It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Train full of tanks and apc coming from east toward union station in Down town portland.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
m.imgur.com...

Howdy all, been awhile since I posted a thread. Was driving home from work yesterday and got stuck behind a train full of tanks, it was coming from east heading toward down town Portland OR.

It was already going when I arrived, I waited 5 minutes watching tank and apc roll past before I took a pic, the train continued on for another 2 minutes after the pic.

I lost count at 30. Just interesting with all thats going on down town, could be because of the fires perhaps they are moving them to safety? But I am unfamiliar with bases in Oregon, or why they would be heading toward union station.
edit on 12-9-2020 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: benrl

I'm sure this happens all the time amid stressful political climates.
Think of it as security. You should be happy about military hardware
entering your city. What could go wrong? This is for your protection.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am sure China said the same on June 4th 1989

a reply to: carsforkids

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
m.imgur.com...

Howdy all, been awhile since I posted a thread. Was driving home from work yesterday and got stuck behind a train full of tanks, it was coming from east heading toward down town Portland OR.

It was already going when I arrived, I waited 5 minutes watching tank and apc roll past before I took a pic, the train continued on for another 2 minutes after the pic.

I lost count at 30. Just interesting with all thats going on down town, could be because of the fires perhaps they are moving them to safety? But I am unfamiliar with bases in Oregon, or why they would be heading toward union station.

That'll be the Chinese!

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

i knew I wouldn't need a SARC indicator.

Maybe they're go'n to Earl Schieb to get some new paint?
Brand new flames for all.
edit on 12-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I'm no expert, but they could be coming back or going to Biak Training Center (Just NE of Bend Oregon).
I would assume that the center is open to units from neighboring states as well as Oregon's Guard units.

Biak Training Center Website

It's set up "to facilitate training up to company sized units for mounted and dismounted training with wheeled and tracked vehicles.". That would be a likely explanation.

Could also be a deployment going off. I've been out of the military for quite some time and don't have any contacts anymore.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Military is constantly moving equipment its a Good idea to do this so Your enemies are never sure were all your assets are .
I have seen Tanks Jets Personal carriers copters and more . The only ones Not on a truck flat bed or train would be the trucks used for moving emergency stuff . Humvs more or less .
But alot of police departments have personal carriers as well and alest ONE sheriffs department has a tank .

Anyway Untill you see tanks driving down the highways I would not worry
to much . But the day may be coming or was it already here ?

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Since you put this in this particular forum, I'm going to say they are finally going to stop the rioting and civil disobedience in Portland and other western cities. Time to roll over some Antifa carcasses!

I could be full of it too, but I didn't pick the forum to ask the question.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

m.imgur.com...

That'll be the Chinese!

If so , that would mean the country is Australia.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Merely going somewhere for maneuvers.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Hahaha.....
Fail.......we drive on the left of the road.

Look at the image next time

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

This was posted a couple days ago from Idaho. Is it the same train?

twitter.com... url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage4516429%2Fpg1

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

We used to see trains like that every month or two out west. The only way to move that much equipment is by train.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
awesome.
time to hurt some commies.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Not an expert on tank deployment, but these do not look like the "fast deployment" type of flat rail cars that the military would use when the tanks or armored vehicles need to be "driven off" on demand, instead of having to be unloaded at a standard rail yard. Looks like a factory shipment.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Hahaha.....
Fail.......we drive on the left of the road.

Look at the image next time

Do the Chinese ?
I heard they were busy changing the rules.

edit on 9/13/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I think there's more Chinese in US than Australia

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I think there's more Chinese in US than Australia

Not military
Give it up...

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I am sure China said the same on June 4th 1989

a reply to: carsforkids

Please don't compare the people of China and their protests in Tiananmen Square against a dictatorship with racist terrorists rioting and burning down cities like Portland.

top topics

join