It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump signed an executive order to promote patriotic education in schools

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hey ATS!

Today we have more good news related to wiping out marxism and far-left/woke propaganda, following the ban of the critical race theory. **
Trump announced he'd sign an EO to promote patriotism in schools.

Source

I am pleased to announce that I will soon sign an executive order establishing a national commission to promote patriotic education. It will be called the 1776 commission.

It will encourage the educators to teach our children about the miracle of American history and make plans to honor the 250th anniversary of our founding.

President @realDonaldTrump signs an executive order to promote patriotic education!

Source

We don't have such problems here but I'm happy for you after what I've seen coming out of western schools. I hope education will be made great again and it won't be indoctrination anymore.

**Edit: What I mean by that is I'd like to see more objectivity from teachers and less biased lessons rather than with a far-left agenda. I don't support forced patriotic propaganda (like the North Korean model) and I have expectations from Trump and other people in charge not to turn lectures into that, but to focus more on the positive aspects and American pride instead of creating generations of self-hating Americans.
edit on 17/9/2020 by Anon283799 because: edit

edit on 17/9/2020 by Anon283799 because: edit

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

The first lecture after the order. History 101.

edit on 17/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Today we have more good news related to wiping out marxism and far-left/woke propaganda,

AKA objective reality.

“Patriotic Education” Seriously. This is nothing but state sponsored propaganda. And you all are cheering on government brainwashing, simply because it favors the political party you’ve been tricked into believing is working in your best interest.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Today we have more good news related to wiping out marxism and far-left/woke propaganda,

AKA objective reality.

“Patriotic Education” Seriously. This is nothing but state sponsored propaganda. And you all are cheering on government brainwashing, simply because it favors the political party you’ve been tricked into believing is working in your best interest.

For real!! This is frightening.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don’t normally support EOs, but this is much needed in our country. This also isn’t affecting laws, but policy which is more appropriate for EOs than trying to circumvent Congress. I support this move. Good on you President Trump.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

hi anon! love the name, reminds me of some hot women. anon stands for anonmaly, right? anonmaly is a great word! one of the best american words of all times! a-n-o-n-m-a-l-y! sounds so exciting! we patriots have to stick together, right? that's why from now on everybody in the schools has to wear cowboy boots and a maga cap. in addition, instead of biology, there will be daily shooting trainings. physics and chemistry are completely eliminated. only the american history from 2016 on will be teached. and the bible. but only part 3. best part ever! and every morning the national anthem will be sung by a beauty queen while another beauty queen in a sexy dress will raise the flag. geography is also eliminated. sexual education of course not! women have to know what to do in bed, right anon?(; you are not allowed to talk about politics anymore, the students are supposed to concentrate on business studies. and in every classroom a picture of me will be hanging on the wall. and if you elect me in november, i will send you an autograph! you can then sell it for 1 million on ebay, believe me, these are the most valuable autographs of all times! greetings, your president donald.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman

originally posted by: underwerks

AKA objective reality.

For real!! This is frightening.

I never thought it’d be Republicans trying to turn America into communist China, but here we are.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

What is "patriotic education" ?

Sounds a bit Orwellian.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hopefully it comes with some basic civics.
More education is always a good thing.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It figures that Leftists here are not in favor of this.
God forbid the history of the greatest country on the planet is taught.
Oops I used the word “God”, that should set them off as well.

edit on 17-9-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Sounds a bit Orwellian.

I think it is meant to offset the cultural Marxism so prevalent in today’s education system. Nothing is more Orwellian than Communism.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

...And you all are cheering on government brainwashing, simply because it favors the political party you’ve been tricked into believing is working in your best interest.

And there is absolutely nothing you can do about it😎👍

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Sounds a bit Orwellian.

Hahaha.... And I understand why it sounds like something weird for you.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
who knew the left was so anti education?

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: underwerks

...And you all are cheering on government brainwashing, simply because it favors the political party you’ve been tricked into believing is working in your best interest.

And there is absolutely nothing you can do about it😎👍

the brainwashed is already so brainwashed that he is happy to be brainwashed. dictatorships are based on this.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Sounds a bit Orwellian.

Hahaha.... And I understand why it sounds like something weird for you.

Conversely I understand why it doesn't to you.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Sounds a bit Orwellian.

I think it is meant to offset the cultural Marxism so prevalent in today’s education system. Nothing is more Orwellian than Communism.

Not to be rude, but the NSA & CIA have tabs on this thread and are aware of most, if not all, your "private" information. Shrugging your shoulders and saying "at least were not in a communist country" doesn't exactly mean our system isn't orwellian. The Establishment loves the Communist boogeyman because it keeps the people in check. Get them to passively accept the continued evaporation of their rights & any sort of privacy by keeping them in fear of the dreaded communism!!

I'm not sure how any freedom-loving American is okay with this. Conditioning children in a "patriotic education" system is something more akin to North Korea than the USA.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Nah...I just figure this means stuff like illegal cia coups of foreign governments, US government experimentation on its citizens, US collaboration with Nazis during and after world war 2, the history of war crimes committed by the US government against the world, illegal torture, etc. Is likely to be classed as 'unpatriotic' and quietly brushed over.

Not that America's history of conquer and oppression over the rest of the world isn't already glossed over and ignored by most Americans.
edit on 17/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The Nazi version of 'patriotic education' was, I believe, the Hitler Youth.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman
Guess it depends on who defines patriotic?
DJT seems lightyears more patriotic than any recent politician.

Is teaching basic civics "too patriotic"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join