It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google/FB/Insta Engineers Release New Doc to prevent Civil War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
According to these whistleblowers and engineers formerly employed at Google/FB/and Instagram, the algorithms and data collection used in these social platforms is specifically designed to send us fake news validation based on our political leanings. In other words, whether you lean right or left, you are likely getting fake news that supports your theory about the evils of the other side. According to them this is all heading toward an unintended civil war and i can't say I disagree.

"The Social Dilemma"

Programmers are urging a newer, less-divisive model before society breaks down completely.

edit on 14-9-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

So is it legal to manipulate people into violence and chaos so long as I profit from it?

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I won’t be fighting my fellow American Citizens. I will, however, be defending my family and my property.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

"unintended" hahahahaha... yeah sure, what ever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Unintended civil war that will morph out of control into a race war. America has more white supremacist than you can imagine.

www.forbes.com...

theintercept.com...

edit on 14-9-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

(post by IAMALLYETALLIAM removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Unintended civil war that will morph out of control into a race war. America has more white supremacist than you can imagine.
Oh c'mon what a line of crap. Forbes as a link...no they don't have a side.

www.forbes.com...

theintercept.com...

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

how do we tell the difference between a democrat brown man and a republican brown man? Will they all have the correct hats on?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

So is it legal to manipulate people into violence and chaos so long as I profit from it?

Maybe a better question is why are ppl allowing themselves to be manipulated this way?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

According to these whistleblowers and engineers formerly employed at Google/FB/and Instagram, the algorithms and data collection used in these cosial platforms is specifically designed not only to make us addicted, but to give us validation based on our political leanings. In other words, whether you lean right or left, you are likely getting fake news that supports your theory about the evils of the other side.

I thought this was common knowledge. Social media in general runs off of a dopamine reward system, the same as stars and flags here on ATS.
edit on 14-9-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Yes that's what is the whole warmachine is build on. Thank you for your sevice. We eagerly await you children's deposit. Please come again.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

www.forbes.com...

theintercept.com...

Carillo is an hispanic name. Also, your post is proving the premise of the movie and I don't think you realize it.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'm no white supremacist. But you mess with my wife, my daughter or my mama, I don't care what color your skin is...

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

According to these whistleblowers and engineers formerly employed at Google/FB/and Instagram, the algorithms and data collection used in these cosial platforms is specifically designed not only to make us addicted, but to give us validation based on our political leanings. In other words, whether you lean right or left, you are likely getting fake news that supports your theory about the evils of the other side.

I thought this was common knowledge. Social media in general runs off of a dopamine reward system, the same as stars and flags here on ATS.

The movie is not so much about the dope hit, its about the targeted/curated fake news being delivered to both the left and right for ad revenue.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yeah. Critical thinking has become harder and harder to come by. Confirmation bias rules!

Gonna have to watch this one, "Away" has gotten kind of soap opera'ey.

edit on 9/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I would recommend the book Glow Kids to anyone who is serious about understanding the nature of the tech that we not only have grown an umbilical cord to, but that we hand to our children, almost before their umbilical is cut.
It is very disturbing and makes me feel like I have failed my kids, even though they don't have functioning cell phones and I try to limit their "device time".

It's a public health crisis. I know some are gonna rail against that. Read the book, then come at me and have a discussion.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ok, so delete it all. Start setting an example.
You don't need any of these useless social media programs anyway.

'nuff said.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
Ok, so delete it all. Start setting an example.
You don't need any of these useless social media programs anyway.

'nuff said.

While we're at it can we ban all these mobile games that charge 20,000 $ to unlock their content?

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Looks interesting but nothing most people don’t already know to be the truth

Definitely going to give it a watch though as I’m also sure these guys are going to be lying out their back ends

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join