It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tessla's mysterious electric car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
aparently one of tessla's inventions was a power source for an electric auto.
the only real information i have found to date is. tessla installed an electric moter into an existing auto. he then went to a local store bought some vacume tubes and built a box aproximately 1' in size. this box he than placed on the passenger seat hooked up the power leads to two protrubances on the box, which then powered said car. it was said the car was able to cruse at aprox. 50mph, and that he drove the car for about two weeks. it is stated that people started to say he was useing black magic as the source of power. upon hearing this tessla apparently was infuriated, unhooked the box and stormed off never to repeat this again. i can almost hear him muttering about the unscientific fools who do not deserve such knowlege lol.
anyway i am interested in finding out anything anyone might know about this. in todays ecconomy where the price of gas is going over 80 cents/liter that such a device would be nice to have.if tessla was able to use vacume tubes it seems that with todays tech base that reproduceing one should not be overly difficult. infact a more powerfull version could even be created. alas because of the poor reception of it he apparently did not even file a pattent.
i am interested about obtaining more information or even ideas on how one could be produced. aparently this "box" somehow managed to syphon electricity from the enviroment arround us.
tessla the inventer of ac power that we all use aperantly died a pauper. another of his inventions the ability to transmit power through the ground was aparently crushed when it was realized that it would be practicaly impossible to charge for power transmitted in this way, (dosn't that figure a great idea that failed due to the inability to make money off of it)

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The story about the Pierce Arrow that Tesla powered by vacuum tubes is fake. See: www.tfcbooks.com...&a_016.htm

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wow first the death ray and now this. He is my favorite croatian inventer

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Telsa was the the biggest genuis of our time, and yet his inventions and theories are not told to any child.
Telsa was killed.....why? Free energy.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Tesla was a brilliant engineer, and his inventions were great ones, too.

But he was alway rather unstable, and, when he found out that a lot of his ideas simply weren't economically feasible, it made him increasingly ... eccentric.

Tesla made a lot of boo-boos, and many of those have been transformed, through urban myth and wishful thinking, into some sort of magic "suppressed knowledge".

It's great for a conspiracy site, where it's fun to think of everything as a Huge Sinister Plot, but it's pretty obvious that most of the secret inventions of Tesla are just silly.

Think about it: In the sixty years since Tesla's death, not a single one of his "lost inventions" has come to light and actually been built This means that the engineers and scientists since then are all incredibly stupid -- or else they're all part of the Huge Sinister Plot.

I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I forget the exact percentage, but the FBI raided telsa's house after he died and stole like 80% of his notes...the rest went to his family.
Now who is to say that all his notes havent been used to make many of the inventions that we know today? No one knows what was in telsa's notes, only the government do, and to this day they will not tell the public what were in those notes.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by wang]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
hmm i will agree that a lot of his inventions seem far fetched. as for his inventions being used.

he once designed a tower that was said could shield territoy amonst other things. hmm now we have these elf stations that can be purported to be able to form a shield, and even controll weather. (it seems elf may be tessla's tower). i have also heard a rumer years ago that stated that tessla aparenty accidently blew a big hole in the ground some distance away useind said tower.

why would the government bother to steal useless information. it is said that they took somewhere around 80% of his reserch when he "died". in fact was he realy dead there is some thought that he may possibly have been involved in project rainbow at a time after he was suppost to be dead. was he infact kept incomunicondo either against or with his wishes? we may never know.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
drogo says:

"hmm i will agree that a lot of his inventions seem far fetched. as for his inventions being used."

Not all of them. You will occasionally see a mechanism which uses AC current LOL!!

"he once designed a tower that was said could shield territoy amonst other things. hmm..."

Where did you hear that? I know he built a tower that he claimed could transmit energy through the earth itself and anyone could pick it up; i believe he referred to it as his "world system". But the amount of power he needed to push through the Earth made it completely un-feasible, and he never was able to demonstrate that he could pick up and use naturally occurring magnetic energy, any more than anyone today can demonstrate that they can pick up and use "zero point energy".

Anyway, the people backing his project realized that he wasn't going anywhere, so they quit supporting him (it was their money, after all) and he was never able to interest anyone else in his ideas.

If you have any information about some sort of "shielding territory" I'd like to see it.

"... now we have these elf stations that can be purported to be able to form a shield, and even controll weather. (it seems elf may be tessla's tower). "

"Purported" by whom? What mechanism are you thinking of for an extremely low frequency signal being able to do such stuff? ELF frequencies can be propagated through the water, which is great for communicating with, say submerged submarines; but their bandwidth is so incredibly low that it's like having three-year-old Morse code operators sending messages back and forth.

I don't know where you get this stuff from, but I sure would like to see some scientific data supporting it.

"...have also heard a rumer years ago that stated that tessla aparenty accidently blew a big hole in the ground some distance away useind said tower."

You heard a rumor.

"...why would the government bother to steal useless information. it is said that they took somewhere around 80% of his reserch when he "died"."

Well, you're asking your question based on the fact that the government stole some of his information, and I never saw any evidence that they did. But even if they did, it could've been because someone thought he might have something worth stealing (and that's just a guess on my part). And if he did have something worth stealing, then why haven't we seen any of the stuff being used sixty years after he died?

I mean, the atomic bomb was a huge secret sixty years ago, too; and now everyone knows about it and we use nuclear energy all the time. Yet if there is anything of value taht Tesla "invented", why isn't anyone using it today?

"in fact was he realy dead there is some thought that he may possibly have been involved in project rainbow at a time after he was suppost to be dead."

And your evidence or facts to support that is ... where?

Drogo, I don't see anything in your post that has any bearing in fact whatsoever. You have not produced any evidence for any of your assertions.

We're here to deny ignorance, not perpetuate it!

[edit on 17-3-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Tesla is almost 100% responsible for the 20th century. He invented the AC current, a core component of the tv (related to the Tesla tower), the radio (not Marconi!!!), remote control, and other stuff.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
any more than anyone today can demonstrate that they can pick up and use "zero point energy".

Well, Incrediboy used ZPE in The Incredibles so it must exist...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
HAARP

Tesla's technology is used constantly in today's world.

There are countless links to Tesla and his technology we still use today and will use in the future.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Drogo, I don't see anything in your post that has any bearing in fact whatsoever. You have not produced any evidence for any of your assertions.

We're here to deny ignorance, not perpetuate it!

evidence is what i am looking for. it seems every time i look arround i find more questions.
to find our way out of ignorance you must pose questions and find answers
for example:

you live in an area that has never even heard of electricity. you have only low technology. no contact with the outside world. a man comes along one day and tells you all about electricity and it's many uses. do you:
a) take his word as truth no mater how far fetched it sounds
b) realize that what he has said is an impossibility. totaly ignoreing what he said as he is obviously lying or is crazy
c) start looking for either confirmation or denial of what he has told you

personaly i would recomend c. what harm is there in looking. you may be disapointed in what you find, on the other hand you might find out he was telling you the truth after all.
questions are how you find answers. if you don't look how do you expect to find out if things are true or not.this is the whole foundation of science. first you must have a question,(what temperature does ice form at). then you try to find the answer. this can be reserch,(look it up in an encyclopedia). or experimentation (get a freezer and start it at high temperatures and work you way down untill your water freezes). or even a combination to prove what you have reserched. this is how to loose your ignorance. in this case you will now know what temperature water freezes at.

in all honesty i would say you should question all things this is how to deny ignorance

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hey All

I am no expert on such matter's however very good friend and collegue of mine is very well learned on such things. I sent him a link to this page and has asked me to provide you with a link.

He believes that it is very relevant to this topic. See his comments below; I pasted from an email he sent to me:

For the ATS board:

There are developments in using zero point energy, including nanoscale devices which make use of the Casmir Effect, named after Dutch Physicist Hendrik Casmir who proposed the theory:

physicsweb.org...

Thanks

Whatever.

Regards

Boondog

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
bandit says:

"Tesla is almost 100% responsible for the 20th century."

Hardly.

"He invented the AC current...,"

No. Tesla realized that alternating current is more effective for transmission, since it can be transmitted long distances at low current levels (although high voltage levels) and he invented the AC motor to take advantage of it. But it was George Westinghouse (working with Tesla) who came up with the best way to transmit AC

"...a core component of the tv (related to the Tesla tower),"

Which one? The electron gun? How is that "related to the Tesla tower"?

"...the radio (not Marconi!!!)...,"

No question there. Tesla did incredibly important ground work, and Guglielmo Marconi got way more credit than he deserved.

"...remote control..."

Do you mean a workable remote control by infrared waves like we have today? If so, I am not aware of anything supporting that. If you mean his early work on radio, then I suppose you could say that, since there are such thngs as radio-transmission remote controls, then those depend on Tesla's early work with radio propagation. But that's hardly "inventing remote control".

You know, this is kind of frustrating.

It seems that on this forum, someone makes all these statements, and, when I ask for any sort of supporting data, I am ignored and someone else comes up with other statements and never shows any evidence for them, either.

I grant that Nikola Tesla was, even though a bit nutso, one of the greatest electrical engineers around. But you people are using a bunch of rumors and hints of some Secret Dark Conspiracy to try to make him into some sort of little tin god -- and he wasn't.

Remember, we're here to deny ignorance, not perpetuate it!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
drogo says:

"evidence is what i am looking for. it seems every time i look arround i find more questions.
to find our way out of ignorance you must pose questions and find answers"

I agree. You need to find answers, or else your assertions are just assertions.

And assertions do not deny ignorance at all. It's the facts, which require answers, which do that!

"in all honesty i would say you should question all things this is how to deny ignorance."

I agree. I hear a lot of assertions about Tesla and I question them.

Unfortunately, it seems like I'm the only one who does question these stories; everyone else seems to accept them unhesitatingly.

I do not know why that is.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Westinghouse has the patient for this .. please look at the below web site ..
www.angelfire.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Boondog, Physics World is a great magazine; it's both readable and scholarly, sort of like Scientific American. Although I don't have a subscription, one is available at my company's library, and i have glanced through it on several occasions (I'm not a physicist, so the more scholarly and juried publications with the three pages of math, followed by "it is obvious from the above, therefore....", are simply beyond me).

And the Casimir Effect is pretty well known, and a lot of researchers believe tht it could be a manifestation of the theoretical existence of "zero-0point energy".

But there's an important thing to remember: if "zpg" exists (and it looks like it does) tht doesn't mean we can use it. We know that the Strong Force and the Weak Force exist, too; and we haven't been able to lase them or put them to work. So zpg is full of promise, but there's no payoff yet.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Off the street, I have posted my sources about Tesla numerous times already. That's why I didn't post any this time. I have moderating duties to do as well, and I don't have that much times on my hands because I'm on the job.

But anyway, the pbs special is one of my sources for Tesla.

www.pbs.org...

And don't you think that those five little gadgets pictured on that page there represent the 20th century? Without them there would be no 20th century as we have known it.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Posted by Off_The_Street:
[] .. I know he built a tower that he claimed could transmit energy through the earth itself and anyone could pick it up; i believe he referred to it as his "world system". But the amount of power he needed to push through the Earth made it completely un-feasible, .. []

Groundwave transmissions at ELF frequencies don't require much power to transmit around the globe. The Russian and US submarine communication systems operating below 100hz only use 2.5-100 watts of transmission power to send signals around the globe. The real problem, as you mentioned in in the next paragraph, is the available bandwidth at these frequencies. They're only used to send basic commands to great distances.

Telsa's idea was to resonate with Earth's magnetic field, which he somehow determined to be 12 cycles per second. He knew that when the Earth's magnetic field was struck electrically at its resonant frequency it would be set into vibration, the waves would be amplified, and this allowed for global transmission. There is evidence that he had done all the testing to confirm this.

It's a bit difficult to prove Tesla wrong, as he was adamant his radio transceiving systems were "non-hertzian." Basically, the transmission that takes place between two resonant Tesla coils is done longitudinally, like sound waves.

No. Tesla realized that alternating current is more effective for transmission, since it can be transmitted long distances at low current levels (although high voltage levels) and he invented the AC motor to take advantage of it. But it was George Westinghouse (working with Tesla) who came up with the best way to transmit AC

It didn't quite happen like this. Tesla invented the polyphase motor while still at Graz polytechnic in Austria. He was convinced that an electric motor should not require a commutator, and his rotating magnetic field discovery using polyphase alternate currents was the answer. By the time he was involved with Westinghouse he had already patented the polyphase induction motor, polyphase dynamos and transformers for polyphase transmission and he had figured out that the most optimum frequency for the transmission to operate with the AC motor would be 60hz.

But that's hardly "inventing remote control".

Tesla did invent remote control. He demonstrated a remote control boat in 1890 at Madison Square Garden which he called a "teleautomaton." When people first saw this they thought he was controlling the boat with his mind

www.mercury.gr...

If you're after a good scientific read about what Tesla considered his greatest discovery, check out this online mini-book:
www.aw-verlag.ch...

edit: typos, some small additions.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by electric]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
He made the whole Manhatan tremble with one of his inventions from his basement, untill the FBI stopped him from doing it again

And yes, the HAARP system antena fields are his invention as well, only he wanted to use it for communication with aliens.

He also supposedly send a lightning of energy trough air some great distance, no cables.

but i never heard about a car before...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join