It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind-blowing Andromeda galaxy picture wins Space photo contest's top prizes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I wonder if that guy got that ideal from me LOL.... oh well, it looks cool. : )

Here is one I did last year of Caroline's Cluster. If I didn't have cheap stuff I would enter those contest lol...

I have a few more images like it scattered on the internet, would have to search them.

edit on 52095230am302020Fri, 18 Sep 2020 11:52:10 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

May you travel far p be safe and enjoy the scenery as you pass through every conceivable point in every conceivable universe simultaneously 🙏

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

To be honest, for a second I thought it was one of my images lol, just because of the blur.

I mean, who blurs astronomy pics... I did lol.
edit on 53095330am302020Fri, 18 Sep 2020 11:53:38 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Nice tilt-shift effect, but nothing mind-blowing or exceptional.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

I'm sorry, but that looks fake as hell.

Nothing fake about it.
You know with a relatively cheap and old DSLR and lense, you can see Jupiter and it's moons?
Now if you throw in an expensive telescope and the right attachment for your camera, or you upgrade to a new high end DSLR camera, you can actually pull some very very interesting and detailed photos. Give it a go it's a cheap hobby to get into initially, and if you don't like it you can always sell the camera and lenses pretty much for what you paid for so you'd lose nothing and if anything minimal.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The blur effect makes the stars look like they are just reflections on soap bubbles.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Imagine how cool it would be to be alive when Andromeda and the Milky Way start to collide. Hell of a night sky as it gets closer.

Thanks for sharing.

I thought every galaxy was still moving out from each other, due to inertia after the big-bang.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Imagine how cool it would be to be alive when Andromeda and the Milky Way start to collide. Hell of a night sky as it gets closer.

Thanks for sharing.

I thought every galaxy was still moving out from each other, due to inertia after the big-bang.

Galaxies still collide. Ours will collide in about 4.5 billion years. Mark your calendar.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The Andromeda–Milky Way collision is a galactic collision predicted to occur in about 4.5 billion years between the two largest galaxies in the Local Group—the Milky Way (which contains the Solar System and Earth) and the Andromeda Galaxy.[1][2][3][4][5] The stars involved are sufficiently far apart that it is improbable that any of them will individually collide.[6] Some stars will be ejected from the resulting galaxy, nicknamed Milkomeda or Milkdromeda.

edit on 26-9-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join