It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visual snow causes being revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Wanted to share this here because over the years I've seen many posts and people asking about the dots they see in their vision. Some think it is spiritual thing, some think they can see the matrix, and it others, seeing these strange dots cause a great amount of anxiety. Since around the year 2000 we call it 'visual snow', after the static snow you see on an old analogue television.
A couple of years ago the visual snow initiative was formed and with that more awareness and research. In 2018 they found evidence that there is actually something different in the brain of someone with visual snow. From there on, researchers and neurologists around the world picked up the studies and continued the work.
Today Visual snow is not yet recognized as an actual disorder but hopefully, research like this can change that.

(You can google the Visual Snow Initiative, they have a very informative channel on YouTube and a page and group on Facebook were people with this disorder unite and share their stories and experiences.)

But what I actually wanted to share here is this paper which was published on September 10, 2020

Visual snow causes being revealed

For the first time, research has been able to display objective functional changes to the ocular motor networks in the brains of people with VSS. A recent study published in the journal Neurology has uncovered evidence of processing speed and error differences which can be measured with objective testing approaches.

Basically what it is saying is that people with visual snow process visual information faster then people with normal vision. They are now trying to figure out why this is, if it can be stopped, and... do we want it to be stopped?

Let's face it, we have a superpower!!!
lol

Hope this information get's to the people who need to read this,
I speak of experience when I say that this visual disturbance can cause a lot of stress in ones live...

edit on 14-9-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

I see those on occasion. Thought it was just a lack of oxygen to the brain.

This does explain my super fast intellect.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I have vs 24/7 since early childhood. For years I thought I was going blind, then I became convinced that what I saw was supernatural. Later I discovered that some of my family members saw it to, including my daughter. I worked with a neurologist in Germany who studied the phenomenon, etc... and eventually I gave up and went on with my life.
I'm thrilled that the research is finally paying off

At least now we can say that there is proof that this thing actually exist! I'm showing this paper to my doctor who never wanted to believe me!

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm my meditations the "visual" snow remains and forms "pictures" I can use to make mental exploded diagrams of machinery. Helps me understand how all the moving parts work together without having it on paper.

I don't want it to stop, I want it stronger.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear
Same here. I meditate in total darkness and then the snow is all that remains. It helps me meditate and do visualizations. Most of the time they seem more real then daily life.
I 'see' better with my brain, with my eyes closed then when I have them open.... can't explain it

I don't want them stronger though, it's affecting my vision to much

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have a floater in my left eye so it got my attention. I found this article very insightful.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I get the snow occasionally, when I am thinking hard it gets worse sometimes. I thought it was probably light seizure activity. I have always had a little problem with it happening sometimes, but since I got the epilepsy, it has gotten a little more pronounced if I don't follow the diet I need to follow to treat the epilepsy. It is one of the ways I am able to interpret my epilepsy risk now, I consider that and the little flashy things visual hallucinations. The sounds almost like tinnitis is another way to identify my risk state, I also get some gongs or Pings occasionally.

Good chicken soup keeps the snow from flying around.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I am not really surprised by this because of stochastic resonance.

Numerous experiments have demonstrated that, in both biological and non-biological systems, the addition of noise can actually improve the probability of detecting the signal; this is stochastic resonance. The systems in which stochastic resonance occur are always nonlinear systems. The addition of noise to a linear system will always decrease the information transfer rate.
Stochastic resonance (sensory neurobiology)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The majority of people look with a spot light type of looking..... focusing on a particular thing.

I believe that if one sees with a flood light type of looking, taking in the entire scene and not looking at any particular thing......the visual snow will become apparent. Instead of looking at things....look at the space.

And many people don't see what there is to see because they are lost in thought.

edit on 15-9-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

join