It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google/FB/Insta Engineers Release New Doc to prevent Civil War

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: NightVision

Unintended civil war that will morph out of control into a race war. America has more white supremacist than you can imagine.

www.forbes.com...

theintercept.com...

Where do you come up with this crap?

Respect is given — where it is deserved.

We are a generation past judging people by skin color.

You’re gaslighting. Keep stirring the pot. See where that gets all of us....

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Heh. Good one.
www.usatoday.com...
edit on 9/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

According to these whistleblowers and engineers formerly employed at Google/FB/and Instagram, the algorithms and data collection used in these cosial platforms is specifically designed not only to make us addicted, but to give us validation based on our political leanings. In other words, whether you lean right or left, you are likely getting fake news that supports your theory about the evils of the other side.

I thought this was common knowledge. Social media in general runs off of a dopamine reward system, the same as stars and flags here on ATS.

Then why post?

You’re a product of the system.

The only real power we have is — personal boycott.

“Chickity check Yoself, before you wreck yoself”

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So you have a couple of things going on here. You have algorithms that work to give you what you want whether it is news, shopping, entertainment, beliefs, narratives, opinions etc. It can get even spooky at times just how much information they glean from you in your searches. I looked at chain saws one time and I got all these popups of chainsaws, one was a picture of a family that really needed a chainsaw I guess. A week later I was in UAE and saw the same popup with the same family but now it was in Arabic and the same family was darker skin. At the time I thought the idea of chainsaws in the Middle East as a funny thing, but then thinking about it all it kind of got me thinking of just how much manipulation is going on.

Another thing is called Friend or Foe AI. This is where an AI feeds you positive information that it deems friendly to you and either buries anything of the opposite or feeds you negative information about what he sees as a foe. This is why people are moving to Duck Duck Go more as the search engine is not as good as Google and that is what they want.

So lets say you are a moderate liberal at 50/60% spread in your views. You look for some posts and lean to look for liberal aspects of them. As the system learns its feeds you more and more Liberal views and buries Conservative views. The Friend/Foe AI then starts to feed you negative Conservative posts to validate the now bias algorithm search.

That moderate liberal over time evolves into a far left liberal thinking the right has gone totally crazy...You can replace Liberal with Conservative here too, and people wonder why we seem so polar now.

edit on 14-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Heh. Good one.

I judge people by actions, not skin color.

Is this an admittance of racism on your behalf, Phage?

BTW, don’t you live in Hawaii? The land of locals being racist against white people. ‘Howley’s’ or ‘Haole’ is the phrase.

I personally know many people that moved there. They left after max two years. They left because they were segregated against — not because they couldn’t afford it.

I’ve been reading your comments for over a decade. You certainly are a flip flop master.
edit on 14-9-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I judge people by actions, not skin color.
I have no doubt that is the case. But that is not what you said.

I personally know many people that moved there. They left after max two years. They left because they were segregated against — not because they couldn’t afford it.
I'm white. I was born here. I've seen what you describe, sort of. Your time frame is about right, one or two years max for some. There is no majority race in Hawaii. I've known people who are uncomfortable with not being part of a majority and they can't seem to deal with that shoe. Others get along quite well. But yes, there is definitely racism here, but probably not as virulent as it is on the mainland. Because, no majority race.

You certainly are a flip flop master.
I don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps you can provide at least one example?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

You’re gaslighting. Keep stirring the pot. See where that gets all of us....

Well we were until about 3 years ago when the narrative started to evolve that everyone White that is not also Woke is now a racist. I think even Blacks in general are getting tired of it, or even embarrassed. This is what the left thought of Trump about 4+ years ago, now he is the Grand Wizard....

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

"Some of my best friends are black?"

Seriously? Is that what you're going for? Trump in pictures with black people shows that we are "a generation past skin color?"

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Likely more attempts at social engineering by tricking people into thinking that having platforms as such should be the arbiter of facts. They shouldn't be.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I don't use Facebook or Google. Instagram is the last place anyone gets their news.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Sorry, but that generations still alive and currently trying to start a race war. Do the math.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Seriously? Is that what you're going for? Trump in pictures with black people shows that we are "a generation past skin color?"

Actually only two of my best friends are Black. My point was that he was once one of the darlings of the left, spoken highly of more than not by many in the Black community leadership...invited to all the liberal get togethers etc... But now he is a White supremacist...lol really? I think Biden has much more evidence of that than Trump...

It is interesting how racism is directly linked many times to income levels. Poorer/unsuccessful people need to blame someone or some group more than themselves. The few clown parties of the White supremacists we have seen in the past I can't say look like the cream of the crop...lol Same goes for many Blacks who say "the man is holding them down" 8 times in jail and 3 kids out of wedlock along with drugs etc are all just misunderstandings....Its the man's fault!!

Successful black professionals do not use the N word in every sentence, they are not looking at color as an excuse for failures, once people reach a professional level color/racism is just not there. The days of hiring the Whitie over the much better person of color is long in the past, or that company will not be very successful...

Now we also have the woke crowd that thinks racism is all around us...Funny how this woke crowd are themselves economically privileged the vast majority of the time.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Now we also have the woke crowd that thinks racism is all around us.
And a guy in this thread who says this:

Which is clearly not true.

Nor does it have much to do with the topic.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I don't even have friends of any color.

I do have an invisible friend tho.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Now we also have the woke crowd that thinks racism is all around us.

And a guy in this thread who says this: We are a generation past judging people by skin color. Which is clearly not true.

Nor does it have much to do with the topic.

As I said before we were about a generation away about 3+ years ago... This woke crowed of economically privileged white guilt I don't think count as even the Black Community is getting rather tired of them.

edit on 14-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

As I said before we were about a generation away about 3+ years ago

You were wrong. There were plenty of racists 5 years ago and there are plenty of racists today.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You were wrong. There were plenty of racists 5 years ago and there are plenty of racists today.

I don't disagree to a point... Individual racism is there across all cultures in America at some level. I just don't think it is as prevalent as maybe you think it is, and most certainly each decade since the 60s it has lessened a good deal. Its like saying there is still extreme bias against gays in America today too, and that is also incorrect when we look at the same timeline of how far the country has come since the 60s in that area too.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I just don't think it is as prevalent as maybe you think it is, and most certainly each decade since the 60s it has lessened a good deal.
Oh sure, the laws have changed.

But having never been subjected to it on other than a very minor level, I'll tend to go with those who have had experiences very different from mine.

When the state trooper approached the car, Melvin said the officer pulled his girlfriend out and put her into his cruiser. While in his custody, the officer tried "to convince her that I was raping her, because he wanted me to go to jail," Melvin said.
www.businessinsider.com...

We are not a generation away from racism. There is plenty of it.

But the topic is actually about how social media manipulates people of different "persuasions", simply for ad revenue.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

But the topic is actually about how social media manipulates people of different "persuasions", simply for ad revenue.

Then go read my other posts and see how a country of 329 million people can have all the cases of racism or not that a person would be looking for with a little help from AI... BTW what you posted took place in the early 80s, so is that more then a Gen ago...lol

You can't post one event and say LOOK PROOF!!! No proof is needed as I said its there in all skin colors, but not at the level that is suggested today. Would like to hear about my racist stories as I was bused into a Black school back in the 70s...

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Then go read my other posts and see how a country of 329 million people can have all the cases of racism or not that a person would be looking for with a little help from AI

What?

BTW what you posted took place in the early 80s, so is that more then a Gen ago...lol
And it doesn't happen any more. That's good to hear.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join