It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASKS What happened to You DO You????

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If a business requires you to wear a mask, and you don't want to, then leave. It's that simple. Vote with your feet, don't give them your custom.

Just don't be a D**K about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: Gnawledge
Masks aren't 100% but they do help.

There's no proof that they help. There's actually proof of the opposite.

A good example is the germophobes in Japan, or Asia in general, who are obsessed with masks as a cultural expectation STILL GOT SICK.

Did them a whole fat lot of good, and that doesn't help bolster the claims any. They're technically seasoned mask pros over there and still got bit in the ass like everyone else.

In Asia, people generally wear masks when THEY are sick, so that they don't spread germs, not because they are afraid of getting germs from other people. Especially in Japan. It's because their culture puts a lot of pressure on people to come to school, etc, even if they are sick, and it's considered bad manners to spread germs.

On the other hand, take a look at Hong Kong, people wear masks and wash their hands everywhere since the big SARS outbreak in the early 2000s, despite being right next to China they've managed to keep things contained.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: charlyv

If they worked well enough to keep out viral particles, they'd work well enough on the PNW wildfire smoke too, but the CDC says they don't do anything for that.

Wildfire smoke particles are bigger than viral ones.

Wild fire smoke contains less oxygen than regular air as the gasses from the fire are displacing them. Some of those gases are also poisonous themselves, and the masks can't filter them out. They can filter out soot particles which are bigger than virus ones, but not things like things like carbon dioxide or carbon monoxide, nor can they put oxgyen back into the air.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Or how about you mind your own business and let people take the risk if they so wish.

The cuddling up to authoritarian rule because they put the fear of god into you isn’t my problem.

If I want to breathe fresh air I will.

I’m a private business owner, by the same token shouldn’t I be allowed to have a no mask policy, allowing people to choose freely if they wear one or not?
edit on 19/9/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

NUFF SAID... DENY IGNORANCE...

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle

NUFF SAID... DENY IGNORANCE...

What about the microscopic cloud of particles too small to be picked up by these cameras? You know the scales at which the virus is actually on?

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I feel like wearing a mask is similar to wearing a "dunce" hat. It's a way of showing that you can't understand statistics and probability and stuff like that.

If you wanted all the people who are too dumb to think for themselves to wear a badge, so you could identify and count them, telling them to wear a silly looking mask would be a great way to achieve that.

Seriously: if I don't have a cough, then what am I protecting you from? If I do have a cough, then I probably should get tested.

.... but that said, businesses have the right to require us to wear stupid looking accessories if they want.

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

If a business requires you to wear a mask, and you don't want to, then leave. It's that simple. Vote with your feet, don't give them your custom.

Just don't be a D**K about it.

Some people forget that a business is someone's private property they are ALLOWING the public to visit. It's not public property that you, as a customer have the right to visit. It's only by permission.

If they want to require a mask, or even require you to wear a silly hat, or bow before a statue of their founder and pray to the goddess ishtar, they are free to put up any restriction they want. (Except maybe the prayer thing, because it would be considered to be discrimination against Muslims and other similar faiths.)

originally posted by: Grenade

Or how about you mind your own business and let people take the risk if they so wish.

The cuddling up to authoritarian rule because they put the fear of god into you isn’t my problem.

If I want to breathe fresh air I will.

I’m a private business owner, by the same token shouldn’t I be allowed to have a no mask policy, allowing people to choose freely if they wear one or not?

You should, but be careful. You might get sued if someone contracts covid at your establishment.

I always figured that was the reason businesses were going full steam into the mask requirement: protection from liability.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Exactly, the whole scenario is predicated on fear, by media and healthcare systems who are essentially the only ones profiting from lockdown.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

Well there you go, those masks barely even keep particles of spittle from getting out. Viruses would be what, probably at a whole different scale, something like comparing a marble to a 5 story building in comparison.

Masks are only useful for those who are actually sick with something like the flu and like walking about in places were there are lots of people. Also viruses survive in the air and atmosphere not that long at all, talking maybe minutes at most, unless they have something to attach themselves to ie surfaces and conditions are right ie moisture, heat, and area.

So if you have all these sick people walking around wearing cloth masks. Thats like the perfect thing to help viruses and bacteria and what else to thrive for much longer then they would in open air, as then they would be likely wiped out almost insistently.

In theory masks may help. In practice if there was and actual viral outbreak especially of something that can survive airborne. It likely to be a whole different story.

But if you got somebody who is actually infected and coughs, viruses would go through that cloth masks easily with the flem or without. And if you have somebody near by who is wearing a mask, and has been wearing a mask for a while, stank breath and moisture and all. You would be better off taking it off, and wiping your face, as any and all viruses die in the atmosphere, or likely just by them being attacked by the bacteria and other phages you got on your hands or are just free floating in the atmosphere.

Instead of having something that may be a perfect breeding house for them stuck to your face the whole day. So if there was any actual so called mythical deadly virus free floating in the air, and is deadly. And your walking around with a cloth mask, full of moisture and what else from your breath, spittle and stank the whole day. Thats like the perfect breeding ground for them.

There is no virus that is effective and deadly that can survive in the atmosphere by itself. If there was, humanity would drop from 6 something odd billion to a few hundred thousand in a few months. Even in the flu season. Why do people get sick in the cold season or when its colder outside, even in snow, were viruses do not survive?

Simply because your immune system is switching gears, or low, and then whatever is around effects you, that or your just spending to much time in the cold weather and taxing your immune system all the time. Even when you get the flu. Whats the first thing your body does? It heats your body up in an attempt to kill whatever you caught by overheating things, turning up the temperature in your body to kill off the flu virus by overheating to temperatures were it has a hard time to survive.

Breaking out in a sweat and having high fever is not what the flu virus does, its the after effect of the flu virus as the body immune system kick in overdrive. Thats a symptom and reaction of your body and immune system in an attempt to kill off the virus and flu. Its like a desperate last ditch hail mary attempt to kill of the infected cells, which usually just strains the immune system, making you weaker and weaker.

And you know what kills you. Its not the virus, its the bacteria that infects you after the body has taxed itself in trying to kill off the virus infected cells. And considering that somewhere around and over 300,000 something deaths each year from the flu.

Thats like a big duh! Here a LINKthat describes what kills you when you get the flu. Its not the flu virus itself that does it, its a myriad and complex chain reaction and side effects of it that do, usually bacteria which infiltrates the lungs when your body is taxed out. In a lot of cases its your own immune system that kills you, or leads to your death. Now ain't that funny?

So ya, now masks while cool to wear, making you look more ninja like. Wont help you much against viruses. And if your sick and coughing your lungs out and walking around in public. Well then you got other issues and shouldn't be walking around in public.

edit on 1amMondayam282020f1amMon, 28 Sep 2020 01:46:03 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I think that is fine in places, like outdoors, but in private businesses they can say they want you to wear a mask,
or a formal jacket, or tie, or no shorts, or no t-shirts with certain things on them.
Many businesses have been doing that for decades.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

None of these things are mandated and enforced by law. You can’t be arrested or fined for entering a club with trainers on.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

It's true that private businesses can have ANY kind of (lawful) rule about their private property, shop, etc.

However, a private business that forbids me entry because I am not wearing a mask is a business I plan to _NEVER_ give any money or my patronage to in any shape or form. No matter how free the world becomes, and how their policy might change, if we live 20 years without anyone wearing masks, I still won't give them a penny/cent/pebble/look.

These 'temporary' measures can have long-term consequences, and businesses better realize that.
edit on 25-1-2021 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

None of these things are mandated and enforced by law. You can’t be arrested or fined for entering a club with trainers on.

Sure you can it’s trespassing. Try going into a store without shoes and refuse to leave see what happens.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I don’t believe there’s a law stating you must wear shoes. Maybe I’m wrong.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join