It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumors about ‘antifa’ wildfires in Oregon are false, law enforcement says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   

No, anti-fascists have not been arrested in connection with wildfires ravaging Oregon, and public officials are asking people to stop spreading the various false rumors claiming this to be the case.

Some mainstream conservative pundits and a major police trade publication, as well as conspiracy theorists aligned with QAnon, have all promoted the false narrative about the historically destructive and deadly wildfires.

While investigators are looking into arson as the possible cause of at least one fire, authorities say there is no evidence to suggest the arson is politically motivated. Utility providers have said some fires may have been started by downed power lines during historic winds and heat. Red flag wildfire warnings have been in effect for the better part of a week.

People pushing the conspiracy theories have largely pointed to the Almeda fire, which Ashland Police Chief Tighe O’Meara confirmed has spurred a criminal investigation. O’Meara said rumors claiming anti-fascists were involved are “100% false information.”

Source

Surprise. Surprise. The rumors regarding Antifa starting fires are false. It is true there is one case of possible arson but investigators have found no political motives.

I first heard about these rumors when I started hearing stories of militia groups setting up checkpoints and threatening people documenting the fire. Not to mention the people that wanted to posse up and kill "antifa" on sight.

The fact that major Conservative figures in the state are pushing these unfounded rumors is especially disturbing. And if anyone ends up dead due to vigilante mobs it will be on their heads.

(post by ManFromEurope removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

ABC News

Man charged with arson in connection with Almeda Fire in southern Oregon Michael Jarrod Bakkela was charged with two counts of arson. By Meredith Deliso September 11, 2020, 8:37 PM • 5 min read

Whatever happened to those guys in the Guy Fawkes masks? Did your daddy ever tell you to not believe everything you read and what persons in government say or do?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
lol, someone I a conspiracy site believing the government‘S word with no proof....that’s the funniest thing in read today.

Check out munatuh county OR sheriffs twitter. @MultCoSo. The found just heard noises and saw a small brush fire, they put it out and the cops and fire found fireworks there....who else uses fireworks*thinking*

There is this video of the cops taping off a place a month ago where they think arson happened. I don’t have a follow up

m.youtube.com...

Then there was a video, which I cannot find, where they arrested a guy for arson about 2-3 days ago

So the government tellS you that there is no arson, except for the examples that people on the ground tell you about.

Maybe they should have said, the fires are 93% arson free

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

As I mentioned in my OP, or if you read the article, investigators have found no evidence suggesting there is a political motive in that case.

Let me guess, law enforcement suddenly support Antifa since they're not confirming crazy conspiracy theories.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

In the run up to this election anything that can be pinned on the ANTIFA enemy or the political opposition will be , with a President facing the one term nightmare this election could be dirtier than any election anyone has ever known ... Bigly !

Fake news is railed against here but propagated when the need is felt , which is quite often for some members.

My thoughts go out to those suffering the effects of the wildfires.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

So your proof that Antifa is starting fires is fireworks? Couldn't just be kids? Or a gender reveal party? Or rednecks celebrating America by blowing up a piece of it? No, it must be antifa.

If that's really all the proof you have I'm going to go with what the actual investigators say.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

As I mentioned in my OP, or if you read the article, investigators have found no evidence suggesting there is a political motive in that case.

Let me guess, law enforcement suddenly support Antifa since they're not confirming crazy conspiracy theories.

Yeah, it is a conspiracy theory. But why is it a crazy conspiracy theory? Antifa is not crazy and ready to do everything negative, and i mean everything?
edit on 12-9-2020 by MapOfNowhere because: Foolish grammar

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

You mean the people in record for saying. Don’t worry property isn’t important. People have insurance? Then went around burning building with people inside of them? Those quality humans, who’s actions are ‘peaceful’. I am old enough to remember, when the media denied the existence of ANTIFA.

That Artie is like no AnTiFA didn’t do anything but Q, it’s all Q fault. That’s some great psy ops there

Here is another person arrested for arson.
www.google.com... 58d-9128-f66d9e6cb74a

So ANTIFA likes to start fires, they don’t believe in personal property, they believe who ever that are against is ok to hurt them, all of a sudden all these arson cases just happen, and they have zero connection to them? That’s Quality Hunans are whom you are doubling down on this post with?

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And the mayors and governors Are telling us they are peaceful protests.

So who is looting and rioting and setting cities...and forests!?...on fire? Unicorn armies from the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Here’s another one

I think you just inspired me to start a thread, thanks

www.yaktrinews.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Yup. Certainly no arson.

www.theblaze.com...

At least we can agree it is not political.
edit on 12-9-2020 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

well, we can start with the fact that this one guy got arrested for starting a fire, in a place that is currently on fire. So your choice here is to ignore factual reality, or dodge the issue in favor of your own narrative.

Accepting that this man started a fire doesn't require you to believe in Antifa. His affiliations will be clear during the investigation phase. And should it turn up that he is indeed part of the mythical group ANTIFA, then you may have to adjust your thinking. Even of the news tells you otherwise.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

And yet not a single case you've posted is linked to political motives. If your justification is that protesters have started fires in cities so these cases of arson must also be linked to them, I could just as easily point out that many fires set in the cities were started by the far right to make the protesters look bad.

How do you know these cases of arson aren't linked them?

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The police investigating have said that they have found no political motive or ties to antifa. At what point will you accept their findings and adjust your own way of thinking?

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

What does this have to do with wildfires in Oregon?

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Its interesting to note that literally anyone can claim to be antifa. Or anyone can label anyone antifa.

Look at me guys. I'm now antifa.

Actually, changed my mind. Or is it too late?

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The fact that major Conservative figures in the state are pushing these unfounded rumors is especially disturbing.

It’s business as usual.

Selling lies to gullible people. That’s them. That’s what they do. Just look at the responses so far. One poster telling you to not believe everything you read, while they unquestionably believe what one of these conservative dip####’s told them.

Stupidity and fear sells. And the sellers are cleaning up around these parts.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Its interesting to note that literally anyone can claim to be antifa. Or anyone can label anyone antifa.

Look at me guys. I'm now antifa.

Actually, changed my mind. Or is it too late?

Well it isn't an organization it's just an ideology.

Ill wait and see but let's not act like it's such a huge leap it can't be speculated on #1 and #2 I can think of many reasons police wouldn't want to publicly tie anybody to setting fires either.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Ahh, this is a nice virtual gathering place for our resident ATS Antifa allies and sympathizers. Shoot, I look around and see maybe some full-fledged Antifa members! Always nice to see our in-house Antifa sycophants 'go to bat' for their anarchist heroes, to set the record straight.

My real reaction? Meh, I'm skeptical that any organized, pre-planned Antifa efforts are linked to the wild fires. But also keep in mind, when we're talking about Antifa, and even their lackeys here will point to this, Antifa is an archetypal distributed terror network. They are many pockets of disconnected, disaffected and deranged individuals. Would it shock me if some basement-dwelling troglodyte on the West coast woke up one morning and decided they could contribute their little slice of "Fighting The Man' by sparking some brush fires? No, that would not shock me at all.

So while I don't see the Antifa angle so far, I remain open to the possibility.

Remember when the riots first broke out, and the main MSM networks brought in quote-unquote law enforcement sources who were telling us all that 'white supremacists' were the ones in the mobs responsible for looting, burning and destroying stuff? Ah I remember, that was a 'spit out my drink in uncontrolled laughter' moment. Morale of the story: don't believe The Narrative just because it's printed in an official publication/web site, or a talking head on TV announces it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join