I hate 2020 and all countries that lock themselves up. Africa here I come again - not North-Africa, you suck too because you had me locked up and were so damn proud about it.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalCK
You confuse the government with the citizens here, you throw them all into one basket.

Just remember that as a foreigner, you have zero rights do demand entry to any country. It's each countries right to lock down, regardless your or my personal opinion.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain
I’m aware of that. Just ranting my frustration.

new topics

top topics

join