It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Trump Flags Are Flying

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I live in a small community that was once the county seat here but is now a near ghost town. This community is my Father's birthplace and around 35 miles away from the small town where I grew up. This town's population was around 9000 when growing up but is a growing town now.

My Mother is now 93 years young and I travel another 10 miles north to see her every trip in that direction. Yesterday, I was headed home when I passed a vendor's stand set up in the local Sears parking lot. They were loaded down with everything Trump. I didn't see the operator because of all the blue and red camouflage in, around and on top of the booth. I had to text the news of the sighting to my 2 sisters after arriving back home. They both got a kick out of it all.

I have been working on my 2001 GMC Z71 this past week replacing shocks, sway reduction bumpers, brake shoes and new calipers on the back. Now, I have new engine belts to install tomorrow. Anyway, I was walking from the shop to the house when a white tractor pulling an empty flatbed blew through here running 65 on this straight but narrow section of 2 lane blacktop. A 40 mph 3 way halfway blind intersection sits just 1000 feet from here. Just behind the driver's side door at the back corner of the cab was a whipping in the wind, 4 foot by 6 foot blue Trump flag.

I have thought about installing a mast in my yard but never have. Flying anything on a mast attracts attention and I feel that the more anonymous I am the better. Here on ATS we have eyes all over the nation and beyond. Are others seeing outward support for Trump increasing in your areas?

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I’m in Tennessee and I see Biden yard signs everywhere. Including a giant one in the front yard of a house. There’s Trump signs here and there, but nowhere near the amount I saw when I came back here before the last election.

I’m genuinely surprised to see Biden signs. I don’t think I saw one Hillary sign last time.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Nothing but TRUMP signs where I live...all around town. Not a single Biden sign seen so far.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
90% TRUMP signs here. TX hill country

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here in my neighborhood, there are way more trump signs and flags, than there ever were in 2016. In a country mile stretch, there are 4 houses flying flags, and I think there are only 6 houses total on the road.

My neighbor does have a Biden sign up. He and my hubby already had a 20 year Michigan/Michigan State battle going on, so hubby had to get the Trump flag up on the porch.

We are very rural, so I don't worry about the house being torched or whatever.
And we will still drink a beer with the Biden neighbor every chance we get.
Because if we can handle him being a state fan, we can handle anything. LOL

edit on 17-9-2020 by chiefsmom because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'm in TN too, and I see at least 10 Trump signs for every Biden one.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I’m in Tennessee and I see Biden yard signs everywhere. Including a giant one in the front yard of a house. There’s Trump signs here and there, but nowhere near the amount I saw when I came back here before the last election.

I’m genuinely surprised to see Biden signs. I don’t think I saw one Hillary sign last time.

pics or it didn't happen...

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Only place in Missouri I have seen Biden signs are in the usual lib strongholds. Everywhere else is Trump.

As a matter of fact, I now know a man that has been a total lib for the entire 35 years I have known him is so turned off by the riots and constant nonsense that he is voting Trump. My neighbor 2 doors down, had DNC signs in his yard for the entire 18 years I have lived here now has about 4 different Republican signs in his yard. In my local drives around my neighborhood, yards that once had Obama signs, have no signs.

The only thing I will give Biden is I know several elderly shutins that watch MSM all the time that are voting for Biden, but only because they think Trump is really really bad - because the MSM tells them so.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

I'm in TN too, and I see at least 10 Trump signs for every Biden one.

I do HVAC, mostly service calls so I’m driving around all the time. I’m in western TN.

I expected to see a lot more Trump signs being where I’m at. Maybe people just aren’t advertising it this time around. I have a hard time believing Biden has a lot of support around here.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Nothing but Trump signs near me in East Tennessee.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Northern indiana here and it's mostly trump...
I've only seen a couple biden signs.

But that's normal here.

Just before the last election I stopped in Erie Pennsylvania and noticed way more trump signs than I expected. I wonder what it's like this time.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm in San Diego. I've seen ONE Biden sign so Far. Trump signs every other block.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Tennessee certainly is well represented here so far.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
There are a handful of Biden signs around but mostly either UAW (I know the guy) or someone associated with a school or university. In a blue state like ours I have been surprised to not see more, although Whitmer may have affected that. Trumps signs outnumber Biden signs 25-30 to one and I'm around several college towns. I've also hear locals talk about people stealing their Trump signs so there is that too.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing our crippled state turn solid red but with more than a half-dozen universities (UofM, Mich State, Northwestern, Western U, Central Michigan, Grand Valley, etc.) and hundreds of thousands of current or former auto workers I don't see it happening. At best we might turn purple.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I'm in Central Illinois.
Just went back to Kentucky to see Mom and nothing but Trump signs for over 200 miles.. No Biden. AT ALL.

Stop and think about that. A democrat paradise, but everyone South of Chiraq is Pro Trump.
November is gonna be Hell for you guys. Get your screaming voice ready.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I'm on the east side of middle TN. I have yet to visit west TN, so I really have no idea about y'all over there.

I do think the silent majority just doesn't want a bitch fest with anyone, kinda like me. I'll not have any signs or stickers or hats.
edit on 17-9-2020 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Rural southern Maine, lots of trump flags, a few Biden signs.... But a TON of BLM signs.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Central Florida here, 95% Trumps signs. I also see a couple along the highways (75 and turnpike). So Florida might be a different story.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I've seen maybe 2 or 3 biden stickers between my small town and the city of Elizabethtown I usually work in. I've seen plenty of trucks with a Trump flag and American flag, plenty of Trump yard signs and A LOT of American flags that weren't previously there.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AntiDoppleganger
Central Florida here, 95% Trumps signs. I also see a couple along the highways (75 and turnpike). So Florida might be a different story.

Your state is a big prize.
It’s hard to win an election without Florida.

I loved the reactions from the media when Trump won Florida in 2016..
You could taste the tears.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join