It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASKS What happened to You DO You????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Maybe this sound be in rants.

Every single day I read stories about masks.
It usually goes something like this. Person/People doesn't believe in masks and refuses to wear one.

Here is where I have the problem. When they go to a PRIVATE business that requires one and refuse to ...
..............gasp.........why can't they just follow the rules, just do as they are told (where have we heard that before?)
It seems that statement only applies to certain portion of the population. How HARD is it to just have some respect?

Seriously, if you don't want to wear a mask don't, but I do believe private businesses have the right to make their own rules.

We often heard "You do You" but now that has turned into I want to do what I want wherever regardless of rules.
There are ways to get groceries and goods without going into a store. If you don't like their policy, don't shop there.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If a private business requires them then wear them, don't be a Karen or Kevin.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
While I’m not an anti-masker and am sick of wearing them, do we really need to go down this road on ATS again?

The horse is long dead and it’s bones have been stomped into dust.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If a private business requires them then wear them, don't be a Karen or Kevin.

www.wesh.com... I1Q7ccalMFB-10xPd5w

Anti-mask group marches through Florida Target chanting ‘take off your mask’

This is Florida, but I've seen it here too.
I've had friends say people are ready to fight teenage employees because they don't want to wear a mask getting fast food in a place that is required.

link   
No Shoes
No Shirt
No Mask

No Service.

Very simple

link   

Even though almost none of them are not very effective against viruses, wear masks where required.

When the flu season starts the requirements will be extended through, until the flu season ends next May.

edit on 9/16/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

People can chant what they want and a private business can require a mask to be worn, especially if they offer other means of obtaining their product like curbside pick up or free delivery.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I get it, but the other day I heard on the radio station I listen to, that they said a little inconvenience is for the good of all and it sat with me funny.

Little inconvenience of a mask, but then you have idiots burning down businesses and political terrorism. Literally all the Gamestops except for one has been looted and burned around here. They closed up shop permanently to save what's left, I can no longer do something I enjoy to keep my sanity in this lockdown.

As I said when this covid scare came about, I'll wear a mask when people stop using their phones while driving. A little inconvenience of not responding to shorties text will mean more of your attention on the road and maybe Sally will a have another day with her dog.

Now its, stop being racist aholes and attacking innocent people and I'll consider wearing a mask.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
While I’m not an anti-masker and am sick of wearing them, do we really need to go down this road on ATS again?

I'm just wondering where did the You Do You go? That went right out the window!

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
My experience here in new york is that most businesses don't care about you wearing a mask or social distancing. They may have posted signs, they may have plexiglass (with air gaps all around), but its all window dressing. Its so that they can tell the government with a straight face that they tried to live by the rules if they ever get a hand slapped. But day to day they don't really care, their employees don't care, and most of the customers don't care.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

Now its, stop being racist aholes and attacking innocent people and I'll consider wearing a mask.

Yea because those two things are alike...

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Did customers in Florida complain when food employees were not wearing headdresses and gloves before the covid-19 hysteria arrived?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I just don't spend my money in places that require masks, I go to their competitors that don't. In a small town this has a fairly noticable impact. The mask requiring businesses seem to have less customers and aren't doing so well, to the point where many have since relaxed the requirement.

There's no point in getting mad. Businesses will soon learn when their profits fall, forcing inconvenience on their customers is only going to hurt them, especially when the place next door is doing well and making money and they're not.

link   
I don’t have a problem following the rules of a private business because I can simply not patronize them if I don’t want to deal with their rules. My issue is with government rules. They should stay the hell out of our lives.

+7 more 
link   

Oh gosh sweetie, did someone scare you today and hurt your feelings for not wearing a mask? Are you afraid they breathed their dirty germy air all over? I’m sorry, sweetheart.

Having said that, do you REALLY think that this is a good road to go down? To be able to mandate what a person wears? Do you honestly think this won’t get abused by our crook leaders? Biden says he will make it a national mandate to wear a mask. Think about this, and think about it hard, because when they take freedoms away from us, we don’t get them back. And if you support this, down the road when it’s grown tentacles, you are partly to blame.

One more thing. You’re right- there are ways to get groceries and supplies without going into stores. So if you are afraid of people’s breathing, do that. Stay home. Get your groceries another way.

link   

Im one of those, kick me out if it's a problem, people. They are getting worse.

Remember when masks weren't required because it was only from droplets and not from breath? I do.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
There's no way I would wear a mask several hours a day as some employees I see are forced to do.

Re inhaling part of your carbon dioxide for that long damages brain cells, and makes you tired and docile.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Drucifer

I'm just wondering where did the You Do You go? That went right out the window!

I don't know ... where did the You Do You go? Oh yes, right out the window with the masking ordinance.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I've never worn a mask. If a business is so inclined to refuse service to me, due to their beliefs, I do the responsible thing and shop elsewhere. It's really that simple.

No lawsuits, no demands for others to boycott, no National News interviews, no fuss what so ever. I simply leave and go somewhere else that wants my money.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I've a real problem with being told WTF to do.
If I absolutely have to where getting what I need
is dependent? Then I use my bandanna. I absolutely
refuse to buy even one damn mask. i'm not contributing
to some assholes wealth over this stupid # period

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join