It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shutdown ruled unconstituional in pennsylvania

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well folks, I and along with a host of others were saying back in April and May that these rulings and shutdowns by these governors/emperor's were unconstituional.

I know that now, months later its little solace. But I think this is proof that we were right.

SHutdown ruled unconstituional

our freedoms and liberties don;t just go away. There not some thing that can just be erased when a governor wants them to be gone.

The court closes this opinion as it began, by recognizing that defendants' actions at issue here were undertaken with the good intention of addressing a public health emergency,” Stickman wrote. “But even in an emergency, the authority of government is not unfettered. The liberties protected by the Constitution are not fair-weather freedoms — in place when times are good but able to be cast aside in times of trouble.”

No government or entity should be able to take away our rights.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Well folks, I and along with a host of others were saying back in April and May that these rulings and shutdowns by these governors/emperor's were unconstituional.

I know that now, months later its little solace. But I think this is proof that we were right.

SHutdown ruled unconstituional

our freedoms and liberties don;t just go away. There not some thing that can just be erased when a governor wants them to be gone.

The court closes this opinion as it began, by recognizing that defendants' actions at issue here were undertaken with the good intention of addressing a public health emergency,” Stickman wrote. “But even in an emergency, the authority of government is not unfettered. The liberties protected by the Constitution are not fair-weather freedoms — in place when times are good but able to be cast aside in times of trouble.”

No government or entity should be able to take away our rights.

Excellent news. Now CHina will release Covid 20.... Anyway, open em up!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Good to know one state got it right.
Hopefully, my state will do the same with our "witless" governor. She is way too power hungry.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

That was a Federal Judge. There's the chink in the shutdown armor. Now the other States can use the ruling as precedence.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499
Even better for the rest of us, that already have legal battles against our Governors. So yea!

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That is actually extremely encouraging -- it only takes one to turn the rolling pebble into a thunderous boulder in our citizens' favor.

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Good to know one state got it right.
Hopefully, my state will do the same with our "witless" governor. She is way too power hungry.

As far as I know, the petition drive for repealing her favorite little law is going damn well. Canvassers came through my neighborhood last week, we all signed it. It'll only take 340,000 valid sigs for the legislature to strip it from the books, and the odds look high at present.

The recall petition canvassers haven't been through yet, but likely will soon enough. Although, in lieu of that, I'll absolutely settle for forcing her to ask permission first before doing anything at all, like she's supposed to. It's about damn time she's knocked back a few pegs and put in her place. Governorship is not a be all, end all position and anyone who believes and acts so needs backhanded into the next dimension. Yanking a favored law to abuse is backhand enough for me in the proverbial sense.
edit on 9/14/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Excellent news from Pennsylvania! At least there is one courageous judge in the federal judiciary.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander
No. It's the first time it went Federal. All of the other rulings were by the State Supreme Court. The fix was in there.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
As a Pennsylvania resident, I am waiting to hear a response from Governor Wolf.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Wow! A thread about a Covid whistleblower stating that it was created in a lab. Then this thread, back to back.

Are we getting some type of sanity ?

Mark the date.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So am I. He still controls the licensing and I don't see him taking this well.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Bout time someone started making that ruling, you cant go well its only a little infringement that negates the entire purpose of the bill of rights.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

So am I. He still controls the licensing and I don't see him taking this well.

Agreed.
I just heard that Secretary of Health, 'Cousin It' was asked three times by reporters at the afternoon news conference to comment on the ruling. I am told that the answer when it finally came was a wishy washy non answer.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

"Cousin It" I like that. The best part is that it is even gender neutral.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yay Liberty!!!
Woohoo!!!

Take that you tyrants!

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Now let's start filing charges and putting these traitors in prison.

Where's my DOJ?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Not going to happen. Qualified immunity.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: muzzleflash

Not going to happen. Qualified immunity.

Not so fast -
"In the United States, qualified immunity is a legal principle that grants government officials performing discretionary functions immunity from civil suits unless the plaintiff shows that the official violated "clearly established statutory or constitutional rights of which a reasonable person would have known"."

With this ruling a case can be made they KNEW tjey had no authority to take some of these actions.

Plus the main target isn't the governors, it's the Orwellian psychopaths in the fake pharma run medical community.

We need these fake doctors in prison, they have proven themselves wayyy too dangerous to be left alone.

The entire world economy was crashed for no good scientific reason and it was unconstitutional and any reasonable person knows this. They made it way way worse than it ever could have been absent their meddling.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

So where's the DOJ?

I expect charges filed pronto.

If the govt can't enforce the law well I guess the people will have to take matters into their own hands.

This is why we need a govt that enforces laws.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

At this point all states who are shut down are violating the Constitution.

Covid-19 hospitalizations and deaths are falling below levels that we typically see with a flu outbreak.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join