It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay children are 'children of God', Pope tells parents

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is a pretty bold move for the Pope. I never thought I'd see this day:

Francis’ remarks are consistent with what he said in 2018 to Juan Carlos Cruz, a survivor of clerical sexual abuse and who at that time had spent several days with the Pope.

“He told me, ‘Juan Carlos, that you are gay does not matter. God made you like this and loves you like this and I don’t care. The Pope loves you like this. You have to be happy with who you are’,” Cruz recalled.

Since the beginning of his pontificate, Francis has sought to model an inclusive, pastoral approach to LGBT Catholics. It marks a shift away from the harsh and condemnatory language used by the Vatican in the past.

Source

I knew this Pope was going to have more liberal views compared to those in the past but I honestly would not have expected he would go this far. It makes perfect sense though. These are different times and with religious faith at an all time low in the west, it makes all the sense for various religious establishments to try and move with the times to attact new faith.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I thought the Christian position for a while now was that they (and God) disapproved of the "action" of homosexual intimacy and not the gay people themselves.

That the people where always gods children and that he loved them dispite their feelings. Even engaging in the actions was ofcourse a sin; but the Christian religion has tunes of ways to sin and tones of ways to be forgiven for the sins you commit.

What is new with what the pope is saying now?

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well I'd say cheers and Amen to that!

And I hope other faiths (including the Hare Krishnas), despite being more diffuse than the Catholic Church, could be similarly inclusive.

Assuming this is all true.
edit on 18-9-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Well talk about a left hand turn, so Christians are going from Straight camps for gay kids .

To God made you this way.

Well it's about damn time , this whole being Gay is a choice thing is ridiculous I've met 6 and 7 year olds that you could just tell were gonna be Gay , and the healthiest thing to do is just let them express themselves and be Gay.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Notwithstanding some radical gender theory that puts all these identities in question.

After all, to be "gay" or "lesbian" (attracted to the same sex) you need "males" and "females".
And a lot of postmodern theory says that these are just social constructions.

In that sense the category of "gay" is already somewhat antiquated.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Well it's about damn time , this whole being Gay is a choice thing is ridiculous I've met 6 and 7 year olds that you could just tell were gonna be Gay , and the healthiest thing to do is just let them express themselves and be Gay.

Well yea. So long as we're not talking about pressuring kids either way, I fully agree. Glad we're on level here. I mean how do you choose to be straight or gay? I never understood this line of thinking. I posted about this early this year about a relative of mine coming out.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Notwithstanding some radical gender theory that puts all these identities in question.

After all, to be "gay" or "lesbian" (attracted to the same sex) you need "males" and "females".

Yes, gender has always been a social construct, despite people erroneously using gender as if it were synonymous with sex.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Well yea. So long as we're not talking about pressuring kids either way, I fully agree. Glad we're on level here. I mean how do you choose to be straight or gay? I never understood this line of thinking. I posted about this early this year about a relative of mine coming out.

Agreed

Yeah I'm not on board with the whole pressuring your Male child to wear female cloths just because you think he might wanna make that choice.

I tried my moms clothes on when I was like 5 or 6 and I decided nah not for me , she caught me doing it she didn't Laugh or scold me or correct me she just asked how do those high heels feel and I was like they hurt and that was that.

Just let children figure it out for them selves .

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Oh gee now that the pope has said it I guess it’s true.

Who’s seriously still listening to these pedo protecting relics of the old world?

I couldn’t care less about what that man says, his entire organization has lost and credibility or standing as a voice of moral guidance.

They repeatedly and continually protect pedophiles and child molesters, and it’s not like they just kick them out and keep quiet about the offenses, they relocate the monsters and give them fresh flocks of victims as well.

Disgusting

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
yes about time! I have never got "it;'s a lifestyle " it's a choice" how can anyone with 2 brain cells think that????? remember when gay people were beaten ,killed hated and disowned by their families...if it is a choice why would they choose all THAT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The "children of God"?

Well when Columbus returned with the first Tainos both the Pope and Queen Isabella said these are the "children of God".

However practically that didn't mean very much in the colonies.

Those millions of "the children of God" were virtually extinct 50-100 years later in the Caribbean.

The Word must be practical and not just lip-service.
To say we have a soul is one thing.
Now make more policy accordingly.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Guess the christian church I went to as a kid was odd.

We were taught to not stand in judgement of others, thats gods job our job was to be good people and good christians.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: halfoldman

Yes, gender has always been a social construct, despite people erroneously using gender as if it were synonymous with sex.

Because for all of history they were synonymous, it’s only very recently that some have decided to redefine the word gender. Much like the word “racism” was redefined so that racist could claim immunity from being racist as long as it was against the right race.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Of course in the mouth of an evil priest, "they're in the hands of God" could also mean - oh well, nothing more I can do to save them.

Stick them on a bonfire and the rest is up to the Lord.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
And even if some are "children of God" - consider what the legate said during the Albigensian Crusade against the Cathars.

The Crusaders wanted to know, some in this city are Cathars and some are Catholics, who shall we kill? The legate said: "Kill them all, let God sort them out".
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks someone chooses to be gay is either a moron, indoctrinated, or an indoctrinated moron.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
CHILDREN are not straight nor gay, CHILDREN are not
predisposed to gender 'attraction'. Only twisted adults would
fantasize such., even worse . . .
lobby and groom. *RedFlag*

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Just because a child is born gay or not does not automatically mean they are a child of god.

The child gay or not must choose jesus and god and implement the appropriate values.

So the child chooses to be a child of god or not.

End of story.

The POPE is certainly not a child of god.

Most people are certainly not children of god despite their delusions of grandure and a fair majority of posters here praising these delusions of auto acceptance are playing right into the hands of the dammed which is no surprise in the slightest.

Keep playing the devils fiddle......dreamers.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

I've got nothing to to with children, but I knew when I was in primary school I was gay.

Not to get all Freudian or culture wars, but children actually do have a sexuality, but no adult should interfere with that development.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

They are.

But this Pope is not a man of God.

He is a great deceiver.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join