It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would cause you to marry more?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I knew my wife was the one (married 14 years now) when it dawned on me that her crazy was a good fit for my crazy.

physical attraction will fade with time, you better like the person you are with when that happens or you are getting a very expensive divorce.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

Definitely worth 2 cents. Galvanizes everything I feel about
my wife for sure. Good post.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

What would cause you to marry more?

Strange question, I hesitated to look at. Marry if understood correctly should only occur once. Unfortunately I suppose that lesson is no longer taught by the elders. Marriage a covenant designed to bring the best out of people if understood correctly is very special, more so I suppose when fully understood, indeed their are men, and or women, who do not wish to be part of such a commitment. Their is no secret to be revealed to those in regards to marriage. In order to understand marriage precisely and it’s true nature and power one must believe in more than one’s self.

Good day

edit on 19-9-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Have one on me pal, I try only to drink alcohol on Xmas Day and New Year’s Eve so I’ll have to give it a pass. I’m a terrible drunk and always regret it so kicked the habit.

Awesome decision you made you are not an alcoholic for sure.
I'm the same way hardly ever drank during my marriage but she
liked me when I was drunk. Before that 8 eight years without a
drink. So I can take it or leave it no problem either way. Never
a DUI. Last three years tho I've stepped it up. Helps me sleep.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Strange question, I hesitated to look at. Marry if understood correctly should only occur once. Unfortunately I suppose that lesson is no longer taught by the elders. Marriage a covenant designed to bring the best out of people if understood correctly is very special, more so I suppose when fully understood, indeed their are men, and or women, who do not wish to be part of such a commitment. Their is no secret to be revealed to those in regards to marriage. In order to understand marriage precisely and it’s true nature and power one must believe in more than one’s self.

Your post is a good reminder of how far my wife brought me.
She made me wanna be a good man. Before I met her I didn't
give a crap about anything.It's messed up but oh so true.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It's funny, my wife is the opposite of what my ideal woman looks like. While I prefer moderately tall, auburn/red hair, fit but not thin or bulky, small-med chested, athletic, confident, someone I could lounge around and drink coffee, wine or other alcoholic beverages with just to enjoy each other's pleasure in enjoying those things, watch & perform music with, that's not the girl I fell in love with in high school and married a few years after. Why? Dunno. She was as cute as a button in high school and still is a pretty gal, but we both have let our physical fitness go very badly. But after some serious issues and a near-affair about ten years ago, that person (if you can believe it) showed us both why we are supposed to be with each other. Love has a much deeper meaning than outward physical attraction. Of course we're still attracted to each other after 35+ years but we're not the cute/hot(ish) 20-somethings we were back then. But despite not having much in common hobby-wise, there is a deep commitment that we won't break. We had to figure out how to work with the emotional issues we had and that was the hard part.

So as much as I would like to have had my "ideal woman" physically, I have yet to meet one that doesn't have some attitude issue that I wouldn't tolerate, no matter how good she looked. With me it's all about attitude and personality once you get past the initial physical attraction.
edit on 19-9-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Flexibility which is obviously a personality trait is more important. Yes I love eye candy who doesn't,but in a long term relationship flexibility and adaptability are key.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Tax breaks, real meaningful tax breaks. Like a 50% married person's allowance. And a reform of the divorce laws to kick community property to the kerb.

Until then, there's reason for me to do more than co-habitate.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

“I am a womanizer because I absolutely adore women.”

Really ridiculous. Skeezy men with no character who can’t commit to one woman say this all the time, like they are some unique dude that has this affliction of loving women. You poor thing.

Face it: you don’t have the maturity or character to commit to one woman. Instead of the hard work of commitment and intimacy, you would rather just try every pu$$y that looks good to you and cry “I just adore women.”

Every heterosexual man loves women. That’s how it works. Your little excuse isn’t new and women aren’t fooled by it.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Thank you for posting that. I liked reading that very much. Success
in a marriage is not easy to come by. And so rare they are worth
reading and so much more.

good post

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Face it: you don’t have the maturity or character to commit to one woman. Instead of the hard work of commitment and intimacy, you would rather just try every pu$$y that looks good to you and cry “I just adore women.”

Slow down girl you might want to read the rest of the thread before
you scatter gun me sheese. It's my fault the way I wrote it up sorry.
Can i get a pass please?

Damn I don't think I have any ass left. lol
edit on 19-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Slow down girl you might want to read the rest of the thread before
you scatter gun me sheese. It's my fault the way I wrote it up sorry.
Can i get a pass please?

Damn I don't think I have any ass left. lol

I’m sorry 😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰 . Forgive me.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Nothing to forgive my lady totally my fault
You aren't alone.
I'm just not the best writer. lol

edit on 19-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I've been married a few times and we are all still friends and lovers. Sometimes it gets complicated if you catch my drift.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Womanizer! lol

I swear only I could author such a messy thread. lol

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I've been married a few times and we are all still friends and lovers. Sometimes it gets complicated if you catch my drift.

Gross, dude.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

When you read the rest of the thread and need to bury your head in the sand for a week.

We’ve all done it.

I think most men are “womanisers” when we’re younger, probably because most of us are immature assholes that take forever to grow up. I admire his honesty, the men that pretend to be Mr Nice and Prince Charming generally are the ones that as soon as your backs turned they’re out playing the field or turn into abusive pricks after 6 months. I have a few mates that never grew up and still move from relationship to relationship creating a path of wreckage as they pass through the poor woman’s life.

It has to be said woman are guilty of putting lust before love as well as it takes two to tango, although they are definitely more inclined to want a monogamous relationship which lasts. I’ve been messed around too many times by women to commit to another relationship, at least until my kids are fully grown, it doesn’t mean I don’t value companionship and the sanctity of marriage, just not a priority. Unless of course a princess magically appears that I can’t resist. Maybe it’s just me but I find polygamy disgusting, I’ve been around the block but now I won’t sleep with someone until I really know them, something some women find weird.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am a 50 year old guy and have never even been engaged let alone get married. Been with my partner for over 20 years and have kids. Its never really been an issue.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: olaru12

Gross, dude.

I make no excuses or apologies for being a hedonist. It's just Rock and Roll and living that lifestyle, I had a vasectomy at 20 yrs of age, knowing kids and family life just didn't work for me. I hope everyone can find happiness in the path they choose to take. I also understand the resentments coming from others that have found the path they chose didn't quite work out like they planned; in fact they want to project their unhappiness on others.

edit on 19-9-2020 by olaru12 because: syntax

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
marriage never really entered into the equation in my relationship with my partner. either as a requirement, a certified symbol of commitment or any long-cherished ideal. we just didn't feel the need to marry. but i have no problems whatever with marriage itself or it's value to others. anyway 32 years later we're still together, unmarried.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join